PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Dewmocracy

jacksmom
02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
I've heard rumors floating around about this.

"Mountain Dew announced another DEWmocracy campaign for 2010. Before it started, "DEW Labs" trucks went around in July 2009 with seven flavors. Fifty boxes with the seven flavors were also sent out. Out of all seven flavors, taste testers were to choose the three for DEWmocracy. The three new candidate flavors are Mountain Dew Typhoon (pink), which is a tropical punch flavor, Mountain Dew White Out (white), which is a citrus flavor, and Mountain Dew Distortion (green), which is a lime flavor. The three new candidate flavors will be released in April 2010 and last through the summer. After that, the voting on the permanent flavor will take place. The winning flavor will be released on Labor Day 2010."

Is there any truth to this that you all are aware of? If so, I would love it! A lime flavored Mountain Dew sounds especially awesome! :)

Yugh
02-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah its true. There are pictures out there on facebook.

fusion
02-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Yup, it's true. Most of the people I've talked to about it seem more interested in the tropical punch one, and very skeptical of the white one.

Dewman1979
02-17-2010, 03:19 AM
um...lime has been done.

fusion
02-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Testers say it doesn't taste like Baja Blast, though.

jacksmom
02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
um...lime has been done.

I realize there's Baja Blast (which I love), but I don't make it to Taco Bell that often, so to have one that's easily accessible would be marvelous! :)

badboy1984
02-18-2010, 12:13 AM
i was one of the testers of these, i think typhoon tasted the best out of all and i thought lime was the worst and it did not taste like baja.

Mr Zabe
02-18-2010, 12:29 AM
My two cents.
I'm very impressed with the way 2010 Dewmocracy
has done their taste test. Very cool!

BhamCokeman
02-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Look, I am all about adding flavors. All it means is more cases, and sales, but is Pepsi maybe not overdoing it a little bit. Is this Dewmocracy going to be a thing they do every year, and keep on adding flavors? To me it seems to be overdoing it somewhat.

Dewman1979
02-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Look, I am all about adding flavors. All it means is more cases, and sales, but is Pepsi maybe not overdoing it a little bit. Is this Dewmocracy going to be a thing they do every year, and keep on adding flavors? To me it seems to be overdoing it somewhat.

they need to add diet flavors.

lordmadone
02-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Every year? The original was done in '08..and was very succesful..why not get people more involved? Mt.Dew usually caters to a younger demographic..one that changes its tastes constantly..this helps to satiate that evolving taste. Instead of choosing what people like..we give them the opportunity to choose for themselves. I think its a classy marketing campaign.