PDA

View Full Version : Diet Beer?

Mr Zabe
08-30-2009, 04:48 AM
Is this a fad or a trend?

Low-calorie beer: New brews rack up sales gains (http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-sun-low-calorie-beer-aug30,0,5815768.story)

RootJack
08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Will there always be fat beer drinking Americans looking for an excuse to drink more beer? :p

I imagine that as long as it tastes like normal beer, it will keep selling. Now their question about Miller Lite going away, that sounds more reasonable.

scum1
09-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Wow. I like beer but with almost half the alcohol I will pass. I enjoy the taste of a wide variety of beers but in the end alcohol does count. I say fail as soon as folk figure out they have to drink twice as many to catch a buzz. It's like when the low fat trend hit and everyone was buying those fat free devils food cookies. They were great but eating an entire box kind of negated the idea of them being low fat.

beefeater24
09-23-2009, 07:13 AM
I think it may well be a trend with the obesity rates as well as ppl who have Diabetes. My dad often drinks sugar free beer. Not a fan - more into the spirits.

scum1
09-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Vodak has 64 calories and no carbs. Just quit drinking beer and switch to gin and soda or vodka martinis.

beefeater24
09-25-2009, 06:28 AM
I agree ... gin and soda for me!

Fixx
10-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Isnt this sort of a response by MillerCoors to how poorly MGD Light had done in the market? They really had nothing to compete with Michelob Ultra and by "creating" MGD 64, they are entering a category to combat Michelob Ultra.
A-B is doing a dangerous thing by entering with Bud Premium 55 because Bud Premium is on a different price tier than Bud or Bud Light. If you notice, MGD 64 is the same price category as MDG and Lite. However, if A-B Premium steps down into that category, they are submarining their "Premium" beer.

Just one man's opinion.....