PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham, AL market question

wonkapete
07-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Last year(?), there were 2 one liter bottles shrinkwrapped together as a "pack? A family pack, maybe? Anyway, just wondering if they are still on the market?

fusion
07-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Actually, they were 1.5 liters (50.7oz), which were then replaced with a twin pack of 50oz bottles. I saw a sales sample of one in our offices a few months ago, but I don't know if/when we will be carrying them.

There also was a package from CCBCC where three 1L were rung together with a plastic neck ringer, all in a row, like the way you see twin packs of juice bottles packed in warehouse clubs.

They had a similar promotion around here in one chain, but the 1L were loose (buy 3, get $ off a rotisserie chicken, or something to that effect). The price was $1 each.

wonkapete
07-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks Fusion. I just went through my pictures and it's the Twin Pack I was thinking of.

Are these still out in stores around Birmingham?

BhamCokeman
07-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks Fusion. I just went through my pictures and it's the Twin Pack I was thinking of.

Are these still out in stores around Birmingham?

They are still here. They are also the inside joke that everyone takes jabs out. CCNA is doing all they can with it though, and we have coupons out they ying yang for them. $1 off coupons right now that makes them $1.49, and coupons that tie into pizza, meat, etc. We also had a 3/10, get a twin pack free ad last month, and it did real well. I know when all the indy bottlers were in town last month to tour the market for contour 2 liters, they were checking twin packs out as well.

amyers
08-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Yes, they've changed in the Atlanta area too. Here's the old ones, luckily I was able to get a few of them before they disappeared:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTMuanBn-1.jpg

(sorry it's sideways)