PDA

View Full Version : [Rant] Lipton sucks

Dude111
03-18-2010, 07:37 PM
I used to love lipton iced tea,FOR 30+ YEARS I DRANK IT...

All of a sudden they changed the recipe adding an ingredient: "MALTODEXTRIN" and it tastes like crap!! (Too sweet)

AND THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO PUT "SAME GREAT TASTE" ON THE CONTAINER!!

Whenever a company changes thier design on a can,IT ALMOST ALWAYS IS NOT THE SAME TASTE!! (Thru my experiences)

I emailed them a few days ago and asked them to PLEASE REMOVE "MALTODEXTRIN" (Which is an artifical sweetener made for DIET PRODUCTS) from thie REG ICED TEA and they emailed me back saying this:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts concerning Lipton.

Many factors are considered during product development, such as taste, texture, nutritional value, the ability to retain flavor and quality, as well as consumer convenience in use and preparation. Unilever uses only those ingredients needed to provide the desired flavor, appearance, consistency and nutritional value to its food products, and then to maintain those qualities during storage and use.

In order to produce good-tasting foods, we also make use of the latest research to select ingredients that provide those qualities. Our research staff continues to review existing products and develop new ones, and this ongoing program provides our consumers with products of only the highest quality and value.

Consumer comments are important to us, and are evaluated on a regular basis. We will forward your message to the appropriate staff.

Sincerely,

Your friends at LiptonFUNNY HOW THIER ICED TEA DIDNT EVER HAVE AN ARTIFICAL SWEETENER IN IT,AND IT TASTED WONDERFUL!!

Why do companies me$$ with success AND LIE ABOUT IT??

Ill tell you why,cause there are ALOT OF PEOPLE THEY CAN WALK ALL OVER SPEWING THESE LIES W/NO QUESTIONS!! (These are the people that ultimatly allow these pricks to keep doing this! (Mars,hersheys,etc)) http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6356/icon04gh0.gif