PDA

View Full Version : What soda would you like to see back?

doulasc
01-24-2010, 09:24 PM
I liked Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper I hear it is discontinued by their website still shows it.
Coke with Lime was good-I can't beleive it was a failure but Diet Coke with Lime was successful. Black Cherry Vanilla Coke was good-I think coke came out with it to compete
with CV Dr.Pepper. I never got to try Melon mello yellow :(. I still wonder why no Cherry Sprite
to compete with Cherry 7up.

atrac
01-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Pepsi Clear
Slice (Original, Orange)
New Coke :)

Mr Zabe
01-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Orange(Tangerine) and Lemon Lime Slice

Old school 7-UP (mass market)

Original Canfield's Cream Soda (the current stuff does not taste as good.)

Android
01-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Need you ask? Forget the throwback, gimme these!

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/ReturnablesDahls1997.jpg

Susan
01-25-2010, 12:47 AM
That's an easy question for me. My favorite all time soda which is sadly no longer around is Minute Maid Fruit Punch pictured in my current avatar. And I'm not talking about the non carbonated garbage you see everywhere, this stuff was carbonated and was a gift from Heaven.

Others I'd put high on my list would include Slice products including the Lemon lime. I don't like 7up, Sierra Mist and I HATE Sprite but Slice was very good. They definitely had the best tasting orange too and Peach Slice was great. But perhaps my favorite Slice was Pineapple.

As I've said before Coca Cola is my worst drink but I did like the Black Cherry Vanilla. But second on my "wish they'd come back" list behind only MM Fruit Punch is Red Fusion. Luckily the Cherry Dr. Pepper is very similar but in addition to Red Fusion being a great drink with a very cool name the can was beautiful to look at. I love the guys here who is the Red Fusion logo as their avatar.

Speaking of discontinued sodas I see Stewarts has discontinued their Peach. Reeeealll brilliant move guys. The two best sodas Stewarts has ever had they get rid of, Lemon Meringue and Peach. OK, I better stop this list now since I'm getting fired up. :(

scaryice
01-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Agree with Red Fusion.

Miley Cyrus
01-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Either Mello Yello Melon or dnl. I never got to try afterglow. :mad:

smitty
01-25-2010, 05:59 AM
Mello Yello Melon -- got to try one can in the Raleigh, N.C., area in 2002.

Rondo -- sampled some in Colorado Springs in the late '70s.

DnL. Maybe Pepsi Holiday Spice.

BluejacketT
01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
The sodas I wish to see come back are:

Mello Yello

Dr Pepper Berry & Creme -- loved it

ravyn0211
01-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Black Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke
RC Draft
Apple Slice

DrPepperYummy
01-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I got lucky with my choice of comebacks... Cherry RC appeared in my area again, now if only I could somehow call the 800 number enough times to get them to make dnL a summer edition or something... I really did like dnL... not sure why it didnt' catch on aside from the crazy graphics and confusion over what flavor it was... I dug it!

Misticdude
01-25-2010, 06:26 PM
dnL definitely was one of my faves. My ex and I were hooked on that stuff when it came out. I also loved Surge. Vault is ok, but it better not go away!
I need my caffeine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badboy1984
01-25-2010, 10:56 PM
If i had a choice it would be real sugar in all sodas but thats just wishful thinking. products i would like to see again are pepsi blue, josta, dp red fusion, storm and slice.

Man From Ohio
01-26-2010, 03:49 PM
RC Edge

Orange Barqs
Grape Barqs
Lime (or was it called Lemon Lime?) Barqs

Slice Cola

RC Edge was the drink that would wake me up when no others would. Are there any flavors of Barqs sold anywhere nowadays besides the Red Cream Soda, Root Beer, and the diet versions of those? I grew up with 5 flavors of Barqs, all in the returnable bottles with the "Drink Barqs--It's Good" logo. I think they had other flavors in other parts of the country as well, such as peach.

As for the Slice Cola, I only saw it once, in a supermarket in New Orleans. I bought a 6 pack. I never saw it anywhere else again. Maybe I only want to see it back to prove its existence to others! Does anyone else recall this particular flavor of Slice?

Oh yeah, I'd like to see Diet Rite Pink Grapefruit back as well.

jimsmith117
01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Old formula 7-UP and Lime Coke.It is still hard to believe they changed the first,and did away with the second.

BottleBoss
01-26-2010, 05:24 PM
7 Up GOLD !

Johnny
01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Josta. Without a doubt. If I can't have Josta back I'd settle for Pepsi Blue. And if I can't have Pepsi Blue I'd take Mountain Dew Pitch Black. Really, guys, I'm not picky! One of those would make me so happy. :D

imawalkingcorpse
01-27-2010, 12:51 AM
The Mello Yello Melon, and Afterglow.

mjb1124
01-27-2010, 01:20 AM
dnL
Sprite Remix (Tropical)
Mountain Dew Revolution
Dr Pepper Berries & Creme
Pepsi Vanilla
Sierra Mist Lemon Squeeze
Fanta Lemon

I agree about the old formula of 7 Up as well - screw this "all natural" crap. Also, regarding Man From Ohio's post - I know there was a Cherry Cola Slice early in that brand's life, which got replaced pretty quickly with Wild Cherry Pepsi. Might that be what you were thinking of?

bigrich
01-27-2010, 02:51 AM
Mello Yello Melon
Citra
Sprite Remix (Any)
Rondo

Android
01-27-2010, 05:34 AM
I had to throw out the old bottled Pepsi line earlier, but other posts have reminded me of some of my favorites that are gone now...

Stewarts Creamy Old-Fashioned Cola
RC Edge
RC Draft
Storm (diet)
Crystal Pepsi (first version)

halloaaryn
01-27-2010, 06:13 AM
PEPSI TWIST! Dear GOD, PPPLLEEAASSEEE!!! Pepsi TWiST!!!

mmmmmmmm

mjb1124
01-27-2010, 12:32 PM
^Knew I forgot something. I'd like Twist back too. Also, never tried Mello Yello Melon and Afterglow, but they sound great.

There certainly seem to be a lot of people wanting dnL back - seven in this thread to be exact. I would guess that the unusual name and concept explained why it flopped - maybe people just thought it was 7 Up? Seems like the people who actually tasted it loved it.

Lots of clamoring for Mello Yello Melon and various flavors of Slice as well. The former might be a possibility as MY is set to make a comeback, but I doubt we'll see the latter since Pepsi seems to be having a lot of success with Crush.

Chad.
01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Surge, as similar as Vault is its just not the same
dnL
Mello Yello Afterglow
Pepsi Holiday Spice
Mountain Dew Pitch Black
Dr. Slice

Man From Ohio
01-27-2010, 09:13 PM
dnL
Also, regarding Man From Ohio's post - I know there was a Cherry Cola Slice early in that brand's life, which got replaced pretty quickly with Wild Cherry Pepsi. Might that be what you were thinking of?

No, it was definitely straight cola. The Big Easy is the only place I ever saw it. IIRC, not every flavor of Slice was available in all markets, so it might have been quite limited geographically. Or maybe it was being test marketed.

leisuredrummer
01-28-2010, 11:07 PM
dnL
Sprite Remix (Tropical)
Mountain Dew Revolution
Dr Pepper Berries & Creme
Pepsi Vanilla
Sierra Mist Lemon Squeeze
Fanta Lemon

I agree about the old formula of 7 Up as well - screw this "all natural" crap. Also, regarding Man From Ohio's post - I know there was a Cherry Cola Slice early in that brand's life, which got replaced pretty quickly with Wild Cherry Pepsi. Might that be what you were thinking of?

If your ever in real need of that Pepsi Vanilla, I have a mint condition 12-pack ready to go.

leisuredrummer
01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Josta would be mine. Loved that soda. Gone too soon.........

Android
01-29-2010, 01:21 AM
No, it was definitely straight cola. The Big Easy is the only place I ever saw it. IIRC, not every flavor of Slice was available in all markets, so it might have been quite limited geographically. Or maybe it was being test marketed.

Hmm, interesting. I have never heard of this before. Never seen any reference to it either. I remember the POP supply room when I worked for Pepsi in 1994, they had some old outdated Slice stuff in there, but never saw one for a plain cola. Just the cherry cola. I wish I had tried it when it was around, actually.

Hacksaw
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
My list:

Fanta Red Cream
Patio Orange
NY Original Seltzer Cola & Berry
Crystal Pepsi, first formula
Tropical Sprite Remix

jacksmom
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would have to say Pepsi Summer Mix - YUM!!!

ithastabeshasta
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM

No offense but I would have to see an example to believe it as i have been collecting soda items (mostly cans) for years and have never seen anything mentioning it. Nor is it listed on usasoda.com and he is pretty thorough. Not only that but isn't there laws that would prevent Pepsi from marketing another Cola in the same territory as Pepsi?

fusion
02-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Why would there be laws against that? DPS and their bottlers sell more than one brand name of different flavors in certain areas.

ithastabeshasta
02-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Why would there be laws against that? DPS and their bottlers sell more than one brand name of different flavors in certain areas.

I say that because when Pepsi had Dr Slice it wasn't sold in my bottlers territory because they had Dr Pepper. At the time I was working as a buyer for a vending company so I asked my Pepsi representative if he could get me some Dr Slice and he said he couldn't (he rattled off some technical term that I don't recall). But basically he told be they couldn't sell me any because they already had Dr Pepper and wouldn't be allowed to sell another Dr type product in their territory. Of course it could have been he just didn't want to get it for me and gave me a line of bs. I guess it could have been that they would have violated their contract with Dr Pepper.

fusion
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Well, that's not a law, it's a violation of a contract. There's a clause in there that says they won't sell a competing product. For Pepsi that would have been Dr. Slice or Mr. Green, for Coke it would have been Mr. Pibb or Pibb Xtra.

NRGSLLR55
02-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Coke II:-) just kidding.

Howdy Cola

janstett
03-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Vanilla Coke made with Sucrose (used to be available in Allentown PA but discontinued)

In general I'd like to see sugar instead of HFCS across the board

Black Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper

Orange Slice

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
03-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Pepsi Vanilla. Its a shame Pepsi isn't competing with Coke Vanilla because I liked the stuff and would enjoy it again.

Dumas Walker
03-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe this does not really count, since they are still around, but I would like to see Double Cola and Ski be as available as they used to be.

Dude111
03-28-2010, 02:56 AM
PEPSI THROWBACK 2009 IS WHAT I WANNA SEE BACK!!!!

Best soda i have since the 80s when they started me$$ing with soda in the USA!!

skylark68
03-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Hmm, interesting. I have never heard of this before. Never seen any reference to it either. I remember the POP supply room when I worked for Pepsi in 1994, they had some old outdated Slice stuff in there, but never saw one for a plain cola. Just the cherry cola. I wish I had tried it when it was around, actually.

It's just my 2 cents, but I only remember the cherry cola Slice. I know we used to stock up on that and i think orange Slice before we went out on our boat. :)

Mr Zabe
03-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah,Cherry Cola Slice was very enjoyable. :)

Mister Coke
03-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Mister Pibb change the name back...

Susan
03-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Another that comes to mind for me is Black Cherry Vanilla Coca Cola.

What is this Rondo drink you guys talk about? The only Rondo I know is Rajon Rondo from my favorite team, the Boston Celtics. :p

jimsmith117
04-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Maybe this does not really count, since they are still around, but I would like to see Double Cola and Ski be as available as they used to be.
I did see Ski available as a fountain drink at a gas station in Campbellsville.I had never seen that here before.

iowacity
04-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Need you ask? Forget the throwback, gimme these!

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/ReturnablesDahls1997.jpg

Yes! I loved the 8-packs.

My favs, R.I.P:

Citra
Coke C2

JasonCH18
04-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Pepsi Lime
Mountain Dew Pitch Black
Sierra Mist Undercover Orange

Dumas Walker
04-14-2010, 06:40 PM
I did see Ski available as a fountain drink at a gas station in Campbellsville.I had never seen that here before.

Wow, it has been a long time since I've seen that! Good to hear it!

fusion
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
My favs, R.I.P:

Citra
Coke C2

Citra still exists. First it was renamed Fanta Citrus, now it's Fanta Grapefruit/Fanta Toranja. It's just not as easy to find.

Raech
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Aspen (apple soda from Pepsi)
Mt Dew Pitch Black
New York Seltzer Peach

and I know I am forgetting one

steveu
04-27-2010, 11:48 AM
MY Afterglow ... best flavor ever :)

The Mello Yello Melon, and Afterglow.

mozartpc27
12-29-2010, 11:31 AM
http://cdn.blisstree.com/files/2010/06/cokeII.jpg

CitrusCola
12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
My wife mentioned today that she really liked Coke II and wished it was still around.

Swifty
12-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Oh...RC Draft. It tasted like Jesus personally kissed each and every bottle.

I also miss Dr Pepper Red Fusion and Berries and Cream. (I think those were kissed by slightly lesser deities.)

SodaFan16
12-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Every Mountain Dew!

UncleBob
12-31-2010, 12:55 AM
Oh...RC Draft. It tasted like Jesus personally kissed each and every bottle.

Wow! I had forgotten about RC Draft. That was some pretty darn good stuff. Leaps and bounds beyond RC Cola - something I rarely drink (do like a Cherry RC now and then)...

Dewman1979
12-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Diet Live Wire...natioanl distributed.

SodaFan16
12-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Diet Live Wire...natioanl distributed.

That would be AMAZING.

britguy79
01-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Tab Clear

Crystal Pepsi (Cos i never had this as i don't think it was released in the UK).

Pepsi Blue (Only had this once, only cos my bro found it in some shop in the UK).

Sour Virgin (Not sure what it was actually called, but they had Blue Raspberry and Red Cherry flavour made by Virgin, which were sour).

jacksmom
01-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Pepsi Summer Mix - one of my all time favorite drinks!

oz999
01-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow! I had forgotten about RC Draft. That was some pretty darn good stuff. Leaps and bounds beyond RC Cola - something I rarely drink (do like a Cherry RC now and then)...

Definately same here, I've tried to import it from NZ several times but too expensive, not available in small quantities.

Someone told me Stewarts cream cola was similar, but alas it's discontinued as well. I'm wondering if anyone finds a slight similarity with RC Draft and any current drink.

UncleBob
01-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Definately same here, I've tried to import it from NZ several times but too expensive, not available in small quantities.

Someone told me Stewarts cream cola was similar, but alas it's discontinued as well. I'm wondering if anyone finds a slight similarity with RC Draft and any current drink.

It's funny, I've been looking up info on RC Draft, as I only have vague memories of it from high school (man, I'm old) and all I can remember is loving it at the time.

Now, I see one of the big selling points was that it was made with sugar instead of HFCS, something I knew nothing about at the time - yet now know how much better soda made with real sugar tastes (thanks to Mexican Coke). Funny. :D

CitrusCola
01-09-2011, 12:23 PM
How did the taste of Royal Crown Draft Cola compare to that of the sugar-sweetened RC Cola from West Jefferson?

mello yello
01-11-2011, 01:09 PM
definitely mello yello afterglow! what an amazing drink...

here's my personal top 5:
mello yello afterglow
dnL
mello yello cherry
mello yello melon
fanta berry

oz999
01-19-2011, 01:57 AM
How did the taste of Royal Crown Draft Cola compare to that of the sugar-sweetened RC Cola from West Jefferson?

No idea here, but I'm sure someone will know. Alas I got into the whole sugar soda thing right around the time Pepsi cracked down on WJ. After the whole prop 65 thing. I got to taste the last bit of Red Rock Cola before they ran out.
Never got to try anything else from WJ. I'm hoping to someday either make it out there or find someone willing to ship me a mixed case.

DPDude
01-21-2011, 01:55 AM
The sodas I wish to see come back are:

Mello Yello

Dr Pepper Berry & Creme -- loved it

I just emptied my last twelve cans of Dr Pepper Berries and Creme this past weekend. I've had too many old cans start leaking and let me tell you finding out that one can in a twelve pack buried in a cupboard, months after the fact, can be quite a mess. This stuff was well past the expiration date.

Shootmaster_44
01-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Ones I'd like to see back (and perhaps they exist in the US still):
Tahiti Treat
Coke C2
Crystal Pepsi
Pepsi Blue - was a great mix with rye actually
Mello Yellow
Vault
Old formula Jolt
Jolt Grape
Jolt Blue
Old formula (80s) Cherry Coke
Red Alert Mountain Dew

Those are all I can think of, though I am sure there are others.

Mr Zabe
01-28-2011, 09:48 AM
:Old formula (80s) Cherry Coke.
Amen brother! The old (80's) Cherry Coke was awesome!

HealthBevNut
02-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I would LOVE to see comeback, Cotton Club 50/50, Ginger Ale, and Danish Creme Soda.... THE BEST