PDA

View Full Version : Dr pepper's deal with pepsi really hurts glass bottle crush

710 flash
08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm very dissapointed that Dr Pepper/Snapple's deal with Pepsi has put an end to Cherry Crush,Pineapple Crush,Tropical Punch Crush and Peach Crush in glass bottles..Intrastate Distributing in Detroit bottled 7 flavors of Crush in 16 oz glass bottles..The 16 oz bottles are gone forever..They still can bottle Orange,Grape and Strawberry in 12 oz bottles only..Pepsi is bombarding the country with Plastic and cans..NO GLASS!!!!!!!!!!!The only flavors Pepsi has in this area are Diet Orange,Orange and Grape.

:(That's what big money can do..

CitrusCola
08-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Did this deal stop West Jefferson from producing Orange Crush in glass bottles? They had been producing not only Orange Crush in glass bottles, but also Orange Sunkist and Orange Nehi.

fusion
08-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Although not in glass, Cherry Crush will be coming to the PBG system soon, as per another post from a PBG employee.

With Sunkist being so entrenched in the Pepsi system in parts of NC, I am sure the Cheerwine / Sundrop dists are still carrying longneck crush. While the big Pepsi bottlers who have Crush may not want to fool with glass, the smaller ones might. You never know.

amyers
08-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Although not in glass, Cherry Crush will be coming to the PBG system soon, as per another post from a PBG employee.

With Sunkist being so entrenched in the Pepsi system in parts of NC, I am sure the Cheerwine / Sundrop dists are still carrying longneck crush. While the big Pepsi bottlers who have Crush may not want to fool with glass, the smaller ones might. You never know.

Choice USA around the Charlotte area are only carrying Peach Nehi, RC, Cheerwine and Sundrop longnecks. No crush.

Random Note: I noticed that both Choice USA and Pepsi both carry Seirra Mist. Also Choice carries 7up and I was able to find Wink in some stores. Lots and lots of citrus!

fusion
08-24-2009, 04:46 AM
What package(s) did you find Wink in? When it existed around here, it was a 1 liter, sold with the mixers. But when I travelled through NC a few years ago, I found 2 liters.

There are some areas where Pepsi still has 7up that PepsiCo has went to the 3rd tiers and signed a franchise agreement with them to carry Sierra Mist. I remember it being that way in Central Virginia, when Pepsi down there had 7up, Blue Ridge Beverages had Sierra Mist. Then they switched, and Blue Ridge sold their soda franchises to Dr Pepper of Staunton. It was weird (to me anyway) to see 7up in cubes and 24oz back then. That sure is/was an odd area, with Dr Pepper carrying Mountain Dew and Pepsi carrying Cheerwine, Sundrop, and 7up.

Pepsi Mid-America (Marion IL) has 7up in some of their territories, and Sierra Mist in others. It seems that the 7up is legacy, and they only picked up Mist in areas where someone else already had 7up. Coke Union City TN had 7up at one time, and that franchise went to RC Evansville.

Minges in eastern NC carries Sunkist and A&W, but they have Mist. Pepsi McPherson in Roanoke Rapids, like Admiral Beverages out west are basically DPS bottlers that carry the Pepsi and Dew lines. They even have Snapple in some areas.

mofizz
08-24-2009, 10:25 AM

DPSG kept the 12oz glass bottle rights in our area when we brought on Crush. Something to do with their warehouse distribution system on that. We distribute WJ Cheerwine, Dew and Sun Drop, so it was kind of a bummer.

Ben
08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I know this totally sucks! I drink alot of Tropical Punch Crush because I find it refreshing!