PDA

View Full Version : Cherry RC Cola

tpez
01-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I finally found Cherry RC Cola in Michigan! So far I have only found it at one location on the Michigan/Indiana border in Branch County. Any idea when this will be more widespread? Also does anybody know who distributes RC Cola in Branch County?

Android
01-22-2010, 07:56 PM
You might want to use the existing topic.

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/product-location/32680-rc-cherry-cola-where-can-i-get.html

If anything though, I would not expect Cherry RC to grow. It's been shrinking in availability for years.

fusion
01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Actually, it does appear to be growing in availability. It's been spotted in Ohio, and I was told it might appear in the mid-atlantic at some point (from Honickman Canada Dry).

tpez
01-22-2010, 11:11 PM
The Cherry RC Cola I found in Michigan had the new RC Cola logo. That gave me hope that it might be spreading into the area.

FountainCokeAddict
01-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I grew up on RC and i've never seen cherry RC...and I live in the south..what gives?

Android
01-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I remember it in Northern Colorado in the mid 1980s, I liked it then. Then it disappeared for many years but it resurfaced about 5 years ago in the N. Colorado/S. Wyoming area. But it didn't last, it's gone again. :(

fusion
01-24-2010, 06:52 AM
I grew up on RC and i've never seen cherry RC...and I live in the south..what gives?

Because in areas where the Cheerwine distributor carries RC, they don't carry Cherry RC. I assume this is part of the contract with Cheerwine.

CitrusCola
01-24-2010, 09:05 AM
The Cheerwine distributors are very protective of their product. They refuse to carry any DPS products that have cherry flavor -- Cherry RC, Diet Rite Cherry Cola, Sunkist Cherry Limade, Cherry 7-Up, etc.

DrPepperYummy
01-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Its started popping up in southeast Wisconsin now... spreading out from there...

iowacity
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
We have it in 12-packs here in Iowa.

Wally1912
08-14-2011, 02:15 PM
On my way back to New England from vacation, I stopped at a Wal-Mart in the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania to stock up on Bethlehem Sucrose Coca-Cola. To my surprise, there was plenty of Cherry RC 12-packs for $3. I picked up some since I hadn't seen the stuff in years.

The production code on the cans is:

H1213CB1F
It looks like the ingredients have changed. No more real cherry juice.

Current ingredients:

Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, caramel color, phosphoric acid, caffeine, natural flavors, acacia gum.
Old ingredients from a few years back:

Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, caramel color, phosphoric acid, caffeine, natural flavors, gum acacia, concentrated cherry juice, citric acid. Contains less than 1% juice.

Mr Zabe
08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Your RC is close to 4 months old. I have not had the old Cherry RC in ages.
I brought a fridge pack of RC the other day. The product description in the
Chicago Peapod listings stated that RC was made with the "HFCS and or sugar" formula.
I brought a fridge pack and ended up geting a 4 month old fridge pack of
the old HFCS formula RC. I am enjoy it non the less.

Has anyone seen DPSC soda pop with he "HFCS and or sugar" sweetener formula?

SodaFan16
08-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I see Cherry RC all the time at Jewel.

DrPepperIsGood
08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Just wanted to correct the date mention, its actually not 4 months old... its a couple weeks old... H1213CB1F... H1 is the month/year is was produced... A = January B = February etc etc (I believe its 'I' and another letter that gets skipped) the 1 refers to 2011 the last digit of the year... 213 refers to the day of the year... 213th day of the year is August 1st... the CB1f refers to plant codes and such....

for those not sure they use production dates, not expiration dates on packaging... its the one thing I wish they would change... They say having the letter first helps people rotate stock and not alarm customers who think something that will expire in a couple weeks is somehow bad product, I think all it does is confuse customers who just want to know and lazy merchandisers who don't rotate.

-Matthew

Your RC is close to 4 months old. I have not had the old Cherry RC in ages.
I brought a fridge pack of RC the other day. The product description in the
Chicago Peapod listings stated that RC was made with the "HFCS and or sugar" formula.
I brought a fridge pack and ended up geting a 4 month old fridge pack of
the old HFCS formula RC. I am enjoy it non the less.

Has anyone seen DPSC soda pop with he "HFCS and or sugar" sweetener formula?

fusion
08-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Hey, I resemble that remark. But it's not just lazy merchandisers. It's poor rotation at distribution centers and hubs as well. Sometimes we'll get fresh dates, and the next delivery we'll get something that's a few weeks behind that one.

Lehigh Valley is Davis Beverage of Allentown. They have a bottle line, but not a can line. ABARTA Coke used to copack their cans, but I don't think they do anymore. CB = Columbus OH.

fusion
08-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Oh, and to Mr. Zabe's point - nobody should be using and/or anymore on their cans, labels, or boxes. But the website could just be using outdated information.

I think the sugar industry fought (and won) to have the and/or taken off.

DrPepperIsGood
08-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey, I resemble that remark. But it's not just lazy merchandisers. It's poor rotation at distribution centers and hubs as well. Sometimes we'll get fresh dates, and the next delivery we'll get something that's a few weeks behind that one.

Amen to that, its always ironic when they hammer the merchandisers in the store for rotation, and then during like say a promotional package on-wrap graphic, they start sending in plain wrap, then a week later the promo package comes in again and you check the dates thinking well they just found a couple boxes at the plant and decided to use them up, and realize the dates are from a month ago... but there are a lot of guys who only rotate when they see graphics change. ;)

does everyone have RC 12packs at their walmart for 2.98 was just curious.