PDA

View Full Version : Western Carribean Trip

mofizz
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi Everyone, just thought I'd share a few of my finds from my recent western carribean cruise.

Found Pepsi Kick in a 500ml bottle in Cozumel. Very nice bottle, different from those of Pepsi and Pepsi Light. Has black shrink wrap all the way around the bottle, almost makes it look like black plastic. Taste was good, I assume this is Mexico's version of US Pepsi Max. I'll try and post a pic later. Stopped at a bar and got a few nice pics of a pile of returnable coke bottles. I'll post that later too.

Didn't get to hunt around much in Belize but the local beer was good.

Found Teem in Roatan Honduras (what a nice island!). Tasted great, I had forgot what a great drink Teem is. Hopefully Pepsi will bring it back someday in the US. Makes a good highball drink. Has a nice bite that the other lemon limes lack, almost like a sundrop type bite/burn. Very tasty. I'll post a pic of the bottle later. They also had orange crush glass bottles (think they were imported).

Grand Cayman has a nice looking Pepsi warehouse on the main drag. Company is called Bodden Beverages. Wish we had time to stop but you know how little time the cruise lines give you ashore. Other than that, just the usual stuff. They had Mountain Dew which I suppose is common.

Thats all, I'll try and get some pics up later.

Mr Zabe
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Very cool. Thanks for the re-cap.

mofizz
02-02-2010, 12:47 PM
A quick picture from my phone. I've got some better ones I'll try and get to later.

Another comment, Pepsi's new graphics and logos are everywhere down there. Packaging, trucks, billboards, little bodgeas that have been painted. Very fresh look for some of these places.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-10-2010, 04:21 PM
i was in st. maarten recently and there was almost no pepsi. coke all came from puerto rico.

when i was in aruba the pepsi bottler also brewed beer (balashi).