PDA

View Full Version : pepsi 2010..whats to come..

lordmadone
10-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Sierra Mist makeover(what else is new) with an all natural flavor..they wanted to do it in 2009 but I am unsure why they didn't follow through.

Tropicana is also getting another makeover to be a little bit less retro? I saw the new look and its nice and relating.

Sobe glass bottles will be no more..they are going to be plastic bottles..sad day for the loyalists.

Amp juice energy drinks and Amp Gel Shots...yeah don't ask me..*sigh*

A ton of new brisk flavors(mainly in 1lts for now)

Cherry Crush is coming the first period of next year(at least in my market area) as well as pepsi and mountain dew throwback.

*edit* ah yes.. Amp Lightning in sugar free and four pack as well.
More to come...

greg
10-17-2009, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=lordmadone;370934]Tropicana is also getting another makeover to be a little bit less retro? I saw the new look and its nice and relating.
QUOTE]

Its nice and relating.........WTH does that mean???? Relating to what?

fusion
10-17-2009, 10:48 PM
He probably meant relaxing?

I had heard about the Sobe changeover. If they can pull off an interesting shaped bottle, I think they'll be fine. Fuze is doing better than ever since it went plastic.

Haven't heard much from Coke about new products. We already know about the new 7.5oz cans - I wonder how far they consider the DC market to be - since we'll be pulling from Baltimore by then, it is possible that we might get them. But not positive.

I did hear of two new Powerade Zero flavors - Orange and Lemon Lime. Probably the biggest thing will be the expansion of the 2L contour bottle. And Fuze white tea with orange blossom will be changed to white tea with agave and goji. Same UPC. Picture's already on drinkfuze.com, but I am not sure if it is out anywhere yet. We still have the orange blossom stuff.

I am really looking forward to the return of Cherry Crush.

popologist
10-17-2009, 11:30 PM
prediction: pepsi will scrap the "new logo" in 2010 after after diet coke replaces it as the #2 soda in the US.

XLS_04
10-18-2009, 03:31 AM
It doesn't seem like Pepsi is doing anything to their logo. After Tropicana had to re-issue the previous logo they are going to change it again?? Makes no sense...people wanted and it was brought back because of that, why change it!

What does is the new Sierra Mist logo going to look like?

popologist
10-18-2009, 12:33 PM
there seems to be a lack of leadership over at pepsi. or perhaps... the wrong leadership.

mjb1124
10-20-2009, 11:10 AM
My guess is the new look will be much less of a drastic change than the last one. They probably just brought back the old look as a stopgap measure due to the extreme negative reaction to the most recent redesign, and have been working on something that will cause less of an uproar.

At least I hope this is the case...

ScottyLibido
10-20-2009, 09:32 PM
What are the new Brisks?

lordmadone
10-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Nice and relating to what tropicana conjures up image wise. Not the retro themed look like it currently has(talking about the 2lts/12pks btw..not the cold stuff).

Apparently also Dole is going to be replaced by oceanspray in our single serves and two new zero calorie lifewaters are coming out as well.

Popologist please stop..we get your point. Not here to discuss your opinion in this thread on what you think of at Pepsi. Ok?

I know one of the new brisks will be Juicy Peach..they have had it in fountain drinks in some places(was zero calorie and SUPRISINGLY pretty damn good...tasted it at target and saw they had it at a few wawas)...but the sales rally had so much info this is all off memory..a lot more to come if I can get a hold of it. 2010 will be an interesting year nonetheless to see if the soda decline will truly continue or this upbeat outlook on the economy will not just be a thought but a reality and ensure the soft drink companies start making good again...like 2006 good maybe?

fusion
10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Talk I am hearing is that they are expecting the CSD business to be flat, which is a positive seeing the declines of the past few years.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Probably in 2010 the new logo will finally be released in Mexico... what month? I dunno...

Dewman1979
10-31-2009, 09:24 PM
What? No dew Diet Dew Flavors?

Lame.