PDA

View Full Version : pepsi merchandiser

uween
02-13-2010, 03:01 AM
Ok guys i just found this site just by putting crap in google hoping to find something on a pepsi merchandiser. I have to say this is a cool site.

Well, i just got the job for this and i start on Monday. I was hoping to here some good things about working there. All i can find is everyone saying bad things about working for pepsi or coke.....I know they i will be doing a lot of lifting i get that.....its part of the job. Im just like to know if there is anything good about working there.

Thanks guys...:D

Rye
02-13-2010, 07:21 AM
There is a lot of benefits from working with Pepsi. Only advice i can give you is, be willing to work and work hard. Keep focus on little things, they go a long way. As a sales rep my biggest pet peeve is back rooms and cleanliness. BUt just be willing to work and give it your all and you'll be ok. Focusing on that and actually doing your job and not being lazy will pay off in the end.

Which market are you working in?

Android
02-13-2010, 06:01 PM
You might want to check out this discussion:

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/bevboard-general/32247-pepsi-merchandiser.html

-Andy

lordmadone
02-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Only bad things? wow where have you been going to? In all honesty with some of my gripes and stresses with my job it is the best job I have had in my life..for a 25yr old to be able to purchase not only his own car and house with just my name on it because of working hard at pepsi says a lot..I see a bright future at pepsi..even coke is good too but I am on the blue side and see far more benefit to us and the possibility of moving to a different "company" within the company if I so choose without any issues. Just follow that link from Android but mostly know there will be some tough times ahead right now until this economy gets better..our merchandisers use to get easily 45 hours a week..even when slow..if they get over 40 now its a write up since its so slow. HOWEVER the cream rises to the top and the ones who outshine the others have the ability to move up into route/sales positions..and many have lately..even being at the company less than year(while I semi-disagree with that it is not always a bad scenario).

Rye
02-14-2010, 08:10 PM
i wish our merchandisers got 40 hours. they are cutting their hours down to 36