PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Pepsi Vanilla, Pitch Black Mountain Dew and 80's new Coke flavor(new name)

newCOKEcanuck
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I agree to bring back those great flavors back. Everyone call your nearest Pepsi or Coke bottlers, you can get their direct phone numbers from Pepsi and Coke in Canada or USA by calling their phone number on the side of the can. Insist that people want it and how much you will buy if they were to bring it back. That is the only way to get the flavor extentions back and keep calling them until you see it on the shelf near you and when you do see it on the shelf take a pic and post it here on this site so some of us can buy it too.

Regards,

D.

Susan
01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I would like to see the Pitch Black return. I'm normally not the biggest grape soda fan but that one was really good. Even the Pitch Black 2 which was even more tart. I wasn't big on Pepsi Vanilla. As far as the "New" Coke from the 80s, I can barely remember it. I know most people didn't like it and demanded the old formula back. I used to like the old Coke but when they brought it back as Coca Cola Classic it didn't taste the same to me and over the years it became my worst overall soft drink. To this day I liken it to Ipecac Syrup with the end result being the same. :eek: So yes, I'd rather have the New 80s Coke instead but let's be honest they took that dog out back put it out of it's misery a long time ago and it aint coming back.

skylark68
01-15-2010, 08:34 AM
I think New Coke was pretty good, I remember it pretty well when I was a kid. I do remember old Coke being better before Classic. I was always more into Pepsi and R/C though growing up. I think most of the negative attitude toward new Coke was the fact that the company was trying to replace its tried and true formula with something else. If they had brought out new Coke as just a different flavor and didn't try to replace the original it probably would have gone over much better. It may still have disappeared, but it wouldn't have been the large commercial flop that it was. Saying that, I actually preferred it to old Coke at the time, I was probably one of the very few that did though. :D

popologist
01-15-2010, 06:19 PM
New Coke is still around. It's called Diet Coke. Same formula, just different sweeteners. ;)

Mr Zabe
01-15-2010, 07:17 PM
New Coke is still around. It's called Diet Coke. Same formula, just different sweeteners. ;) The truth shall set you free. LMAO

Android
01-15-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm surprised no one has called out for Crystal Pepsi yet. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/images/smiles/icon_twisted.gif

(actually, I'd buy it if it was available again, I liked it (and understood that it was more in the lemon/lime category than cola)

fusion
01-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree to bring back those great flavors back. Everyone call your nearest Pepsi or Coke bottlers, you can get their direct phone numbers from Pepsi and Coke in Canada or USA by calling their phone number on the side of the can.

Calling the number to get your local bottler? Why not call 411 or use the Internet? You don't want to bother calling your local bottler anyway, you need to call The Coca-Cola Company or PepsiCo. They make the decisions on what concentrate will be produced (since they produce it), and what flavors they will offer to the bottlers.

Pepsi Vanilla is easy. Take a can of Pepsi, add some vanilla syrup. Many supermarkets and coffee shops sell Torani and/or DaVinci syrups.

wild2004fan
01-18-2010, 04:05 PM
anyone remember OK from coke. That was pretty good also. But was out in the mid 90's in the midwest, nationally I'm not sure.

Themaster73
01-19-2010, 01:46 AM
New Coke is still around. It's called Diet Coke. Same formula, just different sweeteners. ;)

Diet Coke has Citric Acid New Coke/Coke II didn't

Coke II seemed to have the same ingredient list as regular Coca Cola (with a different balance of certain ingredients)

Android
01-19-2010, 12:46 PM
I've read that New Coke had a lot less vanilla in it, which would have saved Coke quite a bit of money.

mozartpc27
12-29-2010, 11:54 AM
My undersanding is that New Coke was indeed based on the Diet Coke formula. The Snopes.com article on New Coke conspiracy theories says this as well.

The one thing I would wonder is if "Citric acid" might not be included in both Coke Classic and New Coke under the umbrella term, "Natural flavors," which is a listed "ingredient" of both Coca-Cola Classic and "New Coke."

I would love to see New Coke/Coke II back though. I am probably its biggest fan; I am quite certain I own the world's only extant Coke II 12-pack box (box only, no soda - soda was drunk years ago by me).

UncleBob
12-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Josta. </threadend>

BottleBoss
01-07-2011, 07:17 AM
While were at it why not bring back 7 Up Gold or that 7 Upside down stuff they had a few years ago.

cokeman19
01-09-2011, 09:35 AM
do they have the new coke (coke 2) formula locked away in a vault somewhere. maybe they burned the recipe in the 80's!

JasonCH18
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm one of those super rare Pepsi Lime lovers...I got excited when I saw the Diet Pepsi Lime come out a couple years ago hoping the regular would as well...but I was severely let down.

BryanG
01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
My Dad used to buy Coke 10 cases at a time to keep at work, and would bring home plenty whenever we were running low. Always had a can by my side. When New Coke came out, I was an instant fan, and thought it made the original formula taste awful in comparison. I never noticed the citrus notes in the original until then. My Dad hated the new stuff, though, and instantly switched to Pepsi. (I have an idea their sales team worked overtime to convert customers like him) As a result, Coca-Cola probably lost out on a couple semi-trailer loads of business over the years, just from what my Dad would drink!

I prefer diet colas but would take a New Coke over a Coke or Pepsi these days.

Acheron
01-15-2011, 07:16 AM
I want Pepsi Blue to make a return, but I bet I'm in the minority on that one.

newCOKEcanuck
01-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I would want Pepsi Blue, Vanilla Pepsi, Original Vanilla Coke(not the one they have on the shelves today), Pepsi Vanilla, New Coke(Coke II), Pepsi Edge, and bring them all to Canada!!!!