PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Recovery and Rockstar Cola

acidbrn
01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
The rockstar website now list two new drink "recovery" and "cola".

Rockstar Energy Drink: Products > Recovery (http://www.rockstar69.com/product.php?pdt=13)

ROCKSTAR RECOVERY is designed for those who need a strong energy boost when it counts - plus maximum recovery and hydration. B-Vitamins, caffeine, electrolytes, and ROCKSTAR's potent herbal blend are formulated to deliver that extra kick. Fully refreshing lemonade flavor made with real lemon juice, RECOVERY is a smooth, powerful and easy drink.

lordmadone
01-24-2010, 04:30 PM
supposed to be out in march maybe late february.

Red Sox fan
01-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Cola + REcovery + NEW ROCKSTAR ENERGY GUM launch nationally today.

jenks
01-26-2010, 01:22 PM
its on the shelves in the milwaukee market

BhamCokeman
01-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Can anyone honestly get excited about this? Is it really doing anything for you Pepsi guys? Buffalo Rock guys around here dogs it just like we did when we had it. It's over for Rockstar. Their time has come and gone.

fusion
01-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Canada Dry has it in our area, the indie Pepsi distributor declined to take it on. Seems like they're barely pushing it. Hopefully they will carry the cola, though. I am looking forward to its' return, and use of sucrose instead of hfcs.

scum1
01-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Those black tops make the drinks really stand out. Overall some of the best cans I have seen in sometime.

fusion
02-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Success! Found both in Eastern MD from Canada Dry, at a Sunoco. The cola is excellent - almost just like a sucrose Coke. I haven't tried the recovery yet.

And I agree, the packaging is excellent.

RootJack
02-02-2010, 09:40 AM
It's weird. Rockstar is one of the few energy drink brands that I have never tried. It's like some kind of mental block. Every time I think about trying one I think about that goofy looking can in my hand, and I just can't do it. I know it seems silly to be stopped by the packaging, but sadly that is where I am.

So, if I was thinking about jumping this mental hurdle and fighting my demons by actually trying a Rockstar, which one would be THE one to try? Cola? Mango?

That way I can go in the dark of night, quickly grab THE one off the shelf, and slip into a dark corner where no one can see me and that can, and try it. :cool:

fusion
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
The cola doesn't even taste like an energy drink. It's a smooth sucrose cola taste.

Regular Rockstar will give you the taste of their energy base, but not much else. Punched is good, it's a fruit punch taste. Zero carb has a berry taste, and more caffeine than the others.

fusion
02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh, I tried the recovery today. I wasn't too crazy about it, I'm not sure if it was the bitterness of the lemon juice or the sucralose/ace-k.

scum1
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Grab the cola first. It is pretty good. Don't expect a huge boost but the flavor is nice if you like pepsi. My fav Rockstar is the Zero Carb which is super liquid sweet tarts berry flavor and provides a good boost. You won't have to hide when drinking the Cola though because it looks so damn good

It's weird. Rockstar is one of the few energy drink brands that I have never tried. It's like some kind of mental block. Every time I think about trying one I think about that goofy looking can in my hand, and I just can't do it. I know it seems silly to be stopped by the packaging, but sadly that is where I am.

So, if I was thinking about jumping this mental hurdle and fighting my demons by actually trying a Rockstar, which one would be THE one to try? Cola? Mango?

That way I can go in the dark of night, quickly grab THE one off the shelf, and slip into a dark corner where no one can see me and that can, and try it. :cool:

RootJack
02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Cola and Zero Carb sound interesting. I'll have to bite the bullet.

Jim.
02-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm drinking Recovery right now. It's really good. Just like drinking a country time lemonade. No word on how it's going to effect me energy wise or if I will indeed party like a Rockstar tonight.

Android
02-03-2010, 10:54 PM
I've been looking for the Cola around here, so far haven't found any.

RootJack
02-04-2010, 03:53 PM
I finally found the cola, and I have to say that it is the best looking Rockstar can ever. I even walked out of the 7-11 in broad daylight, can in hand.
http://www.knightsofcyberspace.com/images/rockstarcola.jpg
It pretty much tastes like a cola. About halfway through there was a hint of bitterness, but if you like regular cola taste and want a boost, this isn't bad.

lordmadone
02-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Damn I wanna try both..my favorite ED of all time still stands as Rockstar Punched ..always been a fruit punch fan..and this is great and gives me a good energy boost always.

JasonCH18
02-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Can anyone honestly get excited about this? Is it really doing anything for you Pepsi guys? Buffalo Rock guys around here dogs it just like we did when we had it. It's over for Rockstar. Their time has come and gone.

Over here in the Cincinnati market, Rockstar is a big seller. It was when Coke had it and since we have gotten it, it has blown up. I don't know about up there about how much Coke was pushing it but they didn't really push it down here. Since we took it over, we have pushed it hard and it has paid off.

Android
02-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Finally saw these locally (at Kroger's convenience store chain Loaf 'N Jug) a couple of days ago. Bought one of the Cola - thought it was pretty good, better than the old Rockstar Cola I remember from a few years ago.

-Andy

SodaFan16
08-26-2010, 05:23 PM
I have both of them and I tried the Recovery one so far, not bad. I'm not a big lemonade fan but I liked it.

I'm going to try the Cola one next week. I love anything Cola so I think I'll like it.

BluejacketT
12-10-2010, 12:08 PM
I tried the Rockstar Energy Cola last night & the aftertaste tasted like cough syrup.

SodaFan16
12-11-2010, 07:32 PM
It tastes watered down.