PDA

View Full Version : Barq's Red Cream Soda - Chicago area

cubs120
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I live in the city of Chicago proper... A few years ago Barq's Red Cream soda could be found in 12 packs at a few stores, particularly Jewel-Osco. It was hit or miss as not all stores carried it. Now, it seems to be gone from Jewel. I still however see Barq's Red Cream on tap at a couple of oddball places such as, Pompeii eateries in Chicago. So, the product can't be completely dead around here I was thinking.

Wanting to find Barq's Red Cream in stores, a call was placed to Coca Cola Chicago sales. The woman searched for me and replied its no where on their distribution lists anymore. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any other thoughts? Perhaps not too far away in Indiana, Wisconsin or something its still available.

Last ditch effort will be ordering online when the weather is not so cold.
Thanks!

redcremesoda
03-09-2010, 07:13 PM
I hear ya, man. I was jazzed about seeing it in Jewel a few years back. Then it disappeared. I've purchased it in Ohio on a trip to Cedar Point a while ago and I hear it's still there if you're ever out that way. I've also found it in 20oz bottles in Knox, IN. Hope that helps.

redcremesoda
05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
OK, so I went to Knox, IN this weekend and at the grocery store in town (forgot the name), I bought the 4 12-packs of Barq's Red Creme Soda they had. Not exactly close to Chicago, took 2 hours to drive there but there you go. I'm sure there must be stores that carry it in Indiana that are a little closer to Illinois.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
05-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Eh, tasted like flat cream soda to me.

helenk579
05-25-2010, 11:24 PM
I live in the city of Chicago proper... A few years ago Barq's Red Cream soda could be found in 12 packs at a few stores, particularly Jewel-Osco. It was hit or miss as not all stores carried it. Now, it seems to be gone from Jewel. I still however see Barq's Red Cream on tap at a couple of oddball places such as, Pompeii eateries in Chicago. So, the product can't be completely dead around here I was thinking.

Wanting to find Barq's Red Cream in stores, a call was placed to Coca Cola Chicago sales. The woman searched for me and replied its no where on their distribution lists anymore. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any other thoughts? Perhaps not too far away in Indiana, Wisconsin or something its still available.

Last ditch effort will be ordering online when the weather is not so cold.
Thanks!

Thanks you for the post.