PDA

View Full Version : Freestyling!!!!!!

Pixel
04-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Just got an invite to sample the Freestyle machine this weekend in Indy during Final Four festivities!
So excited!!!!!!

fusion
04-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Awesome! I saw the twitter announcement, and I was hoping someone from the board would win.

Congrats!

Pixel
04-05-2010, 12:38 AM
The Freestyle was awesome!
Well over a hundred flavors of the domestic brands. Some flavors are exclusive to the Freestyle. There's cherry, orange, raspberry, lime that can be added to virtually any of the drinks i.e. Coke, diet, Sprite, Fanta, etc.
All major drinks have a "Zero" version. The flavorings are sugar free so any flavoring added to a "Zero" adds no sugar or calories.
Freestyles are currently in use in So Calif and Atlanta areas and more regions will be receiving them soon. Production is ramping up quickly. Unfortunately, for me that is, the midwest won't see any for probably a year from now.
I was right in the other thread regarding restaurants, they are lining up around the block to have Freestyles installed. He indicated EVERY major fast food chain is chomping at the bit to get Freestyles in their stores as their self serve fountain!
This IS the future fountain drinks.
Version 2 of the Freestyle is in the works that will enable restaurants to serve in drive thrus and the like.
A vending Freestyle isn't currently in the works but it's something they're thinking about.
Thanks to Coca-Cola for the invite and test drive!!!!

CitrusCola
04-05-2010, 05:56 AM
The Freestyle will be a big step forward for fountain drinks. Are Coke's competitors doing anything to try to keep up? I know that in the area where I live, Pepsi fountain outlets are in quite a few restaurants.

Does DPSG even have fountain outlets?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Freestyle around here.

Pixel
04-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Pepsi has tried a version of the Freestyle but the prototype they had did not have the super-concentrated syrup and their machine had gobs and gobs of hoses and wires and looked a total mess according to the Coke rep I talked to.

The Freestyle requires only CO2, Corn Syrup and water connections.

Mr Zabe
05-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Looks like Chicago will get a test market Free Style machine in August 2010.
Freestyle Coke machine Chicago test. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/ct-talk-freestyle-coke-machine-0525-20100524,0,5352026.story)

Tannerman
05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
The Freestyle was the beverage hit of the NRA show last weekend. Very long lines.

One thing that did impress me, but I don't think has been talked about much, is how it handles those in wheelchairs/scooters. I took some photos of that and the interface is rather impressive.

fusion
05-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Freestyle is going into a lot of new markets this year, with 500+ new machines. I wish I could find a good article that mentions the new markets, but I'm pretty sure Chicago and LA are two of them.

CCE Girlie
05-27-2010, 09:52 PM
The word is that Coke will eventually phase out buying fountains from fountain companies (Cornelius, etc.) and starting making all of there own, like they have with the Freestyle.
Either way, it is a great looking machine with unique style and features, sure to be a hit in market!

jacksmom
05-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Oh, I hope this goes well. I would love, love, love to have one of these in my area. Unfortunately, Utah's not a very good test market for anything - doh!