PDA

View Full Version : Crush vs. Slice

Susan
03-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Which one do you guys like better? I was once a Crush fanatic but that's when it was unavailable to me for years. Now that it's back I'm wondering why I missed it so bad. The only flavors of Crush I consider truly great are Strawberry and Peach. I waited half my life for Cherry Crush and I'm very disappointed in it.

Around here we never really had a major selection of Slice. We always had Orange and Lemon Lime while it was available and briefly Dr. Slice which I LOVED. But I bought loads of flavors on a couple trips to Phoenix in the mid to late 90s and most of the flavors were great.

Out of the flavors they have the same, I think only the Crush Strawberry was significantly better than Strawberry Slice. Peach Crush was also better than Peach Slice but just barely. I think Grape Crush is totally gross but Slice was good. Pineapple Slice ranked as one of my top 5-10 drinks ever while Pineapple Crush is just so so to me.

I'm wanting to say Slice had a Cream soda, I think maybe Red Cream. But I don't know for sure. I tried Cream Crush from Canada once and didn't like it, except it came in a pretty pink can and had french writing on it. The Fruit Punch Slice was better than Tropical Punch Slice but neither holds a candle to the old Minute Maid Fruit Punch or Tahitian Treat. As far as I know Slice didn't have a straight Cherry soda but likely a Cherry Lime.

Anyway, just my two cents of course. I am curious as to other opinions on this topic. I know Welch's has a lot of flavors too but around here just Grape and Strawberry. (big surprise). Minute Maid was great too and Tropicana Twister was horrible.

Susan

Dewman1979
04-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Slice by far.

Susan
04-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Come on guys, surely more than one of you has got to have an opinion on this! :p