PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine and alcohol, new trend?

Mr Zabe
08-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Caffeinated alcoholic drinks stir up legal concerns (http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-mon-energy-brews-0824aug24,0,6381327.story)

fusion
08-24-2009, 06:03 PM
That battle has been "brewing" for a while, so to speak. Most of the drinks have either been discontinued or reformulated without the energy component.

scum1
08-25-2009, 01:18 AM
I mean really these small companies only sell caffeine loaded drinks so I don't see them caving in as quick as the big boys did. To tell the truth there is probably not a whole lot of caffeine in them anyway. I know there is a boat load of alcohol in them though. I reviewed a Joose Purple Dragon on my site and it had 9.9% alcohol in it. It is a 23 oz can and by the time I finished it I was sluring my words a bit. I drink beer on a regular basis so I am no stranger to alcohol but these drinks some of them have 12% alcohol! That is the real problem. I still see tons of young people(of age) buying sparks all the time even without caffeine in it. I think they buy it because it's sweet and potent. These drinks attract people who want to get drunk cheap and fast. Banning these drink will accomplish nothing. I'll stick to beer and vodka myself. These Alcopops are loaded with massive calories and really most of them taste awful(Tilt and Sparks).