PDA

View Full Version : What's up with BAWLZ Guarana

mofizz
03-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Are these guys still in business? I'm having a hard time finding product and nobody picks up the phone at corporate?

BevNET
03-01-2010, 10:23 AM
While it's hard to say if the company is completely shuttered, they are not operating their office (according the message when you call) and, according to our sources, all but 2 employees (accounting people) had been let go a few weeks back. Last we heard, efforts were underway to sell the brand, but the parties representing the company have not returned phone calls as of late. We've also had correspondence with distributors who are unable to get new orders filled.

If anyone else has info, let us know.

mofizz
03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks BevNET.

fusion
03-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I do know that Royal Farms (Baltimore-based c-store chain) is firesaleing Bawls 10/$10 right now, to make way for new items in the upcoming resets.

Bawls last posted on their facebook page about a month ago, and lots of people are asking if the company is out of business, saying they can't get it anywhere anymore.

BAWLS Guarana | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/BAWLS-Guarana/37426778730?ref=nf)

Android
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
The local small-town grocery store a few blocks from where I live sells Bawls - I even added it to their location finder several years ago. I went in there today and bought 3 bottles, noting they had about 4 cases left. At the checkout counter, I mentioned the company had gone out of business - the checker was like "some people won't be happy about that" and told one of the other checkers what I had told her. I guess it's still in the pipleline here, but I'm guessing that will end soon. Too bad. RIP.
-Andy

RootJack
03-04-2010, 10:16 AM
As I've been talking with distributors the last few months, Bawls tends to come up in the conversation since they also have a caffeinated Root Beer. So far what I've heard is that they shipped like crazy in December and now no one can get hold of them. Even my online retailer, who sells both our products, tells me all attempts at contact with Hoborama since December have failed... no answered phone calls... no e-mail response.

It's sad because it is a great and tasty product. Their loss has been our gain however due to our similar relationship with gamers, and specifically LAN centers. I have started getting calls from businesses trying to find a quick replacement. Despite this, I'd still like to see it come back.

mofizz
03-04-2010, 11:26 AM
You should try and buy the Bawls trademark RootJack! I bet you could do allright with it. Like you say, good product, loyal following.

RootJack
03-04-2010, 04:29 PM
You should try and buy the Bawls trademark RootJack! I bet you could do allright with it. Like you say, good product, loyal following.

Aye, if we only had that kind of money.

cokebabies
03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
The shipping is a bit steep, but you can always find it at Think Geek.
ThinkGeek :: Case o' Bawls (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/2818/)

Tannerman
03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
With the Jones/Reed's deal and this, I think we're in for an interesting 2010 :)

RootJack
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
The shipping is a bit steep, but you can always find it at Think Geek.
ThinkGeek :: Case o' Bawls (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/2818/)

Not entirely true. RootJack is also sold through ThinkGeek (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/c2ad/), and that was the online retailer I was speaking of. Hoborama is not returning their calls. So once they are out, they may just be out. Luckily they got a big order filled in December.

greg
03-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I cant ever recall seeing someone drinking a BAWLS. Not that it didnt happen or wasnt a good product I just never saw it.
I often wondered as I traveled across the states and I saw BAWLS in major chain outlets how the company could continue to pay for space. Afterall, I have seen the Neilson ratings, They were constantly in the 15-20 ranking. With that being said, they were in top tier retailers that I know cost them a fortune to maintain. I just couldnt understand how they afforded it.

cokebabies
03-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Not entirely true. RootJack is also sold through ThinkGeek (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/c2ad/), and that was the online retailer I was speaking of. Hoborama is not returning their calls. So once they are out, they may just be out. Luckily they got a big order filled in December.

Interesting; my brother just got an order a couple of months back, but I don't know about anything more recent.

He drinks/collects every energy/interesting caffeinated beverage he can find, so I'll have to let him know about RootJack.

Tannerman
03-11-2010, 08:40 AM
He drinks/collects every energy/interesting caffeinated beverage he can find, so I'll have to let him know about RootJack.

It's worth it for the cool pirate bottle alone! :)

Android
03-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Luckily they got a big order filled in December.

I'm guessing whatever distributor that serves my area must have stocked up too. I mentioned above they had it at a local grocery store - I was just in there today and saw that there were now like a couple more cases on the stack compared to the last time I was in there.

cokebabies
03-16-2010, 01:47 PM
It's worth it for the cool pirate bottle alone! :)

Yeah that is one nice looking bottle. Also orange flavored sounds interesting, I'll have to steal a bottle or two when he orders it.