PDA

View Full Version : Passover Soda 6 pack cans

Themaster73
12-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Anyone know why Kosher for Passover Soda (Coke, Pepsi) only comes in 6 pack cans and not 12 packs?

6 packs (12 oz) don't appear that often as they used to since 12 packs (and greater) started popping up years ago, plus any stores that have the 6 pack 12 oz cans are usually expensive 3.29 and up in NYC.

The 12 packs for Coke would be good, since My Coke Rewards has free 12 pack coupons.

DrPepperYummy
12-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Anyone know why Kosher for Passover Soda (Coke, Pepsi) only comes in 6 pack cans and not 12 packs?

6 packs (12 oz) don't appear that often as they used to since 12 packs (and greater) started popping up years ago, plus any stores that have the 6 pack 12 oz cans are usually expensive 3.29 and up in NYC.

The 12 packs for Coke would be good, since My Coke Rewards has free 12 pack coupons.

Well the way I see it, its a premium package, so they put it in smaller quantities at a higher price to differntiate it from the normal lineup thats year round... they don't want to canibalize the sales from the core too much so they make a smaller package you buy for a specific event or people dirnk quicker since its got this "special" persona about it...

thats why I think all premium versions should be in glass 6packs... to really make it feel premium instead of the usual boring cans/plastic... 3.99 for a 6pack glass makes it feel special! Make it an extra special treat, not a replacement...

Themaster73
12-23-2009, 02:55 AM
Well the way I see it, its a premium package, so they put it in smaller quantities at a higher price to differntiate it from the normal lineup thats year round... they don't want to canibalize the sales from the core too much so they make a smaller package you buy for a specific event or people dirnk quicker since its got this "special" persona about it...

thats why I think all premium versions should be in glass 6packs... to really make it feel premium instead of the usual boring cans/plastic... 3.99 for a 6pack glass makes it feel special! Make it an extra special treat, not a replacement...

6 Pack cans are usually expensive year round even when they have HFCS (so are 12 pack cans, but they are often on sale and are carried in more supermarkets). At least the 6 pack cans are cheaper than Pepsi Natural.

The Passover sodas are not premium though, since they cost the same as regular soda (and in sales count the same as regulars). They also come in everyone's favorite loss leader size, the 2 liter bottle!

Throwback is the opposite in which the cans (12 pack 12 oz) are the better loss leader deal and the bottles (20 oz) are the expensive option.

fusion
12-23-2009, 03:57 AM
I remember one year in the late 90's, CCE tried Kosher Coke, Sprite and Diet Coke in 1L instead of 2L. There was nearly a revolt, because the price was so much higher. I got a lot of grief from people that year. The next year, they went back to 2L.

The UPCs on Kosher Coke products are the same as their regular counterparts. That is why you'll see Kosher stuff in different places stocked right along with the regular stuff after Passover, because they just want to clear it out of the warehouses. Although, when ordering it, you do have to order Kosher under a different product code in the computer than regular.

As for the 6pk/12pk thing, I really couldn't say. 6pks were a big thing back when I worked in New Jersey, I guess people were just used to them. Although.. didn't Chicago Coke make Kosher in 12 packs when they were independent?

Mr Zabe
12-23-2009, 04:13 AM
I have never seen KFP Coke in fridge packs in the Chicago market.