PDA

View Full Version : PBG-year end or Christmas Bonus

Dizzie1450
11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know if PBG gives employees year end or Christmas bonuses if it has been a profitable year? New to the company (around the 6 month mark) and just curious. Thanks, and happy holidays to all!!

jerr2429
11-19-2009, 05:02 PM
never been with pbg for 7 years out of east hanover nj

the saint
11-19-2009, 06:32 PM
what is a bonus?? I have never heard of such a thing at PBG. Then again I am just about as low on the totem pole as possible.

Seriously though, PBG doesn't give out bonuses to anyone until you start having to wear a suit and tie to work everyday and you have a fancy title behind your name. About the best you can hope for as far as a year end bonus is, do not use any sick days and they MAY or MAY NOT pay you for them in a lump sum at the end of the year.

Just curious, are you still a merchandiser?

lordmadone
11-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Soooo we use to have christmas parties..pretty lavish..then last year I heard company wide because of bad sales they cancelled it and eventually ours..our plant manager said the funds would be used for the party this year even tho EVERYONE was willing to put in 20 each to support a party...and now this year I am hearing the same thing might happen...ugh...

to answer your question..no there is no bonus..well at least on our end. I know some MUs are different then others in terms of how many personal days you get and other things like that...like when we got a few people added to our Virginia MU last year I think it was they upped their personal days by 2 more to make it equivalent to what we have. TSMs(Territory Sales Managers) and up usually get bonuses based on making a set plan I believe..but hell if I know how much that is..I heard it was pretty good.

jerr2429
11-21-2009, 09:42 PM
we work out tales off every year so out tsm's get the bonus. my tsm gets a 2 grand quartly bonus for hitting numbers, or should i say the numbers we have to hit or get it forced on us, my back rooms go from empty to really full in a metter of days.

the saint
11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Soooo we use to have christmas parties..pretty lavish..then last year I heard company wide because of bad sales they cancelled it and eventually ours..our plant manager said the funds would be used for the party this year even tho EVERYONE was willing to put in 20 each to support a party...and now this year I am hearing the same thing might happen...ugh...

to answer your question..no there is no bonus..well at least on our end. I know some MUs are different then others in terms of how many personal days you get and other things like that...like when we got a few people added to our Virginia MU last year I think it was they upped their personal days by 2 more to make it equivalent to what we have. TSMs(Territory Sales Managers) and up usually get bonuses based on making a set plan I believe..but hell if I know how much that is..I heard it was pretty good.

That sucks. We (as of right this minute) still have one for this year, we had one last year as well. I will say that the "lavish" part of them has been gone for a few years now and it is just a decent dinner and probably 2-3 grand worth of gifts handed out with the top prize being in the 2-3 hundred range. their gifts are mostly crap like $25 pbg gift cards but they are better than nothing at all. Then again my facility is one of just a few in the company who has made plan numbers for like 11 quarters in a row, that may be the reason for us still having a Xmas party.
I know they canceled the joint pbg frito employee golf tourney now for the 3rd year (no it doesn't bother me a bit I do not golf enough to pay what they want to hang out with people from work) due to costs but IIRC the entry was something like $75 a head to play. They would cater in some BBQ and have some gifts but the course is about 85 miles one way from my house to play in it. I can play near my house AND go to eat at a BBQ restaurant (that is way better than the catered) plus buy whatever gift I would have won (usually they give out about 250 putters) for less than the cost of the tourney not to mention the tank of gas I would have to buy to get there and back.
The big boss is always complaining about how we keep losing money but everyone's route are making profit plan except the one route where he personally sells the promos to the large tribal store. It is funny my immediate boss ran numbers a couple of months back with everything in the mix and we barely broke even (by like $200) and then again without the tribal store and the facility was something like $94000 ahead. Seems to me like if he wouldn't cut the pricing so much for the one store we would be doing just fine.

Dizzie1450
11-30-2009, 06:47 PM
yes Saint, still merchandising. I have to say the first Thanksgiving as a merch was very very interesting.

Rye
02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
I work as a Sales Rep for PAS in the Greater Cleveland Area. We have a bonus structure set up for us quarterly and annually. Never got a "Christmas bonus" though.