PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Throwback to return

Tannerman
08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Per Pepsi's Facebook page:
Thanks for all the Throwback tweets, videos, pics & pleas. We've heard you & you convinced us. And….We've got great news! Throwback is coming back!! On Dec 28th for 8 weeks. Same formula, but cooler vintage look!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-10-2009, 04:37 PM
also on Twitter:

So... We've got great news! Throwback is coming back!! On Dec 28th for 8 weeks. With the same formula, but new awesome vintage look!

BevNET
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Now all they need is a longneck and the RAW formulation :)

atrac
08-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Cool...bring back Mountain Dew Throwback too...but this time don't forget the orange juice! :)

Tannerman
08-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Cool...bring back Mountain Dew Throwback too...but this time don't forget the orange juice! :)

Same formula as previous Throwback returning for Dew.

Android
08-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Nice to hear it was successful. Maybe in the interim I'll have to try to source some citric acid and try adding that into the Pepsi and seeing if it makes a difference.

Also, in another thread I'd mentioned that it had sold out around here and wasn't "remaindered" but after I post that, it suddenly shows up again and the 20oz-ers have been going for as cheap as 4-for-a-buck. I don't know if it just didn't sell as well as they expected, or it could be that the Wyoming bottler expected maybe to sell more than they did to other bottlers that didn't make it. Regardless, I was wrong, and it's still around here.

-Andy

pepsiguy383
08-10-2009, 11:55 PM
That is awesome to hear!! We had absolutely no problem getting rid of all our stock in our warehouse... I come across at least 2 to 3 different ppl a week on my route asking where it has gone and why Pepsi got rid of it... they are gonna be pretty stoked once I inform them of the re-release...

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think that Pepsi should keep the Throwback on as a permanent item??? Or do you think that it's selling much better because of the novelty effect??

mjb1124
08-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Wow, there are a lot of Throwback haters on the Mountain Dew Facebook group. People are calling it words like "yucky", comparing it to Diet Dew and bodily fluids, and even making statements like "corn syrup rules". Of course, there are also people praising/defending it, but the comments on the Pepsi group are much more unanimously positive.

But anyhow, I'm glad to see they're giving it another run. I still see the Pepsi around here in some places, and still usually have at least one per week. I just wish they'd make it permanent.

atrac
08-11-2009, 03:41 AM
I actually liked MD Throwback, but I did find it an acquired taste. It was definitely different from regular MD and I could easily understand the comparisons to Diet Dew.

Seriously, if they added the OJ, it'd be perfect.

scaryice
08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Well, so much for the 12 packs I hoarded. Actually, I was at Jewel the other day here in Illinois, and they still had a couple left.

mofizz
08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
They are changing the Dew Throwback formula. Should taste better this time.

Tannerman
08-11-2009, 11:56 AM
They are changing the Dew Throwback formula. Should taste better this time.

Where did you find that out?

mofizz
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Where did you find that out?

PepsiCo. They had a lot of complaints on the last go around and are trying to get the taste tuned up a little.

mjb1124
08-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Just make it the same formula as regular Dew, only with sugar instead of HFCS. Not so hard, is it? ;)

Dewman1979
08-15-2009, 05:16 PM
it didn't taste like dew

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Meanwhile, here in Mexico Pepsi Retro returns... but now renamed as Pepsi Natural, the label is exactly the same as the american one... but with the difference that it's not on sale on glass bottles (for the moment), only in 600 ml and 1.5 lt. plastic bottles...

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9189/1508092107.jpg

Second Pepsi version in Mexico that now carries the new logo... the regular, light and Max versions still have the current one...

Chad.
08-27-2009, 01:58 PM
possible design for the mountain dew return

Tannerman
08-27-2009, 02:40 PM
possible design for the mountain dew return

You have a source on that? It's interesting, though Pepsi has been distinctively noting that Throwbacks have "Natural Sugar", not "Real Sugar" as the prototypes noted. My guess would be that they don't want to answer the question... "so if this is real sugar, what were we drinking before?" :)

mofizz
08-27-2009, 02:45 PM
You have a source on that? It's interesting, though Pepsi has been distinctively noting that Throwbacks have "Natural Sugar", not "Real Sugar" as the prototypes noted. My guess would be that they don't want to answer the question... "so if this is real sugar, what were we drinking before?" :)

I could be wrong about all of this but my explanation would be that real sugal=cane sugar, while natural sugar=cane+beet sugar. To complicate the matter even more, what is "pure cane sugar"? I guess they are all chemically named sucrose but it is confusing.

fusion
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
It's like the whole Snapple "made from the best stuff on earth" snafu. They replaced the hfcs with sugar, and added green tea to the black tea.. and now it's better stuff? How can you have better than best? bestest? ha.

Android
08-27-2009, 09:18 PM
That new Dew one looks a bit like a photoshop to me, especially with that generic Cooper typeface for "Throwback".

atrac
08-28-2009, 12:26 AM
You have a source on that?)

DEW labs panel member? ;)

XLS_04
08-28-2009, 04:48 AM
Would be interesting if they used the original logo, but I honestly don't think they want to be remembered for their pre famous hillbilly stuff. Because the brand started to get a real national following after all that.

I know during 1991 they were test marketing or issued special edition cans of Mountain Dew with a water creek, trees, mountains and the word "the original" under the name.

fusion
08-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Yep, usasoda has them on his site. And if you scroll down to the diet section at the bottom, they released that design in diet as well.

Mountain Dew (http://www.usasoda.com/pepsidew.htm)

They were produced by two canning cooperatives, Wis-Pak in WI and Carolina Canners in SC.

XLS_04
08-29-2009, 03:55 AM
yes, those are the cans!

Dewman1979
09-03-2009, 04:31 AM
awww...pitch black...wish they'd bring that back.:(

SLOYAROLE
09-04-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm glad they're bringing it back. It did well where I am and it tastes great. Can't wait for it to return. This is awesome news.

fusion
09-04-2009, 07:16 PM
It's official, they're using the hillbilly graphics. Beverage Digest tweeted it the other day.

UncleBob
10-26-2009, 01:33 AM
My boss called me to tell me that his Pepsi sales rep told him they were bringing back Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback...

... and this time, there's going to be a Dr. Pepper Throwback?!?

Anyone heard any such thing? Where's the drooly smiley?

Fixx
10-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Personally, I enjoy Throwback. Cane sugar items ARE a good thing.
See, Abita Root Beer....

Android
10-26-2009, 05:58 AM
I don't see how there would be a Dr Pepper Throwback, considering Dr Pepper isn't a Pepsico product. However there have been rumors here back like 2-3 years ago that Pepper would try a cane-sugar limited edition at some point. I don't think it went past test-markets though.

Now as for Pepsi, saw a mention of the next Throwback in my Pepsi Cola Collector's Club newsletter the other day, and looks like they will be using the white-background/70's-80's square-E logo for Pepsi this time around on the cans.

-Andy

CitrusCola
10-26-2009, 06:16 AM
The glass-bottled Dr Pepper produced in West Jefferson, NC is made with cane sugar. I guess you could consider that "Throwback."

Android
10-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Dug up the threads from the past I was remembering about sugar-Pepper:

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/bevboard-general/27572-dr-pepper-w-real-sugar-summer-2006-a.html

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/bevboard-general/30770-cadbury-testing-dr-pepper-w-cane-sugar.html

mofizz
10-26-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that there will indeed be a Dr. Pepper "throwback" type beverage coming out about the same time as the Dew/Pepsi Throwback. I believe it's called Dr. Pepper Heritage.

the saint
10-26-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't see how there would be a Dr Pepper Throwback, considering Dr Pepper isn't a Pepsico product. However there have been rumors here back like 2-3 years ago that Pepper would try a cane-sugar limited edition at some point. I don't think it went past test-markets though.

Now as for Pepsi, saw a mention of the next Throwback in my Pepsi Cola Collector's Club newsletter the other day, and looks like they will be using the white-background/70's-80's square-E logo for Pepsi this time around on the cans.

-Andy

I guess I must be in a test market. I have been able to buy cane sugar pepper for the better part of 4 years now. I happen to be enjoying one as I type.

Mr Zabe
10-26-2009, 04:32 PM
You lucky dog. LMAO :)

Android
10-27-2009, 02:20 AM
That's kind of a long time for a test market. That's just Temple Pepper right? I'm thinking they got extended distribution on that variant due to regional popularity.

the saint
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Yes it is just temple pepper. I was just trying to get to zabe about it and it worked. haha
temple pepper is available about 20 minutes south of where I live so about once a month I shoot down there and pick up a case or so. there really isn't a whole lot of difference in taste but you can taste the difference. There was the limited release of the 16 oz "doc" cans a year or so ago that went away pretty quick.

leisuredrummer
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Down here in Houston we have Dr. Pepper with real cane sugar all over the place. It's a great thing.

skylark68
10-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Yes it is just temple pepper.

"JUST" Temple Pepper????

That happens to be the best Dr. Pepper around....

haha:D

rv65
10-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Temple Bottling Co bottles the 12 oz cans and 1 way 8 oz bottles of Dublin DP. I believe Temple Pepper is the same as Dublin DP since they're both made at the same plant.

fusion
10-30-2009, 08:51 AM
No, Temple does the cans, Dublin does the bottles.

lordmadone
11-04-2009, 09:39 PM
It will be called Dr. Pepper retro.

UncleBob
12-11-2009, 08:33 PM
My boss called me to tell me that his Pepsi sales rep told him they were bringing back Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback...

... and this time, there's going to be a Dr. Pepper Throwback?!?

Anyone heard any such thing? Where's the drooly smiley?

Whoo-hoo! I called this one! Do I get a cookie?

drpep
12-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Whoo-hoo! I called this one! Do I get a cookie?

I've sent you a Zwieback.

lordmadone
12-12-2009, 06:35 PM
errr dr.pepper heritage..I stand corrected.

iowacity
12-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Just picked up a 20-oz each of Pepsi and Dew TBs at the local Wal-Mart!

Android
12-15-2009, 07:13 PM
What, with the new graphics? Cool.

That does bring to mind a comment though, I guess Pepsi doesn't have much control over production and distribution, this wasn't supposed to be out for a couple more weeks now. And also, the original Throwback was supposed to be Limited Time Only for 6 weeks, and I've seen it on shelves with a born on date from 5 months after it was introduced. I wonder if this next Limited Edition will extend that many months past the initial plan.
-Andy

fusion
12-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Looks like they're advertising this time around as well.

YouTube - Mountain Dew Throwback Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paKyPRhsL8I)

badlieut
12-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Just picked up a 20-oz each of Pepsi and Dew TBs at the local Wal-Mart!

So, does the Dew taste different (better) this time? Did they add the OJ?

Tannerman
12-16-2009, 10:58 AM
So, does the Dew taste different (better) this time? Did they add the OJ?

I haven't found the new Throwbacks yet, so I can't verify the accuracy of the following, but this was posted on BevReview yesterday by someone who has had the new Dew:
Unfortunately, they changed the Mountain Dew Throwback recipe. The 'rebooted' Mountain Dew Throwback for December now has Orange Juice in it. In my opinion, the change makes the December version of Mountain Dew Throwback taste worse than the 'original' Mountain Dew Throwback from the Summer. It's too bad. I really liked the Summer version. Source (http://www.bevreview.com/2009/11/27/pepsi-throwback-mountain-dew-throwback-december-2009-relaunch-designs/#comment-87024)

atrac
12-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow, I've been reading and hearing "first of the year" for the release of this. Curious as to why Iowa would already have it -- why test market something that is for certain coming out anyway?

fusion
12-16-2009, 08:50 PM
It's not being test marketed. It was just released early.

Generally new items are run weeks in advance, so they can build up enough inventory for the initial launch, and to not interfere too much with the normal production schedule. Sometimes there is a very specific release date where the product can't be sold before that date, and sometime's it's when it hits the warehouse, it can go out on the trucks. I'm pretty sure they used the same UPCs on the bottles, so they wouldn't have to get the items reauthorized, which takes time. They would already be in the system in the stores.

We're having a problem right now with a few items that were released early without being authorized in most chain stores. So they are only sold in mom&pop type stores, and a local chain.

Dewman1979
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
They should add OJ...since it is supposed to be in it.

webersa
12-17-2009, 11:17 PM
FYI--Iowa City is in Pepsi Americas territory. Maybe they wanted a jump to get product into the stores because it takes time getting the products into the store sets and into the chain stores like Wal-Marts and major grocery stores.

Sweet :o, throwback is getting into markets close to home. My local distributor sold twice the amount of Mountain Dew compared to Pepsi and ran out of product in their warehouse a month before the Throwback timeframe was supposed to end last spring.

Themaster73
12-17-2009, 11:23 PM
They should add OJ...since it is supposed to be in it.

OJ was not in the original Mountain Dew. Throwback doesn't just mean sugar, it means original formula (or it used to mean that)

They should do a Passover Mountain Dew for those that want sugar and Orange Juice (or Concentrated Orange Juice / Orange Juice Concentrate).

Notice the Pepsi Throwback (original formula) is different from Passover Pepsi (current formula with sugar)

Android
12-17-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't think the MD sold very well around here. Most people I talked to who had tried it said they didn't like it. I just saw a stack of the old MD Thowback still on the Pepsi display at a local store when I went shopping a couple of hours ago. That store still had some of the old Pepsi Throwback a couple of weeks ago but looks to be all gone now.

bigrich
12-18-2009, 09:32 PM
The New Mountain Dew TB has Orange Juice Concentrate listed in the ingrediants. I have one chillin and will try it later.

atrac
12-20-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm curious to know how they decide which retailer will be carrying Throwback products? Last summer I noticed that Target and Vons were the only retailers in the Los Angeles area carrying Mountain Dew Throwback. I never saw it at Wal*Mart, Ralph's, Albertson's, or any other store (not a scientific study by any means, but I had a LOT of time over the summer and I was looking hard!).

Also, are there local bottlers in the Southern CA area? Or do we get our stuff from other areas of the country? I ask because it also seemed like we were one of the last areas to get Throwback in July...

Thanks!

Android
12-20-2009, 02:48 AM
Around here, Safeway didn't carry Throwback, well maybe briefly on an end-aisle display that was not refilled after it sold out, but it was never a shelf item. Now King Soopers (Kroger) did, and heck I saw at least one store that was still carrying it a couple of weeks ago. Many other stores had it too. I do wonder why Safeway didn't carry it.

Themaster73
12-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Places that only have 20 oz bottles don't really help Throwback sell out quicker in all cases. Once the .99 cent offer is gone (if the store has this offer at all), those small bottles can cost as much as 1.59 (before tax and deposit), thus discouraging many people (other than those who normally buy 20 oz bottles) from buying Throwback. This is one problem that Mountain Dew Throwback had in the New York area. The other problem, was it not being in some stores at all, even those that had Pepsi Throwback.

2 liters as low as .88 don't make really Throwback (20 oz) look that appealing at all (other than real / natural sugar). The 12 packs can be good if you can get them lower than 3.00 and without any minimum purchase requirements.

I think next time Pepsi should also put these in 2 liter bottles as well to increase distribution and sales. NFL Lemon Kickoff was a LTO that was also in 2 liter bottles, so why not Throwback.

atrac
12-20-2009, 11:50 PM
I wish MD Throwback was out here today -- Von's has five 12-packs of most of their sodas for $10. HOT!

Android
12-21-2009, 12:25 AM
The 20oz TBs in Wyoming were blown out when they got close to their dates. I saw them at 2/dollar and 4/dollar!

Mr Zabe
12-21-2009, 12:40 AM
I agree price is a big factor in why TB had stale sale volumes.
It does seem that both Pepsi and Coke lack creative insight as
to getting core cola drinkers excited about their new products.

scaryice
12-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Saw 20oz. bottles of both throwbacks on sale last night here in Illinois.

EDIT: saw the 12 packs as well tonight.

mcormany
12-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Has anyone seen the Throwback products in Knoxville or anywhere in East Tennessee?

atrac
12-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I found 20 oz bottles of both Throwbacks the other day at Target. Bought one of each. MD was ok -- tasted a bit like diet soda! The Pepsi one didn't taste any different to me than regular Pepsi (although honestly, I am not a fan of Pepsi).

I went into Von's last night and...score! They had 12 packs of MD Throwback. Even better, they are running a special -- 3 or more 12 packs for $2.49 each. I bought four!

Still tastes a little diet to me, but the more I drink of it, that goes away. It's like my taste buds have to adjust from HFCS to Sugar or something?

housej55
12-31-2009, 12:08 AM
I have noticed the 20oz bottles of Pepsi and Mountain Dew throwback at Hess Gas Stations here in West Central Florida (Spring Hill, North of Tampa). I'm hoping to see some 12 packs so I can stock up. I still have some Throwbacks of MD and Pepsi from the last go around.

mjb1124
12-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Finally found both flavors in 20 oz. today (also at a Hess - go figure). Something was REALLY off about the Dew I bought. There was some underlying taste that reminded me of vitamin pills. I couldn't even finish half of it. Maybe I just got a bad bottle? The Pepsi is still great though... I'm TRYING not to finish it but it's hard to resist the urge to keep taking sips.

Now hopefully Cherry Crush will turn up soon...

whotony
01-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Saw Cherry Crush, Pepsi TB and Dew TB today in Shop n Bag in Aston Pa.

Didn't buy any, the 12 packs are $4.99.
The 2 liters were $1.25, so I can wait for a sale.

mcormany
01-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Has anyone seen the Throwback products in Knoxville or anywhere in East Tennessee?

I've found them here at Wal-Mart and Kroger. The pepsi guy told me they are at Food City as well, but I've not seen them.

sodafinderfl
01-04-2010, 10:15 PM
In the Orlando,Fl. area, I have seen all three in 12 packs at
Publix Supermarkets, 3/ 12 pks. for $10.00. Also, at Hess Gas Stations,
they have Pepsi TB and Mountain Dew TB, 20 oz. bottles for 99 cents,
and 12 pks., 2 for $6.00
I like the Pepsi TB, not a Mountain Dew fan, but I will try it. My
daughter who is a Dr. Pepper drinker, likes the Heritage Dr. Pepper.
I too hope that Pepsi will consider continuing the Pepsi TB as well
as the other two, on a permanent basis.

UncleBob
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Umm... Where'd the other Throwback topic go?

Android
06-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Good question - I just dug up the link in my History folder from when I looked at it yesterday, and its dead now.
http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/bevboard-general/32913-good-news-about-pepsi-dew-throwback-2.html

Dude111
06-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I wonder why the admin deleted it??

janstett
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Any news on TB III? Starting to look like it may not happen, Pepsi Throwback (http://www.pepsithrowbackhub.com/) hasn't been updated.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
07-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Starts near the end of July (Around the 25th), but probably will be in some areas earlier like in the other two Throwback installments.

janstett
07-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Same packaging as TB II?

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Should be>same packaging. Same formula as well.

Tons O' Fun
07-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Got this in my email today.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/somepankakes/deew.png

Dude111
07-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Should be>same packaging. Same formula as well.If they were SMART they would use THE ORIGINAL RECIPE THEY USED IN 2009!!!! (Much better)

Themaster73
07-14-2010, 04:25 AM
If they were SMART they would use THE ORIGINAL RECIPE THEY USED IN 2009!!11 (Much better)

Have you tried KP Pepsi or KPCF Pepsi?

Maybe they should try the KP formula for a round of Throwback (with Citric Acid and plural Natural Flavors) and see if everyone likes that.

Mr Zabe
07-14-2010, 04:58 AM

Maybe they should try the KP formula for a round of Throwback (with Citric Acid and plural Natural Flavors) and see if everyone likes that.
Well said!

janstett
07-15-2010, 09:03 AM

Seconded!

I loved KP Pepsi!

UncleBob
07-24-2010, 09:23 PM
A bit of a cross-post, but I think it's approprate.
Fresh off the truck today. Southern Illinois, Walmart:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/134984358-7890acd61be15c8e8551f0578271c0234c4b8588-full.jpg

I saw the Pepsi dude stocking the shelves and I asked if he knew when I could expect Throwback to show up. He's like "Soon. There's supposed to be some on the truck that came in today. They're unloading it now."

Next thing I know, I've got Throwback! Whoo!

Dewman1979
07-25-2010, 08:25 PM
had throwback, MY, and Sun Drop yesterday.

The throwback was alright.

Dude111
07-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Sad...... They bring out Pepsi Throwback AND ITS ASBOLUTELY DELICIOUS (In 2009) and they screw it up!!!!!

Not surprising at all...........

lordmadone
07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Dude111 must you always make it seem like your opinion is the same as everyone elses? Many people would disagree with you. Anyways..lookin forward to them all!

janstett
07-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Sad...... They bring out Pepsi Throwback AND ITS ASBOLUTELY DELICIOUS (In 2009) and they screw it up!!!!!

Not surprising at all...........

I've seen a lot of arguing over whether they changed the formula between TB I and TB II (IMO they did and TB I tasted better).

But both of them pale compared to Kosher for Passover Pepsi. That stuff is terrific.

Themaster73
07-28-2010, 12:39 AM
I've seen a lot of arguing over whether they changed the formula between TB I and TB II (IMO they did and TB I tasted better).

But both of them pale compared to Kosher for Passover Pepsi. That stuff is terrific.

Try Kosher for Passover Caffeine Free Pepsi, likely sweeter than regular KP Pepsi

jackinbox
07-28-2010, 07:22 PM
I stopped in today at my local grocer here in Indianapolis. They only had 2 12-packs of DP w/sugar so I bought both. Then I picked up a couple of TB Pepsi as well. The DP has the new packaging on the outside but the cans are the same Heritage cans from last year.

They had Mountain Dew as well, but I didn't care for this year's Mountain Dew. The 2009 formula of that was definitely much better. I don't notice any difference in the Pepsi though. Tastes great to me.

sodafinderfl
07-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Pepsi TB has appeared again here in Orlando. The local Wal Mart has the 12 packs. While I enjoyed TB II and now III, I do believe these differ from TB I. Being as I remember soda in the sixties and seventies, I wish Pepsi would go back to that / those formulations. Wal Mart also has the MD and DP, the DP is the Heritage cans from before.

UncleBob
07-29-2010, 12:56 AM
So, I called the toll-free number for Pepsi today.

Waited on hold for a little while.

Lady picked up. Told her I wanted to voice a very loud and vocal complaint.

She's like "Ummm.... okay?"

Told her I had picked up some of the newest run of Throwback. "Yes?"

Told her I had a major issue with the packaging design. "What?"

Told her my bottle said "Limited time only" on it and that I didn't like it and wanted that removed.

She laughed. I was serious. ;)

She took my ZIP down and said she'd "pass it along", which I'm sure means File 13.

Anywhoo, everyone should call in and ask to keep Throwback. :)

Themaster73
07-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Pepsi TB has appeared again here in Orlando. The local Wal Mart has the 12 packs. While I enjoyed TB II and now III, I do believe these differ from TB I. Being as I remember soda in the sixties and seventies, I wish Pepsi would go back to that / those formulations. Wal Mart also has the MD and DP, the DP is the Heritage cans from before.

Pepsi does have KP Pepsi that is close to the 70s formula.

All Pepsi TBs (I,II,III) have the same formula

Mr Zabe
07-29-2010, 03:39 AM
Pepsi does have KP Pepsi that is close to the 70s formula.

As far as I'm concerned, Pepsi KP is just about the same as the 70's formula. Pepsi Throwback is a whole different animal. If you have enjoyed the old Pepsi sweetened with cane sugar, Pepsi TB just does not have the bite (carbonation) that the older formula had.
I tried Pepsi TB a few times and just did not enjoy it nor would I consider it a
throw back to any prior older version of Pepsi.

lordmadone
07-29-2010, 01:31 PM
@themaster and sadly some people believe it is different...SMDH ..

Themaster73
07-29-2010, 09:11 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Pepsi KP is just about the same as the 70's formula.

The "Natural Flavors" may be different from the 70s formula, but everything else is the same.

Themaster73
07-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Pepsi Throwback is a whole different animal. If you have enjoyed the old Pepsi sweetened with cane sugar, Pepsi TB just does not have the bite (carbonation) that the older formula had.
I tried Pepsi TB a few times and just did not enjoy it nor would I consider it a
throw back to any prior older version of Pepsi.

The Citric Acid is the main difference (along with a possibly different "Natural Flavor").

Pepsi TB is easier to get though, my area only had KP Pepsi in expensive 6 pack cans (which are now gone all together from the store, including HFCS/sugar 6 pack 12 oz cans so they may not be back next year), though it did have some KPCF Pepsi in 2 liter bottles.

Maybe TB is a previous Pepsi formula, like the first Mountain Dew TB which didn't have Orange Juice (a previous formula before Pepsi takeover didn't have orange juice in it)

janstett
07-30-2010, 10:25 AM

I know people keep saying that and it's already been argued, but I thought it tasted different when TB II came out, I still think it tastes different (I still have a stash of TB I, and yes I realize its age but I remember how it tasted when it came out).

Perhaps there was a different bottler in my area for TB I and II, or some difference in the non-syrup ingredients and/or ratios to water. Going to get some TB III this morning.

How can we petition Pepsi to make KFP Pepsi become the throwback formula?

fusion
07-30-2010, 04:50 PM
It's more like you need to petition the Federal Government to lift/raise the quotas on imported sugar, and lower/eliminate the tariffs on imported sugar. Both are in place to ensure the price of sugar stays artificially high, and to protect domestic sugar production. The US is the only country to use HFCS.

If only people would think outside the box. Sugar farmers in this country, like the corn farmers currently are, could be reaping the rewards of even a partial switch to cars that burn sugar ethanol, like in Brazil.

It all comes down to price. HFCS is still cheaper than beet/cane sugar, even with the rise in demand due to the switch to ethanol made from corn. And the corn industry will tell you that HFCS is the same as cane/beet sugar.

Themaster73
07-30-2010, 06:09 PM
It's more like you need to petition the Federal Government to lift/raise the quotas on imported sugar, and lower/eliminate the tariffs on imported sugar. Both are in place to ensure the price of sugar stays artificially high, and to protect domestic sugar production. The US is the only country to use HFCS.

If only people would think outside the box. Sugar farmers in this country, like the corn farmers currently are, could be reaping the rewards of even a partial switch to cars that burn sugar ethanol, like in Brazil.

It all comes down to price. HFCS is still cheaper than beet/cane sugar, even with the rise in demand due to the switch to ethanol made from corn. And the corn industry will tell you that HFCS is the same as cane/beet sugar.

Canada and Mexico (to some extent) also use HFCS as well, not as much as the US, but Canada does use it a lot.

It is used in smaller quantities in other countries

fusion
07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks for correcting me - apparently I was given incorrect information. Striking that part of my post, I still stand by the rest.

Themaster73
08-01-2010, 01:27 AM
How can we petition Pepsi to make KFP Pepsi become the throwback formula?

Email Pepsi and ask if they could (at least for a limited time) take HFCS out of Caffeine Free Pepsi. This can boost CF Pepsi's sales. Pepsi can keep regular Pepsi the same, but have KPCF Pepsi for several weeks. Pepsi is doing it for Sierra Mist, why not CF Pepsi?

Dude111
08-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Anywhoo, everyone should call in and ask to keep Throwback. :)WHATS THE NUMBA TO CALL??

I WILL GLADLY CALL IN AND GIVE MY COMMENTS!!

The digits please!

UncleBob
08-02-2010, 09:34 PM

mjb1124
08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Email Pepsi and ask if they could (at least for a limited time) take HFCS out of Caffeine Free Pepsi. This can boost CF Pepsi's sales. Pepsi can keep regular Pepsi the same, but have KPCF Pepsi for several weeks. Pepsi is doing it for Sierra Mist, why not CF Pepsi?

This post reminded me of a similar idea I had for Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi, which seems to be a slow seller judging by the numerous expired bottles I've encountered. They could replace it with a caffeine/ginseng free version of the Pepsi Max formula. Maybe they could even bring back the Pepsi Free brand. This thought came to my mind because I like the taste of Max, but don't react well to the energy blend.

Of course, I like your idea of "kosher" Caffeine Free Pepsi as well.

oz999
08-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Most definately a difference from II to III. What's causing it? That I have no idea, but it's there and not peoples imagination like some would have you believe. It's hard remembering Pepsi TB I, but it seems like III is closer to I in taste. Has a vitamin almost Pepsi Retroish/Pepsi Natural taste to it. I loved II was absolutely addicted to it after I got used to it after 4 cans or so.

It's wierd, I loved Dew TB I, but didn't like II very much kinda diet tasting and it didn't go away with time either, I went through 4 12 packs, haven't tried Dew TB III yet. Hopefully at least Dew TB III is like I.

Bring back Pepsi II and Dew I....best idea.

Acheron
08-05-2010, 03:22 AM
I'm extremely amused by the 4x3 12-packs. It seems like it's been a while since I've seen something that wasn't in a fridge-pack form factor.

Android
08-05-2010, 04:00 AM
That I have no idea, but it's there and not peoples imagination like some would have you believe. It's hard remembering Pepsi TB I, but it seems like III is closer to I in taste..

Best guess - they are trying different ratios or combinations of beet and cane sugar. Here in Wyoming, where the local bottler is in the same town as a regional beet sugar plant, I've noticed absolutely no difference in the different throwbacks. And... Throwback has never really disappeared since the inital "limited edition" came out. I think there was maybe 1 or 2 weeks between I and II that I could not find any in the stores. Since II came out, I think the Wyoming plant has made up a batch every month. So since they never really quit production that I've seen, maybe that's why it's not varied in quality.

-Andy

janstett
08-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Have only found Pepsi in 2l bottles, curiously. No sight of cans nor MD in any form. DP is hit or miss.

sodafinderfl
08-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Here in Orlando, the local Sam's Clubs are carrying Pepsi and MD TB III in 12 pks, this is the first TB items they have carried.

Wally1912
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Here in Orlando, the local Sam's Clubs are carrying Pepsi and MD TB III in 12 pks, this is the first TB items they have carried.

I went to a BJ's Wholesale Club yesterday and they had 18-pack cans of Pepsi Throwback for $4.99. I haven't seen any throwback recently in any regular supermarkets in the Boston area.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4878922027_172d95c3d6_b.jpg

jackinbox
08-11-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm thrilled to say that I'm seeing the TB everywhere around Indianapolis. They were fairly scarce here last time around but it seems like everywhere I go they are stacked everywhere. I wonder if the success of Pepsi TB will open the floodgates and maybe we'll start seeing limited runs of sugar RC or Coke?

rv65
08-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm currently on vacation in rural MN, and I can easily find Throwback III, though I've never tried the first one. The 2nd one is ok, but I'm a coke and DP drinker, not a big fan of regular pepsi, but I do enjoy Cherry and Orange crush. I also noticed strawberry and grape Crush, and I bought 2 bottles of throwback, 1 strawberry crush, and 1 bottle of cherry crush.

rv65
08-11-2010, 11:43 PM
The bottles came from plant NK.

oz999
09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah I've noticed the Throwbacks are easy to find now. Difference this time around is the big supply that my store started with keeps getting restocked. Unlike the 1st and 2nd run where you could go a week or more without seeing it at certain places. To keep up the habit I had to go to different store everytime I ran out. I'm trying to reaquaint myself with the Pepsi as for the last month or so I've been on an iced tea kick because my gf has been bugging me about soda, and she's out of town for 2 weeks so I bought 5 12packs. I was going to quit soda for the most part back in January but then the Throwbacks came back and I felt a responsibility to support it, I've probably bought somewhere between 80-100 cases since Throwback I came out. I hope i becomes permanent.

drinkwhat
09-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Now days, it's so easy to find the Pepsi Throwback. They have it in Target and Bj's wholesale. By the way, I'm talking about stores in NYC.

oz999
11-16-2010, 06:27 AM
Just to update, I think I had to get used to Pepsi TB again after not having it for awhile. After maybe a 12 pack or so I got used to it and I like it, not entirely sure whether it's the same as PTB2 or not (very likely) but I sure like it so thats all that matters, and I did not care much for PTB1 even after 3-4 12 packs. As for MDTB3 it's the same as MDTB2 tastes like nothing but chemicals. It makes me hate the new hillbilly design as well because my mind associates it with that nasty taste. And I pushed it to about 4-5 12 packs just to make sure I didn't have to get used to the sweetener again. I loved MDTB1 more than I liked any of the Pepsi versions including Mexican, and it only took 1 12 pack to get me hooked.

So in conclusion the current Pepsi TB is good they should just stick with it.
But bring back the first Mountain Dew, it was vastly superior.

tallflip
11-18-2010, 09:41 PM
out here in Southern California I am finding 20 ounce bottles of both Pepsi and Mt. Dew Throwbacks on sale for 2 for $.99 at the 99 cents only stores.

Dude111
11-23-2010, 03:07 PM
I wish they would get thier head out of each others ass's and bring back THE ORGINAL PEPSI THROWBACK!!!! (Which was delicious)

oz999
12-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Instead of just doing nothing and b*tching to you guys about it, I decided to let Pepsi know how I feel. If you think the original Mountain Dew Throwback was better please let them know so we don't get stuck with the new stuff if it becomes permanent.

Contact them through the form on their site, leave a message on the facebook page, or call (914) 253-2000.

If enough people complain perhaps they will listen.

Themaster73
12-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Instead of just doing nothing and b*tching to you guys about it, I decided to let Pepsi know how I feel. If you think the original Mountain Dew Throwback was better please let them know so we don't get stuck with the new stuff if it becomes permanent.

Contact them through the form on their site, leave a message on the facebook page, or call (914) 253-2000.

If enough people complain perhaps they will listen.

It was because of complaints that Mountain Dew was changed for the second run.

Pepsi Throwback is popular enough that they didn't have to put Citric Acid in the second run (which would have been the same taste as KP Pepsi)

lordmadone
12-17-2010, 12:28 PM
FYI Throwback is now a PERMANENT sku! Well done Pepsi fans! Starting in January FYI.

mjb1124
12-18-2010, 04:07 AM
I wasn't that satisfied with either iteration of MD Throwback. The first one tasted decent but not very Dew-like, and then the second had a rather unpleasant aftertaste. Pepsi Throwback tastes good to me, in spite of the differences in formula (other than the sweetener) from regular Pepsi. I'm glad to see it back permanently.

Themaster73
12-18-2010, 05:04 AM
FYI Throwback is now a PERMANENT sku! Well done Pepsi fans! Starting in January FYI.

Just Pepsi, what about Mountain Dew?

What will happen to Throwback if Pepsi ever went back to 100% sugar? Rename it Citric Acid Free Pepsi to distinguish it from the other sugar formula?

lordmadone
12-18-2010, 12:29 PM
All throwbacks to my knowledge.

jackinbox
12-20-2010, 02:34 PM
FYI Throwback is now a PERMANENT sku! Well done Pepsi fans! Starting in January FYI.I wish this was true but the update on the Pepsi Throwback Facebook page says otherwise.

"Grab Some Pepsi Throwback. 'Cause The Past Won't Last. Alright – because of Popular Demand – Throwback is back! We’re just about ready to ship some fresh Pepsi Throwback for a few weeks! Tell your friends to be on the lookout in local stores!"

In any event, I'm happy to have it back.

Tons O' Fun
12-20-2010, 04:24 PM
It is true I got an email from dew labs today confirming it.

Sent via Mytouch 4g

SodaFan16
12-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Good news, I hope I try some soon.

UncleBob
12-24-2010, 12:30 AM
I was going to buy some on the way out tonight, but forgot - we got some of the new shipment in!
I found 12 pack cans of Pepsi Throwback and 20oz bottles of Mountain Dew Throwback...

and guess what... "Limited Time Only" was missing from both packages!

mcormany
12-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Woohoo! Just found Mountain Dew and Pepsi Throwback at Wal-Mart. Indeed, no "Limited Time Only". Thank you Pepsi.

PepsiBlue
01-01-2011, 01:06 AM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2887/pepsitback.jpg
The right one is the new one, so great!

SodaFan16
01-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Just bought myself a case of Pepsi Throwback, can't wait to try it!!

oz999
01-03-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm starting to wonder if what someone mentioned earlier might be true, the whole different bottler/distributor thing. Although it doesn't make sense at all since it's always been the same one in my area.

Theres a different taste again with the new permanent version, tastes very similar to the first edition, but I'm reserving judgement till the next 12 pack.

There is a however a significant change though that is not based on taste, which can change with mood/sickness/etc. It goes flat very fast now, not quite as fast as regular pepsi. I didn't measure how fast it took at room temp, but it was very quick, much quicker than the fridge. In the fridge it took somewhere between 1 to 2 hours to lose a large amount of carbonation.

The last run I was able to leave it open in the fridge overnight and it was still reasonably carbonated. As well as something like 2 hours at room temp.

I really liked that it kept it's fizz much longer than the regular product but it seems they have changed that for some reason. Or I got a bad batch.
Anybody tried the dew yet?

BottleBoss
01-03-2011, 01:34 PM
I for one am glad they are back. The Pepsi version tastes really good and the Mountain Dew version was good to. Why hasen't Coke stepped up to the plate with something like this?

oz999
01-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Several cans into the new pack, and everybody in my house is saying it tastes different, and is going flat quicker. So it's not just me, anybody else experiencing the same thing?

It tastes pretty simular to the original throwback formula, not as good but not quite bad, just don't like how it's going flat quick.

janstett
01-04-2011, 01:25 PM
I've tried the Dew, only one can so far. I got it because all the Pepsi was gone except for one lone 2 liter bottle. I'm not that big of a Dew fan to begin with, but there was something I liked about TB I Dew but I just didn't stock up on it. I've been disappointed with the taste of TB II, III, and IV in comparison to the first.

The Pepsi I would agree with and I'm more likely to drink it, but I have to get some cans to make up my mind. I agree about it going flat fast, though. The 2 liter bottle sure did.

mofizz
01-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Throwback, both Pepsi and Dew, will become a permanent item in February. Just heard today.

The Truth
01-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Where I live the throwbacks seems to be no big deal. People have been drinking cane sugar RC, Nehi, Cheerwine ans A&W for years. You can even get Red Rock at
Ingles.

oz999
01-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Where I live the throwbacks seems to be no big deal. People have been drinking cane sugar RC, Nehi, Cheerwine ans A&W for years. You can even get Red Rock at
Ingles.

Must be nice...

Someday I will make it over to West Jefferson and I'm gonna have a field day.

SodaFan16
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Throwback, both Pepsi and Dew, will become a permanent item in February. Just heard today.

Good, just tried them both and love them.

Tannerman
01-07-2011, 06:30 PM
I talked to Pepsi corporate communications today. This latest round of Throwbacks (http://www.bevreview.com/2011/01/07/pepsi-dew-throwback-return-in-2011-for-4th-limited-run-perhaps-extended-beyond-8-weeks/) is still officially tagged as an 8-week LTO, however it may be extended (thus the change in packaging to remove "Limited Time Only" (http://www.bevreview.com/2011/01/07/pepsi-dew-throwback-return-in-2011-for-4th-limited-run-perhaps-extended-beyond-8-weeks/)).

Pepsi's official stance (however you interpret it) is that a decision has not been made yet regarding extending beyond the 8 weeks. But I think we all pretty much can figure that out :)

janstett
01-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Regarding the possibility of tasting different, I'll throw in my $.02 now that I've had some cans. I've had TB I, II, III, and now IV, as well as Mexican Pepsi and Passover Pepsi.

Definitely close to the most recent throwbacks but there is a bitter aftertaste bite to it, close to what I experienced with last year's Passover Coke.

At this point I'd have to say if they're not changing the formula (I am convinced between TB I and II they did) it's got to be slight variances by bottler, by ingredient (e.g. cane/beet mix) or by ratio. Just my guess.

Mr Zabe
01-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Definitely close to the most recent throwbacks but there is a bitter aftertaste bite to it, close to what I experienced with last year's Passove Coke. Did mean that there was a bite as in mouth burn or just in taste?

Android
01-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Either I just can't taste Pepsi right anymore, or that the Pepsi TB sold in this region varies, but I never noticed any difference between any of the various incarnations. They all tasted decent but could use more "bite" - probably the lack of citric acid and not enough carbonation. I just shake my head when I hear everyone nitpicking all these version. I don't even thing Wyoming ever had "versions" other than the packaging, they never really dropped the product since it first came out except maybe a short period between I and II.
-Andy

oz999
01-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Regarding the possibility of tasting different, I'll throw in my $.02 now that I've had some cans. I've had TB I, II, III, and now IV, as well as Mexican Pepsi and Passover Pepsi.

Definitely close to the most recent throwbacks but there is a bitter aftertaste bite to it, close to what I experienced with last year's Passover Coke.

At this point I'd have to say if they're not changing the formula (I am convinced between TB I and II they did) it's got to be slight variances by bottler, by ingredient (e.g. cane/beet mix) or by ratio. Just my guess.

Yeah it might be the bottler as the newest run I got came from Wal-Mart which is a couple cities over and handled by a different bottler than my city.

A couple days ago I picked up a couple 12 packs from a Von's local to me, they still had the limited time only on it, and tastes just fine. I left one out for a long time and still not flat, so confirmed they are different but maybe just bottler differences not changes in formula for this run.

Kinda like with Mexican Coke, how theres some variation from bottler to bottler.

I'm thinking of trying the Dew from Wal-Mart and seeing if it tastes like the original considering that the Pepsi from there tastes like the 1st run.

janstett
01-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Did mean that there was a bite as in mouth burn or just in taste?

I'd call it "mouth burn" but it's more of an aftertaste, almost like when you ingest medicine in terms of the sensation on the tongue.

Dude111
01-22-2011, 07:01 AM
It hasnt been as good as it was SINCE THE FIRST RELEASE! (I havent gotton any,its gross compared to the first release in 2009 when they used better ingredients!)

oz999
01-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Just picked up 2 12 packs of Pepsi TB from the same Vons that I got the limited time only stuff from and theres a big difference because I actually had the last can of the old stuff earlier today.

Not sure that it tastes like the Wal-Mart stuff (more TB1-ish), but it is WAY sweeter...almost sickly sweet. Enough were I would definately stop drinking it. Anyone in Southern California pick up a limited time only, and one with the 150 cal label on the front and see if you see any difference too.

I was originally thinking that it was the difference between Pepsi in Indio which I'm sure handles the area Wal-Mart is at and Pepsi in Riverside which handles my area. But from what I recall not too many bottlers are equipped for sugar. So they have it shipped from back east somewhere. Just something I heard awhile back so not sure how accurate it is.

This needs to be researched to figure out whether it is a change in the formula for the permanent edition, or maybe since they are deciding to maybe keep it they changed the facility it was being bottled at to save $$$.
Not sure.

Does anyone know how to read the codes to tell where it was bottled?

btw I checked Mountain Dew and it was the same nasty chemical tasting crap maybe a tad diff but not enough to offset the bad taste.

Themaster73
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Just picked up 2 12 packs of Pepsi TB from the same Vons that I got the limited time only stuff from and theres a big difference because I actually had the last can of the old stuff earlier today.

Not sure that it tastes like the Wal-Mart stuff (more TB1-ish), but it is WAY sweeter...almost sickly sweet. Enough were I would definately stop drinking it. Anyone in Southern California pick up a limited time only, and one with the 150 cal label on the front and see if you see any difference too.

I was originally thinking that it was the difference between Pepsi in Indio which I'm sure handles the area Wal-Mart is at and Pepsi in Riverside which handles my area. But from what I recall not too many bottlers are equipped for sugar. So they have it shipped from back east somewhere. Just something I heard awhile back so not sure how accurate it is.

This needs to be researched to figure out whether it is a change in the formula for the permanent edition, or maybe since they are deciding to maybe keep it they changed the facility it was being bottled at to save $$$.
Not sure.

Does anyone know how to read the codes to tell where it was bottled?

btw I checked Mountain Dew and it was the same nasty chemical tasting crap maybe a tad diff but not enough to offset the bad taste.

I guess you wouldn't like the sweetness of KP Pepsi then?

Themaster73
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah it might be the bottler as the newest run I got came from Wal-Mart which is a couple cities over and handled by a different bottler than my city.

A couple days ago I picked up a couple 12 packs from a Von's local to me, they still had the limited time only on it, and tastes just fine. I left one out for a long time and still not flat, so confirmed they are different but maybe just bottler differences not changes in formula for this run.

Kinda like with Mexican Coke, how theres some variation from bottler to bottler.

I'm thinking of trying the Dew from Wal-Mart and seeing if it tastes like the original considering that the Pepsi from there tastes like the 1st run.

It can't taste like Original Dew, they kept the formula from the 2nd run.

BevLuvr
02-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know anything about Pepsi NEXT? If it's got natural sweetners, including real sugar, I'm all in!!

I heard it tasted somewhat like Pepsi de Mecho.

oz999
02-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I guess you wouldn't like the sweetness of KP Pepsi then?

No idea, never tried it. Had KP Coke but it never really impressed me like mexican coke did, enough so were I actually went to mexico in the middle of all the craziness to pick up some cheaper, won't be doing that again.

As far as the dew yeah they kept the 2nd run formula I know, was just kinda hoping against hope that there was enough differences between bottlers for the dew to not taste nasty.

I have actually gotten used to the current Pepsi TB taste enough to were I unknowingly picked up some of the limited time stuff the other day and was like WTF? after I tasted it.

Either way current PTB is fine, still don't like how it goes flat quick now like reg pepsi but whatever, better than nothing. Still prefer the 12oz glass bottle imports that are everywhere now. Unfortunately price is an issue though at 99c for 12oz mexi-pepsi vs 99c (usually) for 20oz PTB. Favorite will always be 20oz mexi-coke for $1, but it's sporadic.

Funny thing, my local store has PTB, MDTB, Sierra Mist Nat, Sierra Mist Nat Cranberry, and Mexi-Pepsi all in the same fridge. And they cover it almost every day with a giant rolling battery rack, so nobody ever sees it.

UncleBob
03-11-2011, 10:53 AM
It's officially-official.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/187897_128725420520384_5690375_n.jpg

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-11-2011, 12:15 PM
From BeverageDigest's twitter:

"Pepsi Throwback and Mt. Dew Throwback will both become permanent entries"

Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/BeverageDigest/status/46179738703765504)

Mr Zabe
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm sad,I wish Pepsi would have added citric acid to the TB formula.:(
Strong mouth burns are a major part of my soda pop enjoyment.
Oh well.

Themaster73
03-11-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm sad,I wish Pepsi would have added citric acid to the TB formula.:(
Strong mouth burns are a major part of my soda pop enjoyment.
Oh well.

Citric Acid will be back next month, look for the White Cap, KP Pepsi and KPCF Pepsi

Shootmaster_44
03-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Has this been pulled in Canada? I went to the gas station where I had bought it in the past and they now have regular Pepsi in the cooler where Pepsi Throwback was. WalMart also no longer has the 12 can packs. So I'm curious whether or not it has become permanent in the US, but discontinued in Canada?

oz999
03-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Hopefully this means they will add 24 packs. And expand were the 2 liters are available.

Android
03-19-2011, 11:09 AM
I've seen 24-cubes of Pepsi Throwback in Colorado...

SodaFan16
03-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I've never seen a 2 liter of Pepsi Throwback or Mountain Dew Throwback.

ScottyLibido
03-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Throwback is gone in Canada for 6 months, then it will be back supposively

newCOKEcanuck
03-24-2011, 04:39 AM
I was garenteed by my local PBG that Pepsi Throwback will be fully rolled out in 12 packs, 591ml's(20oz)bottles and maybe 2Lbottles in the month of June 2011 till October 2011. This time all stores will carry all sizes of Pepsi Throwback. I was told this last initial rollout was just a test market to gage sales which were a hugely positive and 12 packs sold out weeks earlier than expected. I can still find the odd 20oz bottle left in convienience stores. I was told that there will be another flavour rollout for this summer in Canada but she would not confirm it would be Cherry Pepsi. Cherry Dr.Pepper just got released here in Canada and it is so good, it will be here till at least end of summer PBG confirmed. Pepsi has decided to keep making Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime as sales are still very strong as that flavour was supposed to be limited as a summer 2010 flavor. I think Pepsi Throwback has a strong chance of being a regular production flavor as it shows that if a lot of people buy it and there are strong sales like Pepsi Lime, then they will keep it on the shelf. I drank all of my throwback 12 packs already and i am now in withdrawl but at least our regular Canadian Pepsi is made of minimum 50% sugar rather than all HFCS.

GenesisWildCherry
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I was garenteed by my local PBG that Pepsi Throwback will be fully rolled out in 12 packs, 591ml's(20oz)bottles and maybe 2Lbottles in the month of June 2011 till October 2011. This time all stores will carry all sizes of Pepsi Throwback. I was told this last initial rollout was just a test market to gage sales which were a hugely positive and 12 packs sold out weeks earlier than expected. I can still find the odd 20oz bottle left in convienience stores. I was told that there will be another flavour rollout for this summer in Canada but she would not confirm it would be Cherry Pepsi. Cherry Dr.Pepper just got released here in Canada and it is so good, it will be here till at least end of summer PBG confirmed. Pepsi has decided to keep making Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime as sales are still very strong as that flavour was supposed to be limited as a summer 2010 flavor. I think Pepsi Throwback has a strong chance of being a regular production flavor as it shows that if a lot of people buy it and there are strong sales like Pepsi Lime, then they will keep it on the shelf. I drank all of my throwback 12 packs already and i am now in withdrawl but at least our regular Canadian Pepsi is made of minimum 50% sugar rather than all HFCS.

Ooh, I look forward to this summer with all the exciting drinks coming.

I too can find the bottles in convenience stores. Here it's mostly at Mack's/Couche-Tard. :)

And I hope Pepsi Lime is a permanent stay. I love it so much. <3 And I hope it's Cherry that comes this summer, or if not, Vanilla or Twist.

And for the record, Dr Pepper Cherry is epic awesome.

Themaster73
03-24-2011, 10:59 PM
but at least our regular Canadian Pepsi is made of minimum 50% sugar rather than all HFCS.

US Pepsi is not 100% HFCS, some sugar is in there (after Caramel Color though).

GenesisWildCherry
03-24-2011, 11:39 PM
US Pepsi is not 100% HFCS, some sugar is in there (after Caramel Color though).

I assume that Caramel Color is another bad alternative to sugar...?

Themaster73
03-25-2011, 02:32 AM
I assume that Caramel Color is another bad alternative to sugar...?

Caramel Color is what gives Pepsi its dark coloring, without it, it would be Crystal Pepsi.

US Pepsi: CARBONATED WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CARAMEL COLOR, SUGAR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, CAFFEINE, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVOR

bigrich
03-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Kosher Pepsi should be out next week. It is made with 100% imperial sugar (no beet Sugar). It is much better then Throwback because TB is missing Citric Acid as an ingredient.

GenesisWildCherry
03-26-2011, 02:32 PM
I wonder if Kosher will ever come to Canada too? After all, Canada has its share of Jewish people, and they deserve a Pepsi too. :) If it does I'll be happy to try it. ^_^

But I'm still looking forward to Throwback's return. Seeing it at my Walmart was a very welcome surprise, and I didn't hesitate to take some. Selection is what inspires me to shop, and sadly, in Quebec it's hard to come by. I hardly frequent Zellers and Maxi anymore because they only have a very basic selection: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max. It stops there. Not to mention Coke's pitiful and barely noticeable presence LOL. Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke and Caffeine Free Diet Coke? Puh-LEASE, you can try a little harder, Coke Canada. *rolls eyes* Pepsi kicks your butts here anyway.

BigRich, how much different does Kosher taste than Throwback?

PepsiPete
03-26-2011, 10:01 PM
hey Pacific NW types - any sightings of Throwback?? It's vanished from Olympia/Lacey shelves... dammit.

GenesisWildCherry
03-27-2011, 12:12 AM
hey Pacific NW types - any sightings of Throwback?? It's vanished from Olympia/Lacey shelves... dammit.

It disappeared here too... It was a limited run here...

Are you in Canada?

hitokage
03-27-2011, 03:39 AM
Kosher Pepsi should be out next week.2-liter bottles have already shown up in Frederick, MD.

Could someone tell me what Pepsi decided on as far as continuing production of Heritage Dr. Pepper (in the areas they destribute it of course)? When Throwback Pepsi and Mt. Dew turned-up again, so did Heritage Dr. Pepper, but it seems to have disappeared again.

bigrich
03-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Kosher Pepsi is much more smooth than TB. It reminds me of the last 12 ounce returnables with sugar that were sold by AD Huesing Bottling Works untill they shut down in 2003. I would load the car up completely to where I could not squeeze another 24 bottle case in, and then go back for more with the empties. Those were the good ole days.

Android
03-27-2011, 04:42 PM
2003? Since when? I thought the final run was November 21, 2001, ( except for that special run of "display cases" they did later on. )

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/DavenportCap.jpg

I bought quite a bit of Kosher Pepsi last year and while it was good it wasn't like what I remembered from Davenport. These latest Mexi-Pepsis are the closest that I've had since the I finished off those 11/21/01 bottles.

-Andy

bigrich
03-27-2011, 11:21 PM
My mistake, you are correct. I just checked some bottles I have left dated 9 months out from that date. KP Pepsi could vary from bottler to bottler. My stash last year was from PAS Oshkosh, WI.

bigrich
03-27-2011, 11:26 PM
If I remember correctly the display bottles were Davenport 12 ounces that were shipped to Memphis, MO to be filled. I believe they had to modify the line from 10 to 12 ounce and once they did the special order the line was shut down for good.

Android
03-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I was misremembering myself there! Did you ever go down to Memphis area for their 16s when they still ran them? I did... but they never tasted that great - Davenport's and the 16s that General Bottlers did were always much better.

Anyway, back to KP Pepsi.... I was very surprised to find a local store in Fort Collins, CO carrying Passover Pepsi yesterday!!! Looks like Pepsi/Denver imported them from a different source than last year. Last year it was PY, which was New Jersey. This year it's OG... isn't that like in Indiana?

FYI, since I took photos of the packaging last year, I went and made up a similar image of this year's. Here they are side by side. No "KP" at the end of the production code. And I guess Pepsi went from having natural flavors to just flavor?

.............. 2010 .............. .............. 2011 ..............
http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/2010PepsiPassover2L.jpghttp://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/2011PepsiPassover2L.jpg

Mr Zabe
03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
The "CRC" mark is used to denote the Chicago Rabbinical Council had certified this as kosher.
P 11 = Passover 2011

cRc:Chicago Rabbinical Council (http://www.crcweb.org/)

newCOKEcanuck
03-28-2011, 11:47 PM
To "Themaster73", not all USA Pepsi has some sugar in it, there are many parts of the USA that i have traveled, where i have found Pepsi and Coca-Cola that contain 100% HFCS.

bigrich
03-29-2011, 01:12 AM
I never had Memphis product, but would occasionally get 16 Ounce Lime Rock (Dubuque)Pepsi (they shutdown about a year before Pepsi General) and a few cases from Pepsi General Waterloo.

bigrich
03-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Plant OG is Oshkosh, WI.

janstett
03-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Last year it was PY, which was New Jersey. This year it's OG... isn't that like in Indiana?

I live in NJ and I think I remember reading they shut the Parisppany plant down. :mad:

On topic, I found KP not only at the usual Livingston Shop-Rite (which has a dedicated Kosher section) but also at the Ledgewood Shop-Rite.

EDIT: Just checked mine and it is still PY, so I guess they didn't close it down yet.

Android
03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
I just had a thought, maybe we need to be posting in a KP thread instead of this one about Throwback.
Also, maybe it's time someone started a new thread for bottler codes. The Bevnet search function doesn't seem to come up with any but I seem to remember one or two. Just over a year ago I searched the STS and BEVNET archives for Pepsi codes and copied all I found to a spreadsheet - that's where I got that Indiana info from (I think I got that from an old STS thread where it said OG was Munster IN)

GenesisWildCherry
03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
So, concerning Pepsi Throwback, it's only in June that we get to see it again? Any chance of it being a permanent addition like in the States?

Also, I'd LOVE to see a picture of a 2L bottle of the stuff, just for ****s and giggles. XD

Android
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Took me about a minutes to find such an image online: :)

http://daredevyl283.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/pepsi_throwback_2_liter.jpg

GenesisWildCherry
03-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow... I wish I could get my hands on one of those, Throwback is awesome.

And thanks! :D

Shootmaster_44
03-29-2011, 11:06 PM
I bought the last one at the Shell station near my house. Disappointing to see them discontinue it. I wonder if there was a particular reason they decided to take it off the market in Canada?

GenesisWildCherry
03-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I hear it was a test release, and NewCokeCanuck said it would be back in the summer.

In the meantime I'll continue to frequent Mack's/Couche Tard, which still has them. :)

Shootmaster_44
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
I hear it was a test release, and NewCokeCanuck said it would be back in the summer.

In the meantime I'll continue to frequent Mack's/Couche Tard, which still has them. :)

Not that any are here.

But I am heading to Saskatoon today, so I'm going to try and scour some of the off-brand conveinance stores and pick up a few bottles. I should see if some of the off-brand grocery stores have 12 packs too.

GenesisWildCherry
03-30-2011, 01:04 PM
That's a good idea, I know for sure they had them at the Atlantic Superstore in New Brunswick. :)

newCOKEcanuck
03-30-2011, 11:11 PM
You can find some Pepsi Throwbacks in 591ml bottles can be found at Mac's and Shoppers Drug Mart in good stocks right now.

GenesisWildCherry
04-02-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm planning to get one this weekend, just to satisfy my craving for it until it comes back. :)

However, Pepsi Lime will always be my favourite flavor available in Canada. <3

Android
04-12-2011, 02:18 AM
I've seen 24-cubes of Pepsi Throwback in Colorado...

Okay, I finally got to take a photo of one of those Pepsi Throwback Cube 24packs seen in Colorado:

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/PepsiThrowbackCUBE-S.jpg

fusion
04-12-2011, 02:44 AM
BJ's Wholesale Club here had them for a while fairly recently (they carry 36 pack "supercubes" of Pepsi products). The last time around, they had 18 pack slabs of it.

UncleBob
04-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Guys, I think I've got a problem. Pepsi used to be my go-to drink. If nothing sounded good, I'd always grab a Pepsi and it'd be just fine.

However, today, I stopped at a gas station and - gasp - no Pepsi Throwback... after poking around, I went with a regular Pepsi.

Got out to my car, popped it open, took a swig and... bleh. This is my first Pepsi that I've had in awhile (Two Throwbacks ago, I overloaded on it and haven't looked back since. Between that and my newfound love for Jarritos sodas, I've not had the misfortune of having to drink a regular Pepsi in awhile)... it just wasn't good. In fact, I didn't even finish it.

Perhaps I just got a bad bottle. It seemed sealed and was still fizzy... it just wasn't tasty. Tasted like some bad generic store brand or something. :(

Mr Zabe
04-18-2011, 05:00 AM
Asking the obvious question, LOL: Did you check the sell by date on the bottom of the can?
My guess is that you picked out a "shelf duster" that went bad. Some small Ma and Pa gas stations are stocked by their employee/owners. It's possible that an old can was placed in the cooler. You would be amazed the amount of out of date soda pops in these gas stations.

Heck, when I go the 7-11 convenience store to get a bottle of soda pop, I always check the sell by dates. I HATE stale soda pop. LOL

GenesisWildCherry
04-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Yup, same here. You'd be wise to check the sell by dates.

I always do, regardless of where I buy it. Just a habit I picked up, I guess. But one that's well worth it.

janstett
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Guys, I think I've got a problem. Pepsi used to be my go-to drink. If nothing sounded good, I'd always grab a Pepsi and it'd be just fine.

I completely sympathise. My drink of choice used to be Wild Cherry Pepsi and I was a Pepsi drinker my entire life -- until I discovered the non-HFCS varieties. Now when I have a "regular" Pepsi/WC Pepsi, it tastes like dishwater.

My favorite version of Pepsi now, is KFP Pepsi, which I just stocked up on.

EDIT: I see we're really talking about "skunky" product, I've had a few of those -- once I grabbed a WC Pepsi at a gas station, it was still carbonated and appeared fresh, and the date wasn't expired -- but it tasted like mothballs.

newCOKEcanuck
04-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Pepsi Throwback is still on track to be coming back to Canada in full production form of 591ml's, 12 can packs and 2L's to drop sometime in June2011 through October2011 was confirmed by my rep again today. However 591ml bottles can still be found at Macs, Petro Canada Gas stations and Shoppers Drug Mart stores somehow.

GenesisWildCherry
04-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Mac's is where I get mine. That convenience store rocks.

EDIT: Check your local Mac's! They're liquidating their Pepsi products at 3.39 for 3, or 2.29 for 2. I think they're making room for WC Pepsi.

newCOKEcanuck
05-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Pepsi Throwback is just being released this week in full rollout across Canada starting with 591ml bottles first, as i have been seeing everywhere now and 12 packs will follow soon on the shelf, possibly with 2L bottles might show up this time. They will be in production from now till October, but as with the Pepsi Lime sales being so great, if Pepsi Throwback is like that maybe they will keep making it too. Wild Cherry Pepsi is coming soon too and i hope Pepsi will continue to carry all of these Pepsi Lime/Diet Lime, Throwback and Wild Cherry flavors together and not drop the "Lime" lines.

Shootmaster_44
05-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Pepsi Throwback is just being released this week in full rollout across Canada starting with 591ml bottles first, as i have been seeing everywhere now and 12 packs will follow soon on the shelf, possibly with 2L bottles might show up this time. They will be in production from now till October, but as with the Pepsi Lime sales being so great, if Pepsi Throwback is like that maybe they will keep making it too. Wild Cherry Pepsi is coming soon too and i hope Pepsi will continue to carry all of these Pepsi Lime/Diet Lime, Throwback and Wild Cherry flavors together and not drop the "Lime" lines.

Drat. Here I thought I had found a treasure trove of them at WalMart. I'm not disappointed that they are being rolled out again, but I was planning on going to hoard some today. I guess, there isn't a need to do that.

If Pepsi had to drop any of them, I'd say Pepsi Lime would be the one to drop. I love Throwback and so long as Wild Cherry tastes like I remember it, Lime is the odd man out.

I wonder if Pepsi will rollout other "old" brands in Canada? I loved Crystal Pepsi, but I doubt they will bring that back since it was a dud. Pepsi Blue was a good mix with whiskey, it would be nice if they brought that one back. I believe you can still get Pepsi Blue in India (or at least during major one day cricket events since India wears that shade of blue for uniforms), so it isn't totally a dead brand as far as PepsiCo. International goes. The other thing I would like to see them do is copy Coca-Cola and bring out small glass bottles of Pepsi.

newCOKEcanuck
05-18-2011, 09:46 PM
You can get those little fat Pepsi bottles packaged in 6-packs in Wyoming and Montanna every late fall season as i have bought them before when i was there near their thanksgiving season. I asked a delivery guy while i was in an Exxon and found that out as that was two years ago now but i imagine they still make em every fall season as he said it's a tradition there. When i was in New York City Manhattan in 2003, you can get then at sandwich shops too. No place else though. Bodega shops (convenience stores here) order tall pepsi glass bottles in from mexico on the east coast but they are not fresh. All are very pricey.

PepsiPete
06-06-2011, 11:54 PM
...$5.99.
Hopefully regular stores will follow...

bigrich
06-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Pepsi in many places in the US imports Mexican Pepsi in 355ml one-way glass bottles that is fresh. Coca-Cola does the same thing with Coke, Sprite, & Fanta in 355ml & 500ml glass bottles.

Jeremy Cochrane
06-08-2011, 07:48 AM

So Pepsi says the rollout ends in July for throwback and you say October, considering you also said Cherry Pepsi would be coming out the middle of May and when I called Pepsi noone had heard of this "big news"...I'm guessing you just made up stuff.

Pretty sad when you have to lie on the internet to try to become popular

drpep
06-08-2011, 05:31 PM
He's in Canada, are you?

GenesisWildCherry
06-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Jeremy, selection here in Canada sucks on such a legendary level that getting Pepsi or Coke to bring stuff back is practically impossible, I guess.

Jeremy Cochrane
06-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Jeremy, selection here in Canada sucks on such a legendary level that getting Pepsi or Coke to bring stuff back is practically impossible, I guess.

Yes I fully am aware as I live in Ottawa, the fact of the matter is the flavored drinks do not sell worth a damn up here. I don't like it any better than you do, but them are the facts. Last time Cherry Pepsi was available it lasted all of 4 months before being discontinued.

Back to the topic at hand, the rollout ends in July for Throwback. They tweeted that last week

sublimecitrus
06-10-2011, 02:57 AM
I might be in the minority a bit here, but I don't find that Throwback tastes completely different than regular pepsi.

It's a bit different, but it's just pepsi.

Canada needs Wild Cherry pepsi... why they gave us lime before cherry, I'll never know.

newCOKEcanuck
06-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Alright Jeremy, first of all you should read my replies in full as everthing i have said has come to fruition and i do have contacts through Pepsi. I would like to reply to this statement quote of yours, "So Pepsi says the rollout ends in July for throwback and you say October, considering you also said Cherry Pepsi would be coming out the middle of May and when I called Pepsi noone had heard of this "big news"...I'm guessing you just made up stuff. Pretty sad when you have to lie on the internet to try to become popular"

I am not on here to become popular as this is not high school and your attitude is so poor here and just like it. What Pepsi meant buy "the rollout ends in July for Throwback", is that the Throwback product will be in all stores in Canada by July. It does not mean that the Trowback product will end then otherwise the would say it will end in July. I was right about the rollout of Throwback coming back to shelves in late May to early June when i said this back earlier in the year in March or April, check past threads since you think i am such a fake. The first release was just a test production for Pepsi to see how customers would react to the product and it was a huge much larger success than Pepsi ever thought it would be back in February. I was told months back that Pepsi was going to have a couple cherry flavors come out, one in spring for Dr.Pepper and the summer flavor was Cherry Pepsi. I have also been right on about Pepsi keeping Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime as sales have been positive and as long as sales are good they will be keeping Lime products i was told. To your earlier subjective statement in the above quote about yourself calling Pepsi customer service, Jeremy you cannot just call a Pepsi bottling plant or the Pepsi customer service number and ask them for upcoming product information as that will get you no-where or all of us would have answers and forcasts for new products... genius. They cannot give any information out as you might be working for the competition and so many more reasons as it would affect the company greatly and legally. I should not even be sharing this information as i do know Pepsi repsnbut i don't work for Pepsi. I am giving out information that the company and my rep friends do not know i share this information here and i sometimes think i might get linked to my rep as i do know the companies read these things. The reps and all employees of Pepsi or Coca-Cola are sworn not to release any information due to competition. I have NOT been wrong with anything here and as far as what i said about the release dates, Throwback Pepsi is now being released now in mid May as i have seen it on the shelf in 591ml bottles, in days followed by 12 packs and maybe 2L bottles. Throwback will be here through September-October depending on how strong sales are. Wild Cherry Pepsi will be the summer flavor and should be released still between mid May and mid June. So Jeremy i have not lied or said anything as i surely would like to say more to you but i really do not care as i am not looking to be popular, HAHAHAHAHA!!! You can have that popularity if you like Jeremy as i see you need it so much here. Today is only June 16th which is mid June so maybe Pepsi is a couple days late on that Cherry Pepsi since you are holding me to the exact f' n day here. Sometimes there are delays you jerk. I am also really shocked at all the other members on here for not even saying/replying anything on here as i have been totally upfront and correct on here and not one response to this charactor Jeremy as he has completely dissed me. It's only a completly stupid soda site but i thought it was a fun way to hangout sometimes and share our addictions to sodas, oh well!

GenesisWildCherry
06-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Well dude, I don't mean to criticize or bitch at all, but here's my 2 cents on this,

Pepsi hasn't announced anything about Wild Cherry Pepsi, or even the Slurpees, either on Twitter, Facebook, etc., no one is seeing the product on the shelves (I check often :/). All we're wondering is if you probably heard wrong or something. I know that they're a day late, but still, I imagine that if Pepsi were really going to do a big push of this product, we would have at least heard a "coming soon" ad or something. I love Wild Cherry Pepsi as much as the next deprived Canadian, and I won't lie, I too am getting restless. I asked a family friend to get me some WCP when she goes across the border soon, and I will go as well at the end of July.

HOWEVER! I'm not giving up yet, since as you pointed out, Throwback returned as you predicted, so I have at least a glimmer of hope that you're right about WCP. I'm merely impatient because I'm so tired and fed up of the cheap, half-assed "selection" we get here in Canada, while the rest of the world enjoys cool flavors like Orange Coke, Pepsi Cherry, Pepsi Fire, Vanilla Coke, etc, and in f'ing LITHUANIA they have WCP. :P Us Canadians? Coke and Pepsi laugh at us cuzz we're so content with the minimum.

Now if only we could get 2L Pepsi Lime bottles too, I'll be happy as a pig in sh!t.

kaao
06-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Well dude, I don't mean to criticize or bitch at all, but here's my 2 cents on this,

Pepsi hasn't announced anything about Wild Cherry Pepsi, or even the Slurpees, either on Twitter, Facebook, etc., no one is seeing the product on the shelves (I check often :/). All we're wondering is if you probably heard wrong or something. I know that they're a day late, but still, I imagine that if Pepsi were really going to do a big push of this product, we would have at least heard a "coming soon" ad or something. I love Wild Cherry Pepsi as much as the next deprived Canadian, and I won't lie, I too am getting restless. I asked a family friend to get me some WCP when she goes across the border soon, and I will go as well at the end of July.

HOWEVER! I'm not giving up yet, since as you pointed out, Throwback returned as you predicted, so I have at least a glimmer of hope that you're right about WCP. I'm merely impatient because I'm so tired and fed up of the cheap, half-assed "selection" we get here in Canada, while the rest of the world enjoys cool flavors like Orange Coke, Pepsi Cherry, Pepsi Fire, Vanilla Coke, etc, and in f'ing LITHUANIA they have WCP. :P Us Canadians? Coke and Pepsi laugh at us cuzz we're so content with the minimum.

Now if only we could get 2L Pepsi Lime bottles too, I'll be happy as a pig in sh!t.

I don't know about you but I have been buying small bottles of pepsi wild cherry from a convience store next to my work for 2 weeks now in a small town in ontario.

FilmKrew
06-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Yeah, actually a family-owned coffee shop in my area sells cans of Pepsi Wild Cherry, Vanilla Coke and Cherry Coke. However, they're not officially being distributed in Canada. I asked the owner and she said they buy cases from across the border and brings them back over because there is a demand from it from the local customers. Also, a friend told me about another convenience store (Beckers) in his area doing a similar thing.

So, if you're living near a border, ask your local convenience store or coffee shop to start selling those flavours :)

---------
rft 3 presents | Pop and Soda cans – all you need (http://rft3.wordpress.com/)

sublimecitrus
06-17-2011, 11:02 AM
It'd be nice if Pepsi/Coke saw the demand and actually released those products here.

I can understand their apprehension if the product didn't sell overly well the first time it was ran in Canada, but there are a large number of people who liked the products (Cherry pepsi/coke, vanilla pepsi/coke, etc) and those people will buy like crazy. There's also a newer younger demographic that may buy the products like crazy as well.

I don't know... I just hope that something gets released here sometime.

GenesisWildCherry
06-19-2011, 09:45 PM
It'd be nice if Pepsi/Coke saw the demand and actually released those products here.

I can understand their apprehension if the product didn't sell overly well the first time it was ran in Canada, but there are a large number of people who liked the products (Cherry pepsi/coke, vanilla pepsi/coke, etc) and those people will buy like crazy. There's also a newer younger demographic that may buy the products like crazy as well.

I don't know... I just hope that something gets released here sometime.

I don`t think they actually care about the demand. :( I mean, I imagine that they MUST know about these stores importing it, etc. And it sucks that every time someone requests these products, Pepsi and Coke say the same damn thing: that they have no plans to reintroduce them. Well, Coke Canada screwed themselves out of a customer (me) with their refusal to bring back Cherry Coke, and my faith in Pepsi Canada is dwindling at a fast pace.

ATownAndrew
07-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Going back to the subject of Pepsi Throwback, my dad buys it on a weekly basis. If we had it in 24 pack cubes here in CA, my dad would probably the cubes if they were less per can then the 12 packs. He always has 3-4 12 packs on had in case they run out or it is phased out. He used to buy Mexican real sugar glass bottle Coke by the case at Costco until Pepsi Throwback came back and bought that instead because it was way cheaper. I tried both Mexican Coke (glass bottle) and Pepsi Throwback (can) side by side yesterday and surprisingly I like the Pepsi Throwback better (my mom did too!) though the Pepsi was a bit colder (can chills better than glass) so I will have to do that test again and blindfolded next time.

If Pepsi keeps Throwback they will basically have my dad as a drinker for life. Coke where is your US Retro/Throwback/Heartland real sugar Coke in a can?

PepsiPete
07-06-2011, 10:28 PM
all through my area... and nice'n cheap, too...

ATownAndrew
07-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Its been back since February I think.

PepsiPete
07-06-2011, 11:10 PM
not in my neck o'the woods... it vanished in Feb.; only now back on the shelves...

ATownAndrew
07-06-2011, 11:25 PM
not in my neck o'the woods... it vanished in Feb.; only now back on the shelves...

what is your neck of the woods?

Sea bass
07-30-2011, 01:01 AM
What a treat, bought a couple 12 packs last week in BC, north of Vancouver. Wow! what a great taste! Just down the isle I found Sprite in 237ml glass!