PDA

View Full Version : Galco's and other soda pop Meccas

steveu
03-24-2010, 03:58 AM
Doesn't look like there's been a thread like this for a few years ...

Who has been to Galco's? I live in Michigan and, a few years after seeing it on Food Channel or Travel Channel, was able to visit on a trip to L.A. in 2008. Man, stayed about a hour looking at everything. Wound up sending a case back home of a dozen very different sodas. My faves were Rat Bastard Root Beer and Fukola Cola. Still have all the bottles.

Please share your stories of other such places ... I've heard there's something in Ohio; might go there.

Hacksaw
03-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Jungle Jim's is in Ohio, and it's supposed to have a great beverage section.

The Dr. Soda Company is in Pacoima, CA, though I have yet to go there, either.

My wife picked up some Dutch Fanta Orange a few years ago when she was in Arizona at Pop The Soda Shop.

Locally, Beverages & More has a big variety of sodas in glass. Cost Plus has some gourmet types of sodas, but it varies a lot of what they carry.

drpep
03-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Galcos
YouTube - Obsessives: Soda Pop - CHOW.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbh6Ru7VVM)

drpep
03-25-2010, 08:50 PM
That place on Route 66 in Oklahoma. Name??

steveu
03-29-2010, 07:39 PM
I'll have to get to Jungle Jim's. Thanks

Jungle Jim's is in Ohio, and it's supposed to have a great beverage section.

The Dr. Soda Company is in Pacoima, CA, though I have yet to go there, either.

My wife picked up some Dutch Fanta Orange a few years ago when she was in Arizona at Pop The Soda Shop.

Locally, Beverages & More has a big variety of sodas in glass. Cost Plus has some gourmet types of sodas, but it varies a lot of what they carry.

halloaaryn
03-31-2010, 01:47 PM
I miss POP THE SODA SHOP in Phoenix
: (>