PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull New Products??

Booma69
08-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Bevnet has pictures of a Red Bull energy coffee, energy cola & energy fruit punch. I don't know exactly what country this is or language they are written in. But it sure would make the U.S. energy drink category a lot more interesting if they came with these here. I sure wouldn't mind a different flavor of Red Bull.

View Media | _BEVNET | BevNET.com (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/bevnet/media/6A189CA235AA4606BE153FCEA11C79BD)

acidbrn
09-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I cant offer up any thing as proof but my distributer of red bull in North Dakota told me he's expecting several new flavors within the year.

scum1
09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
And this is what I got in my reply.

"Red Bull has a commitment to innovation,
starting with the creation of the energy drink category in 1987. This
innovative spirit has driven the brand into the number one energy drink
position in the world. With that focus in mind, we do research and test
products, as do many packaged goods brands. We are testing some new
products in Europe, however, no other markets have been announced at this
time."

fusion
09-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Sounds like someone got off their high horse and realized they finally needed to release some new energy drinks (especially after releasing that awful cola).

Ever since Rockstar Cola was dropped, I've been looking for a good alternative. I'd try the Red Bull version, if it came to the US. The other two look interesting as well, coffee and fruit punch are pretty popular flavors as well.

greg
09-17-2009, 10:48 AM
And this is what I got in my reply.

"Red Bull has a commitment to innovation,
starting with the creation of the energy drink category in 1987. This
innovative spirit has driven the brand into the number one energy drink
position in the world. With that focus in mind, we do research and test
products, as do many packaged goods brands. We are testing some new
products in Europe, however, no other markets have been announced at this
time."

That statement is patently false. RB did not create the energy drink category. They just learned to market it better than anyone else.

Sports Nutrition Companies have been selling "energy drinks" in the US since the 70's.
Furthermore,and technically, Coke was marketed as an energy producing product back in its early days.

Coco Rico
09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Actually, they did create the energy drink "category" as we know it in the US. They didn't invent the concept of the energy "drink" - those have existed in Southeast Asia for over 50 years - but the actual "category" absolutely. There was no category. Only New Age beverages.

mjb1124
09-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I find it funny that they're talking about innovation, even though they stubbornly clung to one formula while other companies came out with many better tasting and/or more powerful products. Then they tried mixing a bunch of random incongruous flavors and called it a "natural cola".

If these flavors make it to the US, all it will mean is that they're finally giving in to the competition. And hopefully the energy cola won't just be Simply Cola with energy ingredients.

David
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
The Asian population actually invented the "energy drink" concept as we know it.

I'm not going to post a history lesson.

The Asian formulas are over 3000 years old. The red Bull formula is based upon the Thai formula. RB and the Thai government are partners.

Ron Swedelson
09-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Thai formula from Osoistpa. A Thai Parmacutical company. Original recipie was to help Asian troops fight disintary the trenches durring WWII

greg
09-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Actually, they did create the energy drink "category" as we know it in the US. They didn't invent the concept of the energy "drink" - those have existed in Southeast Asia for over 50 years - but the actual "category" absolutely. There was no category. Only New Age beverages.

I beg to differ. The category was already out there, it just wasnt mainstream. Just because Coke and Pepsi dont recognize a beverage category doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Like I said, Sports Nutrition Distributors have been selling Energy drinks for decades.
Do a little research on American Bodybuilding products and it will show you how long they have been producing "real" renergy drinks.
I know in california that some chains sold Energy drinks in the early 80's as well.

rb_2009
11-13-2009, 06:27 PM
I work for the distributor of Redbull here in Phoenix, AZ and we have been told we are going to get the three new flavors sometime in the spring of 2010 and they only plan to keep the cola in the stores that are actually moving product

deepman
11-20-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm not a big fan of Red Bull energy drinks. If the new flavors taste good, then i will consider Red Bull!

1republic
12-04-2009, 08:10 AM
In honor of our fans, we’re hiding Red Bull Energy Shots all over the USA. All you have to do is find ‘em! Soon we’ll upload clues by zip code and your city scavenger hunt will begin.

Where will they be hidden? All over. You’ll have to look under trees, behind fences and just about everywhere. You’ll always be able to get to them, but without the clue you’ll never see it.

The adventure is for you, our fans. It’s our way of saying thanks for tipping our Facebook page to over one million fans. You give, we give. And once you find a stash, be sure to claim it!

Basically Red Bull is hiding “Stashes” in cities. These “Stashes” are full cases (I believe 12-16) of Red Bull Energy Shots, a new product in the Energy Shot market by Red Bull. You become a fan on facebook, and in about 5 days or so, clues will start to appear.

Kind of like a more basic form of geo-caching.

The “Stashes” will have an access-code on them which you use to confirm your stash find.

But pretty much, I’m passing this on to you guys. I want someone here to find one, someone ‘real’ that I don’t really have a connection to at Xavier University/Cincinnati Ohio, to see if it actually works, and see if people would actually participate in this nation wide viral stunt by Red Bull.

scum1
12-14-2009, 08:59 PM
I was contacted by Red Bull and told they have no plans to release these in the USA. That is their story and they are sticking to it. I'd appreciate if you guys in distribution would let me know when you get a date it is showing up or some actual product. I think they are just playing it close to the vest.