PDA

View Full Version : AMP EnergyJuice

ThePieHole
02-20-2010, 07:58 PM
New product from the AMP people, 100% juice energy drink in a 12 oz resealable bottle, 2 flavors (orange and mixed berry). Dale Earnhardt Jr. is driving a car with an Orange paint scheme to represent it tomorrow in the NASCAR race.

Here's a link to the product: AMP (http://www.ampenergy.com/#/drink)

Has anyone seen the products out yet? Where can I expect to find them? Particularly would want to know in the Mid-Atlantic area (specifically Delaware), but any info would be useful. I'll let you all know if I see it/try it.

scum1
02-23-2010, 10:06 AM
I have some samples headed my way to review. I like the fact they went with a plastic bottle for their juice. I think people are used to buying juice that way. I was surprised to be getting these since I have not been a fan of Amp products for the most part.

JasonCH18
02-26-2010, 01:28 AM
I had both of them today and I must say, I was not impressed. I work for Pepsi, so I am always eager to try anything new that we come out with. The orange one was absolutely horrible, I had several people on my campus try it and they all about spit it out. The mixed berry one was okay but nothing I would buy again.

scum1
02-26-2010, 09:19 AM
I hope they did not use the same taste testers as they used with the Amp shots. I mean that shot was horrible tasting and i just don't see how they could not have known it was that bad. I mean do they actually get people to try this before putting it on the market. Really I'd like to know the process because I am baffled. I'm looking forward to trying these energy juices still though.

fusion
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
For anyone in the mid-atlantic area, I found them at Shore Stop/FasMart. You have to look carefully, they're on a bottom shelf. I also found Pepsi Max Cease Fire 20oz on the top shelf in the Pepsi 20oz door. The stores are being reset (most of them are done), so there are a lot of holes where new products are supposed to be. They are going to get the new Gatorade Prime and Recovery drinks (1 and 3, Gatorade/G2 are 2) eventually.

The Amps were $1.99 each.

greg
03-01-2010, 10:26 AM
I was looking for an ingredient panel. Has anyone been able to find one?

fusion
03-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Orange:

Orange juice (water and orange juice concentrate), white grape juice (water and white grape juice concentrate), citric acid, taurine, guarana seed extract, caffeine, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), gum arabic, natural and artificial flavor, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, modified food starch, panax ginseng root extract, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, vitamin E acetate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).

Caffeine content: 120mg/12oz
190 calories, 47 total carbs (41 sugar)

funny, the mixed berry has the exact same ingredients (except for the addition of lycopene near the end), but some are in a slightly different order. The natural and artificial flavor is right after the white grape juice. It also has 120mg of caffeine, but 200 calories, and 47 total carbs (42 sugar).

greg
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Orange:

Orange juice (water and orange juice concentrate), white grape juice (water and white grape juice concentrate), citric acid, taurine, guarana seed extract, caffeine, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), gum arabic, natural and artificial flavor, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, modified food starch, panax ginseng root extract, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, vitamin E acetate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).

Caffeine content: 120mg/12oz
190 calories, 47 total carbs (41 sugar)

funny, the mixed berry has the exact same ingredients (except for the addition of lycopene near the end), but some are in a slightly different order. The natural and artificial flavor is right after the white grape juice. It also has 120mg of caffeine, but 200 calories, and 47 total carbs (42 sugar).

Lycopene???? that is found in tomatoes!

41g of sugar in 12 oz? WOW!
Does it list the actual amount of Caffeine, Ginsend root???

scum1
03-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I think the Lycopene is probably for coloring? Since it is only in the Berry flavor I figure they needed something to make it red

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Found some of both at a 7-11. Cute little bottles in the open refridgerator section next to the Sunny-D. Was expecting them to be a little bit bigger lol!

Whynatte
03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Split the mixed berry with 3 others in the office, it was nearly undrinkable. Conceptually I thought it could have legs, but the taste isn't palatable, and the high sugar and calorie count is a turnoff. Seems like it could have been a little more watered down, which would have lowered the calories and actually made it easier to drink.

scum1
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
I had the orange and enjoyed it. It is orange but the OJ is cut by the white grape which keeps the acid level down(regular oj gives me heartburn). As for calories it is just the juice. OJ has 122 calories and 29 grams of sugar in an 8 oz glass. Have not tried the Berry yet. I am not an Amp drinker and usually don't like Amp but this time I think they did a good job. Love the little bottle. I would not say it is healthy but it is better for you than downing your usual RB or Monster

fusion
03-05-2010, 11:10 PM
To me, it looks and tastes like old orange juice. I agree it's not as acidic as regular orange juice, but the flavors of the energy ingredients come through too strongly. I wonder if the berry is any better.

lordmadone
03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Both were very palatable and drinkable..I am a heavy ED person and I couldn't notice much of the "ED" aftertaste some complain of..although it is high in caloric content I think it makes up for it with a decent little buzz. 120mg of caffiene I think???!

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
03-07-2010, 09:15 PM
The OJ wan't bad definately less acid because of the grape juice stuff. Not too strong of a grape flavor.
The berry, on the other hand, had a very strong grape flavor. I didn't really get a "berry" flavor, mainly grape.
This was my first actual "energy drink" and I enjoyed it (Although I don't think I gained any energy).

optimiss
03-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I tried the orange variety and found the smell of it to be veeerrryyyyy odd. It reminded me of rotten garbage. Did I get a bad bottle or does it really smell that foul? It didn't taste bad per se but the smell was very off-putting.

That said it did give me a nice little energy boost!

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
After a "month off" I saw some at a supermarket which is kinda strange since this seems to be more of a c-store type product.