PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine Energy Drinks Or 100% Natural Energy Drinks?

faithfulman
11-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Hello Fellow Energy Drinkers,

I love my energy drinks, but recently I have read a lot of stories in the paper on how harmful energy drinks can be.

I decided to try some 100% natural energy drinks that contain no caffeine etc... and found them to give me longer lasting energy without the crash and burn.

If you had a choice between your choice of energy drink compared to a natural energy drink, which one would you prefer and why?

Just a random question...

greg
11-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Please define what a "natural energy drink" is. Caffeine is actually a natural ingredient found in nature.

With that being said each one of us, depending on genetics and overall health react differently to different compounds. Scientific research has proven that white males, black males and asian males all react differently to certian types of yohimbine.
Moroever, overall health has an effect on the effectiveness of individual compounds found in energy drinks. A lean, healthy, athletic male will most definelty respond better to "natural" compounds than will an over weight, sedentary male with a poor diet. Its all about absorption rates and once absorbed how well the body processes it.
Furthermore, the quality of the active ingredient and its overall molecular structure is a huge determining factor in the effectiveness of any compound.

faithfulman
11-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi Greg,

Im a bit of a newbie when it comes to natural energy drinks, but the drink I am taking at the moment has no caffeine, no artificial flavouring or colouring. I guess you could call it a healthy energy drink. It has far less calories than my old favourite energy drinks such as rockstar, redbull and V so I guess I was asking if people prefer a healthy natural energy drink compared to the other energy drinks on the market.

I must admit though that the taste of healthy natural energy drinks is not as good as most energy drinks but the results of the healthy ones seem to be better (for me at least).

Anyway Greg, thanks for your informative post. Not sure if I answered your question but hopefully I shed some light on what I meant.

fusion
11-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Careful, you're getting close to crossing the line.

faithfulman
11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Careful, you're getting close to crossing the line.
Hi Fusion,

I apologise if Im getting close to crossing "a line", and Im not even sure what line that is? so can you please explain...