PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi lime/diet pepsi lime is back in canada!

newCOKEcanuck
01-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I went to 7-Eleven last night and saw Pepsi Lime and Diet Pepsi Lime under the new look graphics here in Alberta Canada. I asked the Pepsi guy if Pepsi Vanilla is on the horizon and he said; "just lime for now". It was awesome when i see new products coming back that should never have been cancelled.
I called Pepsi's information line and i asked back in the fall of 2009; that they bring back a good seller here in Alberta which are the Pepsi Lime and Pepsi Vanilla flavors not to mention Pepsi in glass bottles. I do not know if i had any say in this but when i was a kid in 1990 when i phoned Coke and had asked they bring back the new Coke flavor as they pulled it in early 1990. It was a good seller in cans and 2 liter bottles labeled as Coke. Where as Coca-Cola Classic sold right next to it. So i told them there is a market for it here and to please bring it back. The Coca-Cola Information associate said we are going to make a file for you as Coke take's peoples requests and concerns seriously, i thought "yeah right" in my mind. They asked for my address and phone number as they usually do. A week or two later i was contacted by Coca-Cola distribution where i live; they asked if they could meet me as they have some coupons for me. When the rep came over he brought me a couple six packs of some of coke's products, coupons, stickers and Coca-Cola's annual report portfolio. There was a couple of can's of Coke that they still had.
I was appreciative so i wrote a report in school about this which sprouted my teacher to the idea of everyone write a report on what corporate product they like using and see how corporate identity responds to the consumer. So when i was in my local Safeway back in spring 1991 i saw Coke II sitting on the shelf......those great times back in the day. Later in 1992 Coke II was cancelled and has been gone ever since. I do keep calling Coca-Cola to bring that flavor back. Maybe i had some doing in this Pepsi Lime and maybe not. We all should keep contacting Coke and Pepsi, until we see products brought back to market, if your product comes back make sure to thank them for listening or write them an e-mail.
It tastes the same as the last Pepsi Lime they had back in 2006 in Canada. The Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime graphics are great looking smart, i am starting to really like Pepsi's new identity. I will try to upload a couple of pics but i am new today but i have been reading this BevNet web page for a couple of years now, i love this web site. I am a soda freak and my family is worried with my addiction to Pepsi and Coke products, it is a real hobby i think and this site showed them i am not alone. There are some real intense people on the site with their knowledge, i am amazed at the intense interest over soda products. But i say this is our wine appreciation and addition just like others with their wine addictions.

Regards,

D.

XLS_04
01-09-2010, 01:44 AM
I must say that you are lucky that a corporate company took your input so seriously and requested that you actually meet up with their executives, there is a lot of "red tape" with these big companies.

Maybe it is because you are in Canada, but here in the USA plenty of people have contacted Coca-Cola about "Coke II" and Pepsi-Cola about "Crystal Pepsi" to bring these products back, no real action was ever taken though.

Coke II is still sold out in the South Pacific though but I don't see any fresh drinkable cans of it for sale online anymore.

el hombre de los moleculos
01-12-2010, 12:39 PM
That's a good sign if they bring back Pepsi Lime, I hope too Pepsi Vanilla will make its way back. I've been missing that drink awful. Seems like all the brand extensions that were great were around 2003-2005. Pepsi Vanilla, Sprite Remix, Mountain Dew Pitch Black, just to name a few..............those were the days!!

newCOKEcanuck
01-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I agree to bring back those great flavors you mentioned above in your comments. Everyone call your nearest Pepsi or Coke bottlers, you can get their direct phone numbers from Pepsi and Coke in Canada or USA by calling their phone number on the side of the can. Insist that people want it and how much you will buy if they were to bring it back. That is the only way to get the flavor extentions back and keep calling them until you see it on the shelf near you and when you do see it on the shelf take a pic and post it here on this site so some of us can buy it too.

Regards,

D.