PDA

View Full Version : Diet Pepsi "The Frog Can"

Mr Zabe
09-02-2009, 11:25 PM
FDA says residue is frog or toad; how did it get in Pepsi can? - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/09/02/frog.pepsi.can/index.html)

FountainCokeAddict
09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Ewwwwwwww!!

popologist
09-03-2009, 02:43 PM
eh. probably a disgruntled employee put it in there for spite...

da987
09-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I heard it was their replacement for the sweetener, maybe it didn't dissolve properly. LOL

the saint
09-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I am guesing that maybe a frog or a toad found its way into the can at the can manufacturers facility or even at the pepsi facility before packaging took place. If you have ever seen a can line running at full speed you would ( or should) know ( or at least think) there is little chance for anything to get into the can other than what is meant to go into the cans. I enjoyed this part

When asked if Pepsi believed it was not responsible for the animal getting into the can, Dahncke said, "We have addressed the facts of the investigation and stated our position. It's not appropriate for us to comment beyond that."

But the DeNegris say they're hopping mad over Pepsi's handling of the matter.

Amy DeNegri said she hasn't heard from Pepsi since the day after the incident occurred, when she spoke with someone over the phone. At first, the woman was apologetic, but DeNegri says her attitude changed after she told her that the FDA was coming to take the can for testing.

"She asked for my pictures, I sent them and never heard back," she said.

Company policy, if there is any fraction of chance of legal action NOONE is to contact the other party, PERIOD. Same as any other company in the US. There are only a select few individuals at company who could contact without jeapordizing any legal recourse. I really don't think that any one wishs to lose their job over this regardless of whether or not Mrs. DeNegris gets mad.

The retired school staffer says she and her husband are seeking legal advice to examine their options.

HMMMM go figure... can't accept the fact that sh*t happens, it "must " be someones fault and worthy of a lawsuit.

"I want to see Pepsi fess up to it and compensate my husband for the negative publicity they have caused," she said. "I'm easy, but they're the ones that are making it hard."

Fess up to what???
Sorry for any inconveinence, there seems to be something in one of the millions of cans we produce on any given week. Here have some coupons for some free cases of product. Whats that?? you are going to call the fda and poison control and explore legal options, well send us your pictures and we will get back with you. (code talk for I need to call the legal dept and let them handle this person. ) I am pretty sure she got the secretary at the front desk on the phone, who would have been doing his/her job correctly by passing it to a superior.

I really like the whole I'm easy" part, that means I'm easy as long as you give me what I want.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-05-2009, 03:46 AM
mmm... canned frogs...

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7123/0409092056.jpg

Jim.
09-11-2009, 01:11 AM
I worked in a factory, and there is no way in a million ****ing years this happened in the factory.