PDA

View Full Version : Status on Cherry Crush

Susan
11-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Hello,

I am new here. I found the site a few days ago and have enjoyed reading messages. It seems as though someone said Cherry Crush was going to start popping up sometime late this year but I have yet to see any. And what about Peach? I see it on the official Crush website but I've never seen it on the shelves. I'm so sick of all the same old, same old, same old from all these soda outfits. Orange, Grape, Strawberry. How very creative. I can't fathom that Crush goes national and rolls out the same old flavors seemingly EVERY company does. How about something different for crying out loud? It's so frustrating. :mad: Does anyone know if Cherry or Peach Crush will be available anytime soon?

Susan

mofizz
11-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Cherry Crush launches nationally on December 28, 2009. You may see it out a bit earlier depending on the market. I haven't heard anything about Peach. I think you might be able to get it in Canada. Not really sure about that.

fusion
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Peach and Pineapple have been spotted in Pepsi Americas territory in Missouri.

Susan
11-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Cherry Crush launches nationally on December 28, 2009. You may see it out a bit earlier depending on the market. I haven't heard anything about Peach. I think you might be able to get it in Canada. Not really sure about that.

Praise the Lord! I hope this is true but I have a feeling in California we won't see it. We seem to get the short end of the stick in sodas. Until recently I bought Cherry Crush in the 16 oz. bottles online but the bottles have been discontinued. If I walked into a store and saw Cherry Crush I think I'd faint. But hey, if we don't get Cherry Crush here at least we get those rare birds, Orange, Grape and Strawberry. :rolleyes:

Susan
11-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Peach and Pineapple have been spotted in Pepsi Americas territory in Missouri.

I remember several years back we had Pineapple Crush in Modesto and it was good. We also had Pineapple Slice which was even better. I think we have Fanta Pineapple here and a generic called Stars and Stripes.

Susan
12-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Today was supposed to be the big day for Cherry Crush. I looked around and found nothing. Anyone else have any luck?

PepsiBlue
12-28-2009, 11:54 PM
I saw cherry crush in the acme near me (ne philly)
ttoo bad i was already getting some pepsi and mountain dew throwback, ill get it next time!

fusion
12-29-2009, 05:18 AM
Cherry Crush 12 packs have also been spotted in southern Virginia.

BluejacketT
12-29-2009, 06:12 PM
I saw Cherry Crush at Wal-Mart (Muskogee, OK) today.

drpep
12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Cherry Crush 12 pack cans and 20oz are in Elmira, NY and Sayre, PA. Tastes good.

lordmadone
12-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Available at all Farm Freshs by next week in 12oz can and 20oz bottle..available in 2liter till then..available in all food lions this week in 12oz can..20oz bottle and 2 liter.

Tried it for the first time and I must say...IT IS GREAT! I initially felt like it reminded me of WC pepsi then the aftertaste is what made me love it. Definately reminded me of cheerwine(which I love) but it honestly whiped the floor with cheerwine.

fusion
12-30-2009, 01:03 AM
I found 20oz in eastern Maryland.. still waiting on cans.

It's probably been at least 7-8 years since I've had it. I'm glad they brought it back.

shatteryib
12-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I found some at a gas station just south of Franklin, TN. Bought some and put them on eBay.

fusion
12-30-2009, 12:07 PM
The BevBoard is not free advertising for your eBay auctions.

shatteryib
12-31-2009, 01:04 AM
The BevBoard is not free advertising for your eBay auctions.

Not attempting free advertising. Merely mentioning it. There are many threads about sodas listed on eBay. I don't see the harm of saying I listed them.

mjb1124
12-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Finally found this in both 20 oz. and 2 liters today. Wasn't sure what to expect as I've never had a straight-up cherry soda before, but this stuff is excellent. More Pepper-like than I thought it would be, but smooth and sweet enough to be clearly distinguishable. I guess you could say Cherry DP is like the halfway point between this and regular DP. Really great flavor, and I hope it sticks around.

Susan
12-31-2009, 07:43 PM
I am so frustrated. Everyone seems to be getting Cherry Crush but it's still not here. :mad: I went to several grocery stores today and mini marts and nothing. Unless you count orange, strawberry and grape something, which I do not. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to be patient and hope it works it's way westward, but the pessimist in me says it won't happen.

whotony
01-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Spotted in the Shop n Bag in Aston Pa.
12 packs and 2 liters.
Also saw grape crush, is that new?

Man From Ohio
01-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Spotted in the Shop n Bag in Aston Pa.
12 packs and 2 liters.
Also saw grape crush, is that new?

The grape isn't new, although it's likely new to certain areas, or, in the case of Cincinnati, it's being reintroduced after a long absence.

No sign of the cherry here in Cincinnati yet--would really like to try that one.

fusion
01-02-2010, 08:33 PM
12 packs at Acme here in Delaware.

tony, when they brought Crush out in this area, it was Orange, Diet Orange, Grape and Strawberry. 12 packs, 2 liters, and 20oz. Orange in 24 pack cubes as well.

Oh, and possible good news - I talked to a Canada Dry guy today, he said Cherry RC may come out in this area. Looks like DPS is finally paying attention to RC, with the recent makeover, and expansion of Cherry availability.

jimsmith117
01-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Here in south-central Ky no cherry yet.Guess I'll keep looking.

Misticdude
01-03-2010, 01:57 PM
whotony...Back in 2005 when in DC, i decided to make a "what-the-heck" day trip to the PA border. I stopped at the store in Aston...That's where I first tried Strawberry Crush, and fell in love with it. Now I can't find it at all. I need to go back home, close to Danville, VA and see if they have 12pks of it yet. Just before I left, they started carrying it in 20oz. Too bad that's 200+ miles away and i have almost 185k miles on my car....LOTS of trips in ol Bluestreak, and lotsa soda picked up.

Susan
01-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Wow, this blows my mind that some people have trouble finding Strawberry Crush. You can't go into any store around here without seeing it in 2 liters, 12 packs and 20 oz bottles. Same with grape and orange. But I want Cherry damnit!!!!!:mad:

drpep
01-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I thought Wal-mart had Strawberry Crush in bottles.

wonton
01-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Wow, this blows my mind that some people have trouble finding Strawberry Crush. You can't go into any store around here without seeing it in 2 liters, 12 packs and 20 oz bottles. Same with grape and orange. But I want Cherry damnit!!!!!:mad:

Spotted Cherry Crush today at Target in Pleasant Hill. May want to check out your local Target.

smitty
01-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Was able to pick up a 20-ounce bottle at a convenience store in Tampa, Fla.

Susan
01-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Spotted Cherry Crush today at Target in Pleasant Hill. May want to check out your local Target.

Which Pleasant Hill are you from? (There's more than a few)

Susan
01-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I have a question for you guys spotting Cherry Crush all around the country. Is this only recently that you've been seeing it or have you always had it in your area? The one guy early in this post said it was going national on Dec. 28th. I always thought it was a near extinct drink until recently. I ordered some online before but I was under the impression that once Pepsi took over Crush that Cherry was going to be gone. Thanks for all your responses so far. :p I'm just dying to get my hands on some 12 packs!

BottleBoss
01-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Cherry Crush has shown up all around the Frederick, Maryland area. In 20 oz. bottles ans 12 oz. cans.

lordmadone
01-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I have a question for you guys spotting Cherry Crush all around the country. Is this only recently that you've been seeing it or have you always had it in your area? The one guy early in this post said it was going national on Dec. 28th. I always thought it was a near extinct drink until recently. I ordered some online before but I was under the impression that once Pepsi took over Crush that Cherry was going to be gone. Thanks for all your responses so far. :p I'm just dying to get my hands on some 12 packs!

This is a recent thing for most people. Some indi bottlers probably had it available but in very not easy to get to areas. It went national the 28th. Correct. Just be patient..it will come in time.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
cherry crush in michigan. 20oz first. still no strawberry, which was a good single here for the indies.

hiloz
01-04-2010, 10:11 PM
cherry and pineapple have made it to Hawaii finally, and we are the last to get anything new!!

Susan
01-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Cherry AND Pineapple??? I didn't even know they were still putting pineapple out. Apparently Central California will be the last for Cherry Crush if we even get it at all. It's gotten so bad for me that I was having dreams all night last night about walking into stores and seeing Cherry Crush, only to wake up and find that it was just a big tease. I'm obsessed I tell you!:eek: I hope you're all enjoying your cold Cherry Crushes while I'm sitting over here in misery. :mad:

* sticks quivering bottom lip out and goes to sit in corner by herself*

jstylzz
01-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Just got my first fridge pack of Cherry Crush here in Salt Lake City! It's great!

yeahuno
01-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Here in WV we finally got cherry crush and strawberry crush in 12 ounce cans at Kroger's and Walmart so far. Strawberry is good, but I haven't tried cherry yet. Hopefully they will bring in Peach, Fruit Punch, and Pineapple crush here. I do wish that Coca Cola Co. would bring back Fanta Strawberry and Pineapple back.

fusion
01-06-2010, 11:08 PM
We have Fanta strawberry, and it sells really well. We also have pineapple, but only in 20oz and 2L. I don't know how well it sells.

Susan
01-07-2010, 12:38 AM
From the responses so far it seems the west coast is exempt from Cherry Crush.

fusion
01-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Why not call your local PBG sales center and see if they are getting it?

(209) 557-5100

yeahuno
01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I finally tried the cherry crush today and it is pretty good.

Lastdaysofrain
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Picked up a 12 pack yesterday of Cherry Crush. I haven't seen pineapple for sale here in the Boston area though.

Susan
01-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Today... I consider myself... the luckiest girl on the face of the earth.

Walked into a Save Mart today and bada bing, Cherry Crush has arrived! Picked up eight 12 packs, five 2 liter bottles and numerous 20 oz plastic bottles.

And to my shock we also now have Pineapple. I picked up two 12 packs of that also.

Then I went into a liquor store and found Tahitian Treat AND Cherry RC. I should have went ahead and bought a lottery ticket too at this point.

Now I want PEACH Crush which is my favorite. But tonight I am one happy camper. Looks like the days of buying and paying WAY too much for Cherry Crush online are over. You boys will not hear me complain....... for a while. :D

Susan

Mr Zabe
01-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Today... I consider myself... the luckiest girl on the face of the earth.

Walked into a Save Mart today and bada bing, Cherry Crush has arrived! Picked up eight 12 packs, five 2 liter bottles and numerous 20 oz plastic bottles.

And to my shock we also now have Pineapple. I picked up two 12 packs of that also.

Then I went into a liquor store and found Tahitian Treat AND Cherry RC. I should have went ahead and bought a lottery ticket too at this point.

Now I want PEACH Crush which is my favorite. But tonight I am one happy camper. Looks like the days of buying and paying WAY too much for Cherry Crush online are over. You boys will not hear me complain....... for a while. :D

Susan So nice to see you finally hit the jack-pot. :)

imawalkingcorpse
01-15-2010, 12:47 PM
I finally had this, wasn't too bad.

Hacksaw
01-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Susan:

I'm in San Jose, so thanks for the tip! I was bummed out since Costplus discontinued the Orca beverages, at least for a while.

Wally1912
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I finally saw Cherry Crush at a Shaw's Supermarket just outside Boston. Cherry was in 12-pack cans and 2L bottles alongside Orange, Grape, and Strawberry.

Johnny
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Great news, Wally. I hope it shows up around the city soon.

Man From Ohio
01-27-2010, 09:09 PM
It looks like it's officially arrived in Cincinnati. I saw it in Walgreen's, of all places, and bought a 20 ounce bottle--pretty good stuff.

Mr Zabe
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
By my parts in the north suburbs of Chicago (Mt.Prospect, IL),
Jewel ( Supervalu) now has Cherry Crush. They have fridge packs,
2 Lt's and 20 oz bottles.

I tried a 20oz poured over rinsed ice. Yowza!!!! Boy was it enjoyable.
The cherry flavor was strong but with ice it tasted awesome. The carbonation
was hard hitting just the way I like it. IMO....Cherry Crush just might take off
this summer. I could see it being used as a mixer. Pepsi is doing a great job
"cleaning up" Crush!

fizzbizz
01-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Zabe, it's not really Pepsi that's "cleaning up Crush". Pepsi took it on because dpsg finally made an effort to sell them on it. Since then, dpsg has continued to rollout new flavors.

Mr Zabe
01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
I just had to chime in again. LOL
In all my years of being a Big Three soda freak,
I have never so enjoyed a cherry flavored soda pop as
much as I have enjoyed Cherry Crush. I poured some
over crushed ice. Oh boy, it tasted like bing cherries.
The flavor notes are just wonderful.

Bravo and props to the soda pop G-ds.

lordmadone
02-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Zabe, it's not really Pepsi that's "cleaning up Crush". Pepsi took it on because dpsg finally made an effort to sell them on it. Since then, dpsg has continued to rollout new flavors.

On the contrary. You need the horse to pull the wagon my friend and we were not just the horse but the wheels AND the roof..everything but the contents. Pepsi made Crush a success once again due to our very agressive strategy and putting it above other brands of our own in the process..granted it was a good move for us but don't think that DPSG is the one that made it happen..Pepsi is making the most out of this deal and chomping at DPSGs OWN sunkist market share as well as Fanta's quite nicely.

jacksmom
02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
By my parts in the north suburbs of Chicago (Mt.Prospect, IL),
Jewel ( Supervalu) now has Cherry Crush. They have fridge packs,
2 Lt's and 20 oz bottles.

I tried a 20oz poured over rinsed ice. Yowza!!!! Boy was it enjoyable.
The cherry flavor was strong but with ice it tasted awesome. The carbonation
was hard hitting just the way I like it. IMO....Cherry Crush just might take off
this summer. I could see it being used as a mixer. Pepsi is doing a great job
"cleaning up" Crush!

I couldn't agree more! I love, love, love this drink! I've still been around but lost my password and have been too lazy to reset it until now, mostly because of Cherry Crush! I would liken the flavor to a Cherry Starburst Jelly Bean or a Shirley Temple. This has easily made it on my new favorites list!

doulasc
02-10-2010, 10:11 PM
I was in northern ohio and what do you know,Cherry Crush.I got 5 bottles and it
has a burst of Cherry taste.It is about time a good Cherry soda came on the market.
Move over Cherikee Red here is Cherry Crush.
Cherry Crush has yet to make it to Columbus and central Ohio.

Doug

Misticdude
02-13-2010, 06:42 PM
It was a dark and snowy night. I was scared to drive at 4am to go to work, so I drove at 11pm, and decided to spend the night there. It felt like a total blizzard. It shouldn't snow in Wilmington, NC.
When I got there, I saw the grocery manager and started talking to him. I walked obliviously by what I was looking for. I turned around to go to the office for a slumber when I stopped with a gasp. CHERRY CRUSH!!!! The Pepsi dude must have stocked it after I left earlier that afternoon. It was only in 12-pks, but hey...they're BOGO this week!
I bought one and fell in love. I almost had some while I was working, but since I was too excited to sleep, I had to drink the Vault I smuggled from Greensboro. It was a good night.

CRW
02-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I can't find it anywhere in Columbus, Ohio. I've been looking and looking. Anyone find it here or nearby? Luckily I have a couple of 12 packs from the south but that supply is running out!!

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
02-24-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm finding more and more of it around in 2L and 12 packs. Not the best cherry soda I've ever had but still good!

doulasc
02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Try Morrow county,Mt Gilead and Cardington.

CRW
02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Try Morrow county,Mt Gilead and Cardington.

Thanks for the tip. Will have to check it out.

A Pepsi rep in a local Walmart (23/Polaris) said we'd have it 2/22. I haven't been to that specific Walmart in the past week but no one else around Polaris has it yet. Not even 20 oz.