PDA

View Full Version : carbonated protein drink

scum1
10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
There is one called Protegy energy drink but does anyone know if this is the first carbonated protein drink of any type?

BevNET
10-30-2009, 01:28 PM
We just covered Protegy: Protegy | BevNET.com Product Review + Ordering (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/protegy/)

The first one that we saw was from Kronik...but not sure what happened to that.

scum1
10-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Kronic was not carbonated though and neither was Boo koo. I'm just wondering if protegy is truly the first to make a carbonated protein drink.

greg
10-30-2009, 05:23 PM
What is the purpose of carbonating a protein drink!

jetset
11-02-2009, 12:49 PM
What is the purpose of carbonating a protein drink!

I can't think of any real purpose other than making some connection to the energy drink category - some how tying the two together to help increase sales and awareness. But to me, nothing screams unappetizing like an acidified, carbonated protein drink!!

danco
03-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Actually – FYI… XAPP is the First Carbonated Protein Drink. XAPP first started development nearly 9 years ago in May 2002. David Jenkins, the inventor of Designer Whey as well as the DETOUR Protein Bar and Shawn Sherwood, Head of R&D for Designer Whey figured out how to make the first carbonated protein drink with any protein levels worth talking about. Apparently they have patents on this all over the world.

As for the purpose of creating a carbonated protein drink, the science is amazing.

XAPP tastes great and delivers 25g of protein, a strong steady caffeine kick with only 1g carbs, zero fat, zero lactose in just 100 calories

In fact the light carbonation actually hides any protein aftertaste usually associated with protein drinks. XAPP also uses a new patented liquid whey process which gets rid of those nasty ass floaties.

greg
03-29-2011, 04:42 PM
So the purpose of carbonating a protein drink is because the science is amazing????
The science of fission vs fusion is amazing but that doesnt make it a practical point of discussion.
Other than "hiding" the aftertaste, which other manufactures are very well at under hot fill conditions, what else is the carbonation good for?
I for one do not want to drink a carbonated beverage before a heavy set of squats, deadlifts, or any other workout.