PDA

View Full Version : A new, more accurate site for energy drink reviews

vVincentv
08-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Link: I'M STARTIN' TO FEEL IT!!! (http://imstartintofeelit.wordpress.com/)

If you want information on an energy drink that you've been eager to try but haven't had the courage to waste 2 or 3 dollars on it, read my review on it before you buy it. Many other sites don't properly go over all the important details of the energy drinks they review, so give a lookover at my reviews for a change.

Link: I'M STARTIN' TO FEEL IT!!! (http://imstartintofeelit.wordpress.com/)

fusion
08-21-2009, 01:43 AM
You might want to put up a few more reviews before advertising your site. One isn't gonna cut it, when others who have been posting here have reviewed well over 100 drinks.

vVincentv
08-21-2009, 11:27 AM
i'm going to put one up each day. or, whatever, i'll just put them all up right now then

greg
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
So how long have you been working for NOS????
As a reviewer you left yourself no room for any other drink to come in and have a high score.
You way over did it on NOS giving them 10/10 on EVERYTHING!!! From here on out it will be hard for the reader to make any discernable opinion on his/her own from your reviews because you have promoted NOS to the Holy Grail of Energy Drinks already.

Furthermore, you are not comparing apples to apples. RB has 3 different sizes that you could compare but you only compared the 8.3oz to the 22oz NOS.
Same thing goes for the Rockstar.
You didnt even mention ingredient panels, levels of caffeine, other "stims", vitamins, sugar content, etc in your comparisions.
As an example, you compared the NOS with 343mg of caffeine(per 22oz Bottle) to an 8.3 oz RB with 80mgs of caffeine.
The scale is skewed, In My Opinion. If you took the same 8.3 oz serving size of NOS you could easily compare it to the RB, NOS would equate to ~129 mg of caffeine to RB's 80mg.Then you can make an equal and more valid comparison to the RB.

What you did is similar to saying a 200lb man can lift 250 lbs but a 100lb man can only lift 175lbs so the 200 lb man must be stronger from a total weight moved standpoint but pound for pound the 100lb man is much stronger.

goldielocks17332
08-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow. Looking at this site sure makes me miss taurinerules...

Is it just me or is it kind of impossible to rate the color.. of a drink?
Isnt that kind of subjective to what colors you like and dislike?

And how is NOS's price rating 10/10... 3.50 for a 22.oz bottle.
I can find a 24 oz. bottle of Monster for probably close to 2.89

Taurine rules... please come back.

scum1
08-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Taurine Rules is done. He does not answer his emails at all even. I have not even seen him on theses boards in a while either. The thing about reviewing energy drinks is that you have to take things into consideration. Your mom is probably not looking for a drink with 400 mg of caffeine to have at work. It would make her too jittery. If you are an xtreme type athlete your probably not looking for an all organic free trade drink with low caffeine and healthy antioxidants. If you are a professional at work you are not going to be sipping a sum poosie cat at your desk(no offense Drayton). At hip night clubs no one is walking around drinking a Steaz Organic energy drink and Vodka. There are different drinks with different markets and they have different goals and I think you have to judge them on if they accomplished what they set out to do. I have been accused as being a harsh reviewer because I mostly give B's and C's in my grading. That is average and a little above average. Very few rise to the level of a grade A. I still hope people actually read the review details and not just skip to the grades though. The real info is in the review. So vVincentv I would recommend not coming here talking smack and pimpin your site. You can get some input here. I will tell you one thing. It's work. Most don't last because you have to spend time writing reviews, getting or taking photos, finding drinks. It might be easy for a little while but to make it for the long haul be prepared to put in some effort.

Caffeine King
08-22-2009, 12:32 AM
I will tell you one thing. It's work. Most don't last because you have to spend time writing reviews, getting or taking photos, finding drinks. It might be easy for a little while but to make it for the long haul be prepared to put in some effort.

I agree that reviewing energy drinks is hard work. Keeping reviews fresh is a very difficult job with little reward.

I have been accused as being a harsh reviewer because I mostly give B's and C's in my grading.

I wouldn't consider you a harsh reviewer, actually, I consider you to be a little too generous some times.

the saint
08-22-2009, 01:16 AM
wow there is 5 minutes I will never get back.