PDA

View Full Version : DrPepper, please buy Snyders... make my stock grow!

DrPepperYummy
12-22-2009, 08:10 PM
So one thing I always get at the store with my DrPepper... my snack... in this case its Snyders Pretzels... and lets face it, the combination of frito and pepsi should be an eye opener to every beverage company... the two combine for almost every seasonal event and it really helps them gain and control market share very well with these combo-programs...

So please someone pass this along to DrPepper... I would like to see them sell the boxed Snyders pretzels along with drpepper on every display in the future... I've given you some advice, if you take it, please send me one 12pack and box every week for life... thank you. :P

No reason they couldn't dismantle some snyders distribution where they already have bottlers, and use their own system to save a ton of money right away after purchasing the company... I know it'd be weird to see the two come in on the same pallet, but if they have the system and the people already, why not exploit the savings and growth potential.

drpep
12-22-2009, 09:19 PM
In 2000 Dr Pepper, along with Snyders of Hanover and Jelly Belly, sponsored the #50 car in NASCAR's Busch Series.

fusion
12-22-2009, 10:05 PM
CCE tried that with Pringles. It was a dismal failure.

Cross merchandising (having both on the same display) between Frito and Pepsi along with shared ads (like at the Super Bowl) are successful, but I don't think putting both on the same truck would work.

There was actually talk at one time, and I don't know if it ever happened, that Pepsi was going to hire people to stock Gatorade, Frito Lay and Pepsi products at Wal-Mart locations.

I think Snyders would be a good fit for a teamup with a beverage company. They have a wide distribution network, and the name is well recognized. They were actually going to merge with Utz snacks, but it was called off due to too much FTC scrutiny.

Man From Ohio
12-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Interesting, but it's hard for me personally to get excited by Synders of Hanover when Synder of Berlin is around. The latter, imho, make the best potato chips you can buy.

fusion
12-23-2009, 03:26 AM
Snyder's of Hanover owns Jay's and Krunchers, neither of which hold a candle to Snyder of Berlin chips. I especially like the Hawaiian sweet onion chips. Their sea salt and malt vinegar and sea salt and cracked pepper are also tasty.

The original Snyders that started the Hanover and Berlin companies are related, interestingly enough, and the Berlin company was originally in Hanover, though they moved to Berlin to be closer to the potato crop.