PDA

View Full Version : Future of RC?

TACBOT
07-27-2009, 07:35 PM
With the reorganization of Cadbury Schweppes and Dr.P/7 Up into the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, it there any future for RC, Cherry RC (MIA), etc. or
is DPS content with RC's forgotten status?

fusion
07-27-2009, 09:51 PM
RC packaging just got a makeover, so I don't think it's going anywhere. It is a neglected brand, though.

You can see the new graphics at Sunkist Drink Up. Fill Up. (http://www.drinkupfillup.com/) which is a website for a contest involving 13 of DPS' flavors (A&W, Sunkist, RC, 7Up).

Cherry RC is the best HFCS cherry cola out there (sorry, sucrose Cherry Coke is the best damn cherry cola, it's practically addicting). It is hard to find, though. I used to buy it in NJ when I lived there (2L only). And in VA/NC/SC, most of the bottlers are carrying Cheerwine, so they aren't carrying Cherry RC (weird, because one is a cola and one is a cherry soda). RC Evansville IN produces Cherry RC, and it's pretty easy to find in their territories. I don't know about the west coast where you are - never been out there.

drpep
07-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Royal Crown sponsored a NASCAR car a few weeks ago if you remember that post.
I do agree it is a neglected brand. Does not even have its own website. Don't think I've seen 12 packs in Wegmans for over a year, and single serve is non existant in my part of New York state.

SamC
07-28-2009, 10:22 PM
I will never understand why C-S does not compete in the fountain market, in restaurants and in arenas, with a full line, RC-Dr P-7up, and flavors.

drpep
07-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Those flavors used to be in Arbys. Wasn't there a relationship between Arbys and C-S at one time?

CitrusCola
07-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Arby's (as well as Wendy's now) is owned by a company called Triarc. Triarc used to own Royal Crown (as well as Snapple) before they sold their drink business to C-S.

The guy behind Triarc, Nelson Peltz, also owns a large chunk of DPSG stock now. I read a few months ago that he had been trying to get a seat on the board at DPSG.