PDA

View Full Version : MM ReFuel

greg
10-19-2009, 10:25 PM
What is this product? 100mg of caffeine and 5g of protein? I can get that and more from a grand slam breakfast at Denny's.
Thats one cup of coffee and 2 pieces of bacon minus the fat.
I dont get this product and I'm in the sports nutrition industry......Serioulsy, why do I need to pay at least $2.99 per bottle 3x a day to burn 100 calories? I'm better off just taking the stairs 2 filghts up 2x a day to burn 100 calories!!! I just saved $9!!! WOOHOO!
Will the average joe out there get it???? I dont think so....I'd really like to see the science, not to mention the reasoning, behind this product.
And what is up with the bevnet review???? Its all over the place.
From Bevnet Review: " while an aggressive looking design makes the product feel like something that’s designed for the active person"
Are you guys serious? Know the consumer for this product..anyone living an active lifestyle will immediately scoff at the idea of buying an energy shot with 100mg's of caffeine and only 5g's of protein. Its a joke in itself. The 5g's of protein is irrelevant!

Then Bevent criticizes MM for using too small a font on the label.......UHHHH Its a 3oz shot! How large of a font can you get on there and still maintain all the "legaleese" that needs to be on there!!!

scum1
10-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Really I think people will buy it because of the MM name. Face it a lot of consumers are not that savy and don't even read labels. Never underestimate brand loyalty. Of course educated consumers will see it for what it is but your average consumer is fooled all of the time by companies. Just look at serving sizes on products. I have seen energy drinks listed as 2.5 servings so that keeps the calorie count on the back lower. Really though how many people only drink half or less of a carbonated drink? They drink it all and a lot of them don't have a clue as to how many calories they consume since they just see the low calories listed on the back label.

greg
10-21-2009, 08:53 AM
"Really I think people will buy it because of the MM name".
Kind of like how everyone is flocking to the RB Cola and Shot?
"Face it a lot of consumers are not that savy and don't even read labels".
Everything you need to know is on the front of the Label....It clearly states that there is 100mg of caffeine and only 5g of protein in the product right there on the front. You cant miss it.
"Never underestimate brand loyalty."
Brand loyalty does go a long way, when comparing apples to apples. Remember Coke BLAK? Just because it had Coke on the label didnt make it sell.
"Of course educated consumers will see it for what it is but your average consumer is fooled all of the time by companies"
Thats the point....you need to get those consumers first in order for a trend to develop. If the unitiated never sees a fit person drinking one then they are not likely to make the "mirror purchase".
"I have seen energy drinks listed as 2.5 servings so that keeps the calorie count on the back lower. Really though how many people only drink half or less of a carbonated drink? They drink it all and a lot of them don't have a clue as to how many calories they consume since they just see the low calories listed on the back label."
So many angles on this one: Marketing, FDA requirements, Accounting cost/sale analysis per serving size, the list goes on. Furthermore, I relly dont think the guy buying a 32oz Monster is concerned about calories...he is trying to quench his thirst, get a litte energy, and push him self closer to self induced diabetes!

scum1
10-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Alpha-L- polylactate pantented new energy source

any thoughts on this ingredient and its purpose