PDA

View Full Version : How to obtain a formula from a discontinued product..?

JordanNYC
12-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Hello, I am glad I found this message board I hope I can get some help. i;ll get right to it, So in the 80's Snapple made a juice product packaged in 8oz glass bottle called "passion supreme" (not to be confused with the carbonated soda) This was the most amazing beverage I ever had in my life! As the years went on this became harder and harder to find, it was repackaged in 10oz glass bottles. in 1994-95 when quaker oats took over this product was discontinued. For years after anything I saw in the stores with "passion fruit" on it I tried, and was always disapointed. I tried contacting snapple on several occasions with no answers. Me living in New York I even tried to get in touch with the original founder but he is deceased now. I am open to any suggestions on how to obtain this amazing formula. I do have friends with funding interested in doing a start up with me so I really would do something with this drink. once agian thanks for any help!

fusion
12-26-2009, 02:04 AM
Find an old bottle and read the back of the label.

CitrusCola
12-26-2009, 12:34 PM
I doubt very seriously if DPSG would just give away the formula for a product -- even a discontinued one. I suppose if you could find a listing of the ingredients you could try to formulate your own knock-off version of it.

JordanNYC
01-17-2010, 04:22 AM
I doubt very seriously if DPSG would just give away the formula for a product -- even a discontinued one. I suppose if you could find a listing of the ingredients you could try to formulate your own knock-off version of it.

I wonder if they even still have the formula with all the switch around and changing of hands. Anyone got an idea how to find this bottle? is there some snapple archives or some government records kept on all the beverages that are manufactured?

Vivi Bev
01-24-2010, 08:28 PM
You could contact the company regarding licensing the formulation - they've definitely got it somewhere.

But the easiest thing to do, as posted above, is to find the bottle and take it to a flavor house to see how closely they can come to replicating the flavor you remember. I recommend searching on eBay.

Also you might be able to just find a picture of the product with front and back label (or possibly a layflat) somewhere online.