PDA

View Full Version : Sunkist Lemonade

Susan
12-02-2009, 12:55 AM
I recently tried this drink and was really impressed. I actually like the Diet version better because it's even more tart but I have given up all diet sodas due to aspartame. Around here we have Sunkist in Orange (big shock), Lemonade and Chery Limeade. I've also tried every other Sunkist flavor via Internet purchases. I really love Peach, Strawberry, Grape, Fruit Punch and Lemonade. Cherry Limeade is decent though I'd much prefer a straight Cherry soda. The only Sunkist I really don't like is orange. I'm obviously not a huge fan of orange soda and I just don't get why it's so popular but if I had to drink one it would be Crush or Fanta. I did however used to love the old Orange Mandarin Slice. Orange Cream sodas are very good, especially Sprechers and Henry Weinhard.

huakjhra
12-04-2009, 09:28 PM
That's great! That's quite a very informative post. Thanks for your share.

drpep
12-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm working on a 12 pack of Sunkist Orange (had a coupon) and I'm not that impressed. I've always like Minute Maid Orange but nowe that's gone.

Susan
12-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh yeah, i remember the MM Orange, it was good. My all time favorite soda by far and away was Minute Maid Fruit Punch Soda. And I stress SODA, not the MM Fruit Punch non carbonated stuff you see at every store.

fusion
12-05-2009, 05:36 PM
I liked the Minute Maid orange when it had the added juice. The grape was better, too. There were supposed to be more flavors, but the only other one that was released was a diet orange, before Coke scrapped the Minute Maid sodas for Fanta.

I think the thing that surprises people the most is how much caffeine that Sunkist Orange has.

Sunkist Orange - 41mg per can
Mountain Dew - 55mg per can
Pepsi - 38mg per can
Coke - 35mg per can

source:
Caffeine Content of Drinks (http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database)

Susan
12-05-2009, 06:05 PM
There was also MM strawberry and also Cherry which I believe was only in fountains. I had it once at Cony Island Hot dogs in Fresno but the mixture was obviously off so I couldn't tell how good it was. I've had the Minute Maid Cherry in slurpee machines and it is heavenly. :)

fusion
12-05-2009, 06:35 PM
There were also a pineapple, black cherry, lemonade and blueberry (I think) Minute Maid flavors, which were all dropped before the switch to the juice versions.

You can still find the cherry in some fountains, and the Zaxby's chicken chain in the southeast has Fanta Cherry in their fountains.

Mr Zabe
12-06-2009, 02:26 AM
The original MM Orange soda pop (12oz cans) was quite good. It was pretty close in taste to
Orange Crush (both HFCS). I never liked Sunkist Lemonade. It had a bitter end note taste which was probably due to caffeine? I have yet to find a carbonated (big 3) lemonade that I like. Canfield's 50\50 is not lemonade but it sure hits the spot.