PDA

View Full Version : Cherikee Red discontinued?

doulasc
03-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok someone on Flickr said Cherikee Red was discontinued and replaced with Big Red.
I thought Big Red is a Red Cream soda not a cherry soda. Was Cherikee Red discontinued because of Cherry Crush?
In the areas where Cherikee Red is distributed,is it distributed by Seven up distributors?

When I do hear rumors I come to Bevnet to follow up.

Thanks

drpep
03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't know what to tell you Bub. I do know Big Red and Cherikee Red are different. In the Scranton, Pa area Cherikee is bottled by Crystal Water Soda Company. There used to be a fellow from there that posted on bevboard. Crush should not affect Cherikee Red in Scranton. I'm doing so much driving lately for work that I have not had time to make a Scranton roadtrip.

fusion
03-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Totally different flavor profiles, and totally different companies that own them. Cherikee Red is owned by a subsidiary of a subsidiary of a subsidiary (just joking, but you get the idea) of Dr Pepper Snapple. Big Red is owned by the Big Red company.

Maybe in a specific area they dropped Cherikee Red, but it probably wouldn't be right to assume that it's gone everywhere. Don't believe everything you read.