PDA

View Full Version : CNBC Coca Cola New Show

Mr Zabe
11-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Check out CNBC on 11/11/09

Coca-Cola: The Real Story Behind the Real Thing, Global Market, Branding, Beverage, Manufacturing, Distribution, Consumers, Secret Archives - CNBC.com (http://www.cnbc.com/id/33307309)

popologist
11-09-2009, 04:31 PM
thanks for the reminder. i wanted to watch this. cnbc did one of these specials on McDonald's a couple years ago and it was very interesting.

Mr Zabe
11-11-2009, 11:30 PM
The show was ok. The interview with the independent bottler CEO
was awesome. His Pepsi comment "I could not get the Pepsi bottle past my
lips" was very inspiring. LOL I would love to see Wonka Pete's reaction if he could
get a tour of Coca Cola's artifact collection. How mind blowing cool!

I will say it again, the new soda fountain machine rocks!!!!!

drpep
11-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Sunday the 15th at 8:00P.M. the McDonalds show will be repeated followed by the Coca Cola show at 9:00.

popologist
11-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm watching the Coca-Cola show now (only 15 minutes left). I've enjoyed it a lot. It was interesting that just by changing the 2-liter bottle shape, they sold a million more per week in the US alone.

The new vending machine that has 100 flavors looks really cool too.

fusion
11-27-2009, 12:38 AM
There was a similar lift when we switched from the old 3x4 12 packs to fridgepacks. At this point, with sales on the decline, any little thing helps.

Contour 2 liters will be nationwide by Labor Day '10. I assume the independent bottlers are on board for the switch over - in fact, a lot of them have switched already. The east coast will see the changeover first, starting in February, and it will move westward. CCE, CCBCU, and CCBCC have already switched over in the southeast, and CCNNE has northern New England switched over. Philadelphia Coke and Abarta Coke have also switched over already.

It requires a lot of manpower, since the bottle is about half an inch taller than the current bottle, which in turn requires the shelving to be adjusted in a lot of stores. Many times you'll have to reset the entire aisle, so the shelf heights are consistent. There are issues here and there with the total height available due to overhead shelving, the height of the back that supports the shelf, any type of faceboard that may come down in front of the shelving, and so on. While most stores use flat metal shelving, some have angled shelving with built in glides so the 2 liters (ideally) move forward on their own. Some use some type of wooden shelving (thinking ShopRite here) that is thicker than the average shelving. And a lot of Wal-Mart supercenters have warehouse type shelving in their soda aisles.

I know CCE has had their reset teams out for quite a few months now checking and adjusting shelving, so they can get to every account before the switch over, and it also helps fill the down time when they aren't doing normal resets.

fusion
11-27-2009, 12:42 AM
And yeah, the Freestyle is pretty cool, I especially liked when they showed inside so you could see the flavor cartridges. Coke is really behind this machine, they are going to be rolling it out into up to 50 additional markets in 2010, and they are building an addition onto their Atlanta syrup plant to hold the equipment and ingredients necessary to make the cartridges.

Mr Zabe
11-27-2009, 12:46 AM
I bet the store managers are loving these resets.
The older stores tend to have crappy shelving standards.
I once spent the greater part of a day tring to get an 18 foot
4 shelf reset to line up.