PDA

View Full Version : Next Vitamin Water!

Crush370
02-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I am looking for some help with an amazing new beverage that is not on the shelves anywhere, is not another energy drink or vitamin water clone, and it's delicious & refreshing, but simple to make. It's totally unique and will appeal to relatively all ages and an international market. Everyone who has tried it, loves it, and always asks me when am I making more. (because they want it) It can have several variations to expand the line.

I suppose I could get a test batch made and pedal it on the street or small stores, but this is bigger than that. It needs to get out to the masses quickly to gain initial market share.

Does anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks for your help!

DrPepperYummy
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
How do you think you're going to get initial market share if you don't establish yourself in the smaller stores willing to take a chance on it... larger corporations won't take a chance on a gimmick when every day they turn down hundreds of requests for product placement from new vendors and exsisting vendors... especially when those vendors are paying for space in the stores...

I guess I also have doubt of this great smashing new beverage that has never been done before... it could just be my pessimistic side, or you just don't have something new and unique and simply aren't aware of the competition out there... lets use energy drinks as an example... my last recording I had 1,314 on file... nationally I think you might see 5-6 brands tops in a store... you can't just jump in the fish bowl with those 5-6 sharks and expect to live...

Now I used an energy drink for the example so please don't respond saying its not an energy drink, I realize that I was just giving you a real world example... I just haven't seen anthing new lately... everyone is just cloning ideas and expecting people to buy it... every day they are preached the same thing... but nobody has sales, just the next great thing... proven track records keep the door from being slamned in your face, no current sales and distribution won't even get your call returned or through to the person you want...

I don't want this to come off as being too harsh... just a reality check... if you have a great product you enjoy, absolutely produce it, sell it in local stores, develop a following and reoccuring sales... then target a local chain store and see if you can jump up a notch... if the product is still selling and growing hey another notch up the chain... but don't expect million dollar orders because you like it... what does it offer me when you have no sales, which means I have no profits as your potential customer...

Crush370
03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
DrPepperYummy... Everything you said absolutely makes sense. My problem is time & money. Can't I just present my beverage formula to some willing companies that do this sort of thing everyday and get a few points or a small percentige based on sales or profit, of coarse, if it works? Do you have any recommendations? Perhaps you do this sort of thing?

DrPepperYummy
03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
DrPepperYummy... Everything you said absolutely makes sense. My problem is time & money. Can't I just present my beverage formula to some willing companies that do this sort of thing everyday and get a few points or a small percentige based on sales or profit, of coarse, if it works? Do you have any recommendations? Perhaps you do this sort of thing?

The key part of your reply... "if it works"

I recommend you re-read my previous message responding to your original posting... it tells you exactly what the reality of the business is... I understand your problem is time and money, but thats the problem of these billion dollar companies you're expecting to RISK THEIR TIME AND MONEY... all because you lack both... that's not a profitable business model for them to follow... they calculate everything down to the fraction of a penny... and how much profit they need to make on something to be worth their time and money... if you have zero results to show them, the potential for them is ZERO... thats business man.

Yes, America is the land of opportunity... but you have to take the opportunity to do it yourself, sure we hear these wonderful stories of someone just selling an idea or formula to someone and becoming a billionaire... but those are the rare exceptions to the rule... its not common and very unlikely... and most often those people made the value of the product worth that by growing the business and establishing it...

If you have an idea that will be the next smash hit, you are probably going to make it that way by yourself with your own passion producing and marketing it locally and growing the business... and then having it catch on after people see the established base and potential in other areas... many products never make it past the local area though, because most often the business was selling yourself passionately, not the product... and you can't replicate yourself nationwide, only the bottle...

I'm sorry man.

Mr Zabe
03-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Very well said and great advice.

greg
03-06-2010, 08:34 AM
I am now a fan of DrPepperYummy!