PDA

View Full Version : Another New Monster flavor?

scum1
08-30-2009, 11:41 AM
DUB in a new "Oil Can style 32 oz" it is supposed to be grape. It is in conjunction with DUB magazine. man they just keep coming out with these. I really need to get my hands on one of these asap.

fusion
08-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Monster Energy DUB Edition in Brandweek*|*DUB Daily (http://www.dubdaily.com/?p=14958)

http://www.dubdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/dub_monster.jpg

The cap is supposed to look like a tire.

David
09-07-2009, 01:10 AM
How many more flavors will the market and door support?

fusion
10-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I see you reviewed it already - I just heard the other day that we got it in. I like grape energy drinks, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

scum1
10-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I hooked up with the folks at Dub and got an early can. It is definately a new flavor though and not like some people thought it might be Mixxd in a new can. It has its own flavor.

fusion
10-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Ah, ok. The official launch wasn't until the 9th, but they must have pushed it up a week and a half. The look of the can is really good when you see it close up in person. And the resealable cap is a nice touch.

Personally, I'm not too crazy about Mixxd. I think it's the weakest of Monster's juice line.

fusion
05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Digging up an old thread. The pallet we received back then was an accident - it wasn't for distribution in our area. So I never got to try it, unfortunately.

The good news is that Dub is going to be put into the 18.6oz resealable can that is currently used for Monster Import for a national launch. Anyone live in an area where A-B distributors carry Monster, and not Coke distributors? If so, you should see a lot of new Monster stuff next week (including the "new" Dub). I'd be very interested in any pictures/product info from anyone in those areas.

scum1
05-12-2010, 10:45 PM
lot of new Monster stuff ? Any hints on what else new?

PINGAS Energy Drink
05-13-2010, 02:03 PM
I just saw tags for a few new Monster drinks at Walmart. There was an Import Lite, and a new Nitrous. I think the Nitrous was something along the lines of "Black Ice" or "Shattered Ice".

fusion
05-13-2010, 06:04 PM
There's your hint.

It's Black Ice, and it's a low-carb nitrous.

lordmadone
05-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I have been seeing the Monster Dub edition cans in C&G stores for months now...A&B(budwieser) distributes it.

fusion
05-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah, A-B distributors have Virginia pretty locked up. I think it has a lot to do with their presence in grocery stores, c-stores, drugstores, walmart, and so on. Up here, about all they deliver to grocery stores is non alcoholic beer.

You're seeing the 32oz Dub, right? They should have it in the 18.6oz can next week (or whenever they sell out of the 32oz, I guess?).

PINGAS Energy Drink
05-18-2010, 07:10 PM
I just went back to the Walmart, and it IS Nitrous Black Ice. I wonder if it tastes like the Monster Black Ice Slurpee? I took some pictures, but they came out a bit worse than I thought. I sharpened them a bit.

On a related note, that same Walmart had Killer-B, which is the first time I've ever seen it in a store!

burntreality
05-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Wasn't Black Ice the flavor of the Monster Slurpee they had at 7-11 not that long ago? That thing was awesome.

fusion
05-27-2010, 05:34 PM
So, they just had the tags, and not the actual products? I wonder why Wal-Mart put them in the set in stores when we aren't even getting them until August. Anyone seen either (or the new 18.6oz Dub) in any A-B or non-CCE areas?

CCE Girlie
05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
We have Monster DUB here in Texas. I also noticed the new Import Light is in the new Wal-Mart sets (kind of weird when you don't have it yet).

scum1
05-27-2010, 10:02 PM
My Local walmart has the tags on the shelf as well. Have not seen the new Dub Cans yet

BhamCokeman
05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
We should be getting into the 3 new ones soon. One is a 16 oz Monster Zero, and then two new Import flavors that have been talked about already.

burntreality
05-28-2010, 10:14 AM
We have Monster DUB here in Texas. I also noticed the new Import Light is in the new Wal-Mart sets (kind of weird when you don't have it yet).

Where abouts in Texas? I live in Tyler TX and cannot find them anywhere.

CCE Girlie
06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Abilene, Austin, Dallas, Corpus.
Dub is not in Walmart but if you have a Stripes (formerly Town & Country) they have Monster Dub.

scum1
06-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Have these new drinks(black ice and import lite) hit the warehouse yet?

burntreality
06-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Abilene, Austin, Dallas, Corpus.
Dub is not in Walmart but if you have a Stripes (formerly Town & Country) they have Monster Dub.

Thank you. I will have to have my buddy who drives to Dallas for work try to snag me one.

CCE Girlie
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Have these new drinks(black ice and import lite) hit the warehouse yet?

No. I haven't seen them. Only Dub.

CCE Girlie
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Thank you. I will have to have my buddy who drives to Dallas for work try to snag me one.

No problem!

David J.
08-29-2010, 03:27 PM
I never saw the Dub edition here in the DMV metro area... I've been living here the past two years since I joined the service and I am disappointed. Tried it when I was back home, and it sure was amazing.

Wish it was sold here.

2StepsAhead
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Where is dub sold? Only way I can find it is on eBay but I see it changed cans on the Monster website to the import style cans which leads me to believe it should still for sale.

freedomtosucceed
09-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I haven't seen the Dub Monsters yet, but I just had a can of the Import Light the other day. Monster also came out with an absolute zero energy drink which has 0 calories as opposed to 10 per serving, but they all taste the same. The only main differences with the import light is that it's a bigger can, has a different type of plastic top to open the can, it is resealable, and it has 25 calories per serving as opposed to ten. I'm in a suburb of Chicago, IL. I hope to see the Dub edition and try it out.

RustyShackleford
11-18-2010, 08:43 PM
I haven't seen the Dub Monsters yet, but I just had a can of the Import Light the other day. Monster also came out with an absolute zero energy drink which has 0 calories as opposed to 10 per serving, but they all taste the same. The only main differences with the import light is that it's a bigger can, has a different type of plastic top to open the can, it is resealable, and it has 25 calories per serving as opposed to ten. I'm in a suburb of Chicago, IL. I hope to see the Dub edition and try it out.

Just got in the new Black Ice Nitrous. Zero Calories, very tasty.

scum1
11-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Man I gotta get my hands on that one asap

Just got in the new Black Ice Nitrous. Zero Calories, very tasty.

fusion
11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
A-B distributors are generally getting the products before CCR, who seems to take a much slower and methodical approach to distribution. A-B guys have had 18.6oz DUB for a while, while for us it's not due out until mid-December, and not in all markets. Black Ice will also be out about the same time.

There will also be some name changes/graphics changes to some Monster products as the older stock depletes, but the formulas of the products will remain the same.

And, a new X-Presso: Midnite. What's odd is that the cans are going to be the color of the current Hammer, and Hammer is going into a lighter colored can. Talk about confusion. The upside is that the can is going from 6.75oz to 9.6oz, for the same price (the can is actually a 12oz slim can, the extra room is needed for expansion during the pasteurization process, and for the "head" when you open it).

It's already out in Finland.

YouTube - Testissä Monster X-Presso Midnite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YelpRcL1fMA&NR=1)

scum1
11-22-2010, 02:33 PM
That means I have to start hitting random stores on a regular basis for the next few months until I find it. Should be very interesting this December for Monster products.

Zephyr4434
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
I think it's pretty interesting how Monster makes drinks like DUB to appeal to people who are into cars. Is that a major part of the reason why people like this new line of drinks?

da man
12-10-2010, 08:35 PM
There is another new Monster drink. It's called M3 and it is only being sold in a 5 oz. glass bottle. I had to use a "Church-Key"-type bottle opener to get into it and the taste is like regular Monster(green-apple taste) and it's "super-concentrated " so you get the same "punch" you would get from a 16 oz. can of Monster. I bought mine at "The Owl's Roost" at the Student Center at Keene(NH) State College for $2.69.

buzzed4life
12-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Black Ice hitting stores here in Dallas. I've attached a picture of the graphics for it. Very good stuff!

scum1
12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Found one on the way to work this am! Review up in an hour or 2.

Black Ice hitting stores here in Dallas. I've attached a picture of the graphics for it. Very good stuff!

RustyShackleford
12-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Here's a little teaser for you monster guys out there....

fusion
12-25-2010, 06:30 AM
There is another new Monster drink. It's called M3 and it is only being sold in a 5 oz. glass bottle. I had to use a "Church-Key"-type bottle opener to get into it and the taste is like regular Monster(green-apple taste) and it's "super-concentrated " so you get the same "punch" you would get from a 16 oz. can of Monster. I bought mine at "The Owl's Roost" at the Student Center at Keene(NH) State College for $2.69.

Didn't know M3 was out already. I had heard about it, but I know Coke isn't planning on releasing it until next year. Obviously A-B distributors are getting this stuff before Coke does, which really makes no sense.

We have Dub and Black Ice in our warehouse, but I haven't seen them in any stores in the area I work in. I know it's not in any large stores I do, because it's not even in any of their systems yet.

Nitrous has slowly been changing over to Extra Strength with Nitrous Technology. Same drinks, same formulas. Some of the Java flavors got an update - Nut Up is now Toffee, Originale (originally Big Black) is now Kona Blend, (and the can looks completely different) and Lo Ball is Vanilla Light. The latter two also got some formula tweaks. Chai Hai and Russian are outta here, along with the Hitman Shots, which are being replaced by Worx Energy (http://www.worxenergy.com/). Should be able to find the Hitman shots for around $1, along with the NOS shots.

The new X-Presso Hammer should be in any day now, good thing, because we've been out of the smaller cans for over a month.

fusion
12-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Oh, and hopefully Rehab is a little easier to swallow than Rockstar Recovery. Also interesting to note that NOS/Fuze had an energy drink called Rehab at one point, boy was that stuff awful. I found it at Big Lots.

RustyShackleford
12-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Didn't know M3 was out already. I had heard about it, but I know Coke isn't planning on releasing it until next year. Obviously A-B distributors are getting this stuff before Coke does, which really makes no sense.

We have Dub and Black Ice in our warehouse, but I haven't seen them in any stores in the area I work in. I know it's not in any large stores I do, because it's not even in any of their systems yet.

Nitrous has slowly been changing over to Extra Strength with Nitrous Technology. Same drinks, same formulas. Some of the Java flavors got an update - Nut Up is now Toffee, Originale (originally Big Black) is now Kona Blend, (and the can looks completely different) and Lo Ball is Vanilla Light. The latter two also got some formula tweaks. Chai Hai and Russian are outta here, along with the Hitman Shots, which are being replaced by Worx Energy (http://www.worxenergy.com/). Should be able to find the Hitman shots for around $1, along with the NOS shots.

The new X-Presso Hammer should be in any day now, good thing, because we've been out of the smaller cans for over a month.

What do u mean replaced by Worx??? Looking at the worx website kinda looks like its own independent company. It will fail just like all the other shots........

RustyShackleford
12-25-2010, 08:35 AM

What do u mean by replaced by Worx???? Looks like it has nothing to do with Hansens but I could be wrong. It will fail just like all the other shots.....other than the big boy

fusion
12-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Look at the UPC code. First six are the same as Monster. Same with Peace Tea.

UPC Database: Item Record (http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/0070847000907)

That's the UPC for Worx. Click on the "List Neighboring Items" link and you'll see what I mean.

joshal1980
12-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Worx, Monster, and Peace Tea are all made by Hanson. CCR Distributes the Worx Shots and Peace Tea here in Wisconsin.

fusion
12-27-2010, 12:19 AM
No, Hanson sings "Mmm...Bop."

Hansen makes Monster.

lol.

boodoo
12-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks alot fusion...now that I've got that damn song stuck in my head!

buzzed4life
12-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Here's a little teaser for you monster guys out there....

Doesn't surprise me that Monster is coming out with a hydrating/rehab drink. From what I understand Rockstar Recovery did exceptionally well in the market this year.... Can't wait to see what Monster brings to the table going into 2011.

BluejacketT
12-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Monster Rehab sounds interesting.

fusion
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Finally found Dub & Black Ice at a Flying J Truck Stop about a week and a half ago, and just the other day at a Sunoco. Haven't tried the Black Ice, but I've had a few Dubs, and I highly recommend it. It's what Mixxd wishes it could be. They should just drop Mixxd entirely and focus on Dub. It even beats NOS Grape, in my opinion.

SodaFan16
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Khaos will always be my favorite Monster flavor.

I'm just exticed to try all of these new energy drinks that are coming out. Good start to the year. :)

scum1
02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
I managed to get Monster Rehab and also a Monster M3. Both turned out to be very good. The M3 is in a green glass bottle. The Rehab is as good as Rockstar recovery lemonade

BluejacketT
12-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I finally tried Monster Rehab. It tasted pretty good.

SodaFan16
12-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Dub is awesome, love the taste and the huge can is nice. The bad thing is that it almost costs four dollars just for one can and it's never on sale.

Black Ice Nitrous is good, especially for a zero calorie energy drink.

Monster Lemonade Rehab was refreshing but I'm a not a huge fan of tea.

fusion
03-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Another new Monster hit the streets today, Ubermonster. 16.9oz glass with a pry cap.

Monster took a revolutionary European process used to make NA beer and built an energy drink around it.

SodaFan16
03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
How does it taste like?

fusion
03-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Not sure, haven't seen it anywhere yet.

fusion
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Correction: Ubermonster is coming out next week. It was delayed a week. Sorry 'bout that.

SodaFan16
03-18-2012, 01:21 AM
It's all good. I just want Monster to come out with more flavors that aren't tea based.

joshal1980
03-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Monster is coming out with an Orangeade Rehab flavor. Have not seen it yet, but should not be a tea based flavor.

SodaFan16
03-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Monster is coming out with an Orangeade Rehab flavor. Have not seen it yet, but should not be a tea based flavor.

Seriously?! Oh my god, that sounds amazing!

SodaFan16
05-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Just found the Orangeade flavor. Apparently it has tea in it.. I hope it tastes good I'm not a big fan of tea.