PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried Truvia/PureVia products yet?

popologist
07-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Truvia is the new sweetener made from stevia. It's only in a few products so far--VitaminWater10 is one of them.

Truvia is Coke's version of the sweetener. Pepsi's is called PureVia.

I just wondered how it tastes compared to other artificial sweeteners.

Tannerman
07-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I haven't tried any Truvia/PureVia yet. I have tried various flavors of Zevia which uses a type of stevia.

Takes like diet :)

fusion
07-21-2009, 06:35 PM
You can definitely tell the difference between the sugar versions and the stevia versions of Vitaminwater. The stevia ones are surprisingly very drinkable. I haven't tried any of the stevia Lifewaters yet.

I've also used stevia in hot tea, and it tastes just fine.

popologist
07-21-2009, 07:08 PM
You can definitely tell the difference between the sugar versions and the stevia versions of Vitaminwater. The stevia ones are surprisingly very drinkable. I haven't tried any of the stevia Lifewaters yet.

I've also used stevia in hot tea, and it tastes just fine.

thanks for the review. maybe i'll pick some up, just to try it.

juniorjin
07-22-2009, 01:06 AM
i found that the vitaminwater 10, the first couple of times you drink them, there is quite a weird mix of vanilla or liquorice aftertaste. but I started getting used to the taste. Just give it a couple of tries and it's actually not that bad. I've started to find the regular vitaminwaters to actually be too sweet for me now....coke needs tranquilo with truvia and i'll be happy

fusion
07-22-2009, 03:55 AM
That's a common complaint with stevia, a licorice aftertaste.

BluejacketT
07-22-2009, 07:10 AM
I've tasted the truvia sweetened vitaminwater 10 & it was pretty good. The PureVia sweetened Life Water I've tasted (can't remember which one it was) was alright.

popologist
07-22-2009, 09:08 AM
i almost picked up some Truvia at the supermarket, but it was about 3 or 4 times the cost of Sweet n Low (which I like to put in my Iced Tea), so I didn't buy it. But it looked like people were buying it, since some of the boxes were missing.

I'll wait to try it in a beverage first, like VitaminWater (although I'm not a fan of VitaminWater--the flavors are kind of gross in my opinion).

mofizz
07-22-2009, 12:37 PM
I've tried all of the zero cal SoBe Lifewaters and they are all quite good. They actually taste natural and have no funny aftertaste. I think the Fuji Apple Pear is the best.