PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Crush? How does it compare to Cherikee Red?

doulasc
01-08-2010, 11:23 PM
I know Cherikee Red is a regional soda in Pennsylvania and parts of Ohio,But those who had
both which one is better?

Doug

Susan
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi Doug,

It's been years since I had a Cherikee Red soda but I remember it to be very good. The funny thing about Cherry Crush is that while I find it to be a very good drink, I can honestly say if I was taking a blindfolded taste test and didn't know what it was, I don't think cherry flavor would first come to mind. It smells very cherry but other cherry sodas I have had like Jones, Regent and Minute Maid Cherry from the fountain had a very cherry taste. Jones is the most distinct and is my favorite. It's like drinking carbonated maraschino cherry juice. If I remember right, Cherikee Red had a good Cherry flavor. This reminds me, I still need to make my cherry soda discussion post one of these days. My peach soda discussion has gotten great feed back which makes me happy. Hope you find a Cherry Crush to drink soon. :)

Susan

Susan
01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Can anyone else help Doug out here? It's been too long since I had Cherikee Red to remember how it compares to Cherry Crush.

fusion
01-14-2010, 09:32 PM
I haven't had a Cherikee Red in quite a while myself, but I remember it as a thinner soda, with a cherry bite, while Cherry Crush is a thicker soda, with a smooth cherry taste.

drpep
01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I had a Cherikee Red last night. It was lighter in taste than the Cherry Crush I had last week. That's the best I can offer.

doulasc
01-16-2010, 06:51 PM
There you go Cherry Crush will have a bigger bang of Cherry Flavor than Cherikee Red.
I hope Cherry Crush comes to Columbus Ohio soon.

Doug

fusion
01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
I am honestly surprised you don't have it in Columbus already. Pepsi G&J dropped Twister for Crush before PBG and PAS did.

drpep
01-17-2010, 04:09 PM
I have a plastic bottle of Cherry Crush and a can of Cherikee Red chilling. I wish the Crush was in can but this is all I have. Report to follow.

Susan
01-18-2010, 11:57 PM
I have a plastic bottle of Cherry Crush and a can of Cherikee Red chilling. I wish the Crush was in can but this is all I have. Report to follow.

*anxiously awaiting report* :p

drpep
01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
You'll have to keep waiting, it's gonna be a few more days.:)

Susan
01-20-2010, 08:33 PM
You'll have to keep waiting, it's gonna be a few more days.:)

You're such a tease! ;)

drpep
01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm no taste expert. Cherikee Red is lighter in color than Cherry Crush and slightly less carbonated and not as heavy a cherry taste as Crush. Both are good drinks and both beat out the crappy, watery Wild Cherry private label soda from Tops I had yesterday.