PDA

View Full Version : How would you describe Cheerwine?

doulasc
02-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Is it a Cherry Soda?-I say no comparison with Cherry Crush or Cherikee Red
a Cherry Cola-It does not taste like any cola products
A Cherry Dr.Pepper like soda-No not quite.

Susan
02-19-2010, 10:12 PM
A very good question you pose. I highly disagree with the label that describes it as a cherry soda. It's no less a pineapple soda than it is cherry. Don't get me wrong, I like it, it's just simply not cherry flavored. Possibly more like a tame Dr. Pepper or even Red Fusion, though I like Red Fusion much better.

el hombre de los moleculos
02-19-2010, 10:15 PM
cough syrup.

doulasc
02-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Susan:
Is Red Fusion still around anywhere?

CitrusCola
02-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Cheerwine is definitely a cherry drink. It was created by adding a cherry flavoring to the base of a drink called "Mint Cola." You can read more here:

CHEERWINEHISTORY (http://www.blakescheerwineoldies.com/blakescheerwineoldies_028.htm)

Susan
02-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Susan:
Is Red Fusion still around anywhere?

No, but I still have 2 twelve packs left. They still have all their fizz and taste great.

jacksmom
02-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Honestly, I think Cheerwine tastes almost exactly like a slighter flat version of Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I liked it, but I didn't love it enough to special order it again. I just get my Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper now and pretend I'm drinking Cheerwine - works for me!

skylark68
02-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I bought a package of Cheerwine in the bottle from Cheerwine via mail. The bottled version is superior to the can. It has cane sugar instead of HFCS. It seemed more "bubbly" as well. The canned version seems to go flat pretty quickly. I'd say it's a definitely cherry soda, but I can't put my foot on the exact description. It has its own unique taste in my opinion.

Dumas Walker
02-27-2010, 11:30 AM
It has its own unique taste in my opinion.

Ditto. I notice a cherry flavor, for sure. It also has a "peppery" taste, but not quite as peppery as Dr. Pepper, and less of a "cola" taste.

I bought some Cherry Dr. Pepper last year (because it was available locally, unlike Cheerwine) and was disappointed. It was no where near as good as the original.