PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen new Democracy cans out yet?

jacksmom
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Just wondering if anyone has seen any Mountain Dew Democracy cans in their area yet? I thought it was supposed to begin in April, but no luck around here as of yet.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Just wondering if anyone has seen any Mountain Dew Democracy cans in their area yet? I thought it was supposed to begin in April, but no luck around here as of yet.

Its due out today (New products come out on Mondays).

lordmadone
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
My paperwork said the second week of April..but that IS an estimate. Dont jump the gun..its usually either a week earlier or a week or two later. Manufacturing problems can arise..just like the 20oz Pet Sobe bottles right now..a bunch of conversion manufacturing problems have occured causing flavors to not be available..but the ones that are available are selling like crazy!

jacksmom
04-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys. I'll keep my eyes out. I did actually go out yesterday to see if it was in stores here yet - no luck! If only I had patience... :)

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Have yet to look for them, but I will.. The gas station not even a block away from my house was the FIRST to get the other DEWmocracys, before anywhere else. So maybe that'll be the case this time around. I'll check there later when I go to get gas.

Dewman1979
04-07-2010, 03:10 AM
will try when they come.

jacksmom
04-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I just found 12-packs of Mountain Dew Typhoon (tropical punch flavor) and Mountain Dew Distortion (lime flavor). They were on sale 4 for $11, so I promptly bought 4 12-packs of Distortion and 4 12-packs of Typhoon. They are chilling in the fridge now - will update once I taste them. I wonder why they didn't have the third flavor? Oh well. :)

jacksmom
04-07-2010, 04:20 PM
*Update* I tried both of them. Typhoon basically tastes like your average fruit punch soda - good, but nothing to brag about. Maybe it will grow on me. Let me preface this next thought by saying that I am a huge fan of lime, but the Distortion, even for me, was a little too strong with the lime flavor. It was very tart and could have used another flavor to balance out the tartness of the lime with some sweetness. I think if they just would have mixed it a little it would have turned out great. All in all, I like both of them, but the lime is a bit too much for me. I'm looking forward to trying White Out, their supposed "citrus"flavor (isn't that what Mtn. Dew already was?) I'm going to go out on a limb here and call it already for the White Out flavor, since I don't think consumers will be drawn to either of the ones I've tried so far.

lordmadone
04-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Just saw the tags for 12pk cans come in for my food lions.

jacksmom
04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Last update - I got a hold of Mountain Dew White Out this morning (just in a 20 oz. bottle). As I suspected, this is IMO the best of the three. It has a nice grapefruit flavor without being too overpowering and tastes the least artificial of the three. I'll give it some more time to see how I feel after drinking several of them, but I'm pretty sure my vote goes to White Out. All in all, very different flavors from the first Dewmocracy, so hats off to Mountain Dew for at least being creative.

Dewman1979
04-08-2010, 03:13 PM
My search begins today. Wnt to try all three. Last time, supernova was a bitch to find. And that was my favorite.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I was at a party and luckily someone had the presence of mind to get all three flavors, but the only one I didn't get was Voltage!

Dewman1979
04-10-2010, 03:38 AM
I was at a party and luckily someone had the presence of mind to get all three flavors, but the only one I didn't get was Voltage!

My least favorite....yet it won. Bummer.

Dewman1979
04-10-2010, 03:42 AM
hell, I still have a can of revolution in the fridge...lol.

jerr2429
04-10-2010, 09:25 AM
they were good i still have 2 12packs each of supernova and revolution. the new ones are do out saterday in pa and nj.

mjb1124
04-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I liked Revolution the best, though Voltage grew on me. Of course, Ultra Violet tasted pretty close to Revolution, but that doesn't look to be coming back either.

Oakland
04-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I picked up a 12-pack of the Distortion (Lime) flavor today, and, like jacksmom, I am a huge fan of anything lime. Unlike jacksmom, I adored the Distortion soda. The lime was definitely the prominent flavor, but the light original Dew flavor balanced it well enough for me.

I usually avoid most sugared-sodas at all cost, and am a diet devotee, with original flavor Dew being the exception. But I will definitely be purchasing the Distortion for as long as it sticks around in place of regular Dew. I love it.

I'll also give WhiteOut a try when I see it as well. The Typhoon flavor description doesn't much appeal to me.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Hmm, store locator lists White Out and Typhoon, but not Distortion?

Dewman1979
04-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Still nothing in these parts.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
As per the Facebook page, official launch is the 19th.

lordmadone
04-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Indeed... April 19th is the arrival date at our plant..that is confirmed..now whether it will be shipped out and in stores at that date is another question...however with such a major brand and the money behind it..it usually is out there on time no problem.

Dewman1979
04-14-2010, 02:24 AM
ok, will look for it then.

lordmadone
04-14-2010, 05:49 PM
It is calling for mandatory pallet displays in all food lions starting next week for dewmocracy and I have just seen(in can form) a pallet of each new flavor in our warehouse(was unsure of arrival). Also my operations manager gave me a sample to try of the Typhoon flavor and it was good but I didnt try it cold..so it coulda been better. I was given a 20oz bottle of Distortion and I must say I LOVE IT! Very slightly different taste but it makes it that much smoother overall. My favorite so far..now to try whiteout.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll6/jmpitty/DistortionMdew.jpg

Dewman1979
04-15-2010, 03:06 AM
It is calling for mandatory pallet displays in all food lions starting next week for dewmocracy and I have just seen(in can form) a pallet of each new flavor in our warehouse(was unsure of arrival). Also my operations manager gave me a sample to try of the Typhoon flavor and it was good but I didnt try it cold..so it coulda been better. I was given a 20oz bottle of Distortion and I must say I LOVE IT! Very slightly different taste but it makes it that much smoother overall. My favorite so far..now to try whiteout.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll6/jmpitty/DistortionMdew.jpg

That sounds really good.

jerr2429
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
in nj it will be out monday 12pk and 20oz not authorized at pathmark, a&p, or target yet.

scaryice
04-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Got all three tonight in 20 oz. bottles.

Distortion is easily the worst (or least good) of the three. Overpowering with the lime, and the flavor is too similar to Cease Fire and Pepsi Lime. The other two were both good, but I'd have to say White Out is my favorite. I don't know how to exactly describe the flavor - I've read coconut or grapefruit - but "smooth" is definitely accurate.

scaryice
04-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Twitter followers:

2,752 - White Out (http://twitter.com/MtnDewWhiteOut)
1,508 - Distortion (http://twitter.com/MtDewDistortion)
1,394 - Typhoon (http://twitter.com/MtnDewTyphoon)

I wonder is this is an early indication of how the voting will go?

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-16-2010, 11:56 PM
1200 votes more than the other two, without tasting ether most likely. This could either be a blowout or really change once tasting is complete.

jerr2429
04-17-2010, 11:05 AM
found today all three in 20oz and 12pk at the price chopper in milford pa

lordmadone
04-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Well I was able to sneak a case of distortion on my order today and I retasted it cold and I am not AS thrilled about it as I was before but it is still good..I need to get the others in and try them on for size. Wish we had a rally for this stuff like we did for the original dewmocracy..

Dewman1979
04-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Wish we could get it early. Jeesh.

Will try Monday, assuming I can find it.

BPHusker
04-19-2010, 08:57 PM
I just picked up 1 of each of the new 12 packs. I just opened up a Distortion and I like it a lot. Is it just me or does it taste like Mountain Dew MDX from 4-5 years ago?

lordmadone
04-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Tried typhoon cold...LOVED IT! Something I could drink often..reminds me of a better game fuel *shrug*. Wasnt thrilled by white out..

Dewman1979
04-20-2010, 02:47 AM
I went into 7-11 and they said they won't get it until Thursday at the eariest. Since it launched today, hwere would be the best place to look?

Acheron
04-20-2010, 05:40 AM
I like Typhoon a lot. A bit punchier than Game Fuel, but somewhat similar.

White Out is very drinkable, since the flavor is so mild. I still find it to be somewhat unremarkable. I could see how it would have it's fans, though.

Distortion is great if you're a fan of artificial lime flavoring. Probably the most intensely flavored Dew since Pitch Black II. I would've guessed it was a Jolly Rancher soda if I tasted it brand-unseen.

BluejacketT
04-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Tried White Out yesterday. It was pretty good.

KingOfDiamonds
04-20-2010, 01:36 PM
I saw white out(which i bought) and typhoon. I'm enjoying the white out. They all sound interesting though.

BottleBoss
04-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I tried the grapefruit version and the Lime version and thought they were both great. I am partial to the Lime though. The typhoon flavor was O.K. but not great. Some of the sheets stores around the Frederick, Maryland Have this stuff. But not much of it. Still no Mello Yello anywhere though.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Found the new dews today. I picked up Distortion, I must say, I really enjoyed it, but then again, I really like lime stuff. I could see me drinking Distortion on a daily basis. Sucks it's already losing though. I'll try White Out next, Which is winning right now. I would be okay with White Out winning since Squirt is not that easy to find down here and I like grapefruit drinks. But i won't even be trying Typhoon, I'm SICK AND TIRED of these red drinks.

BluejacketT
04-21-2010, 02:02 PM
I tried the other 2 new Dews today. Typhoon is good, but tastes too much like fruit punch. Distortion is the best one out of the 3.

Dewman1979
04-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Hope to try it in the next two days. Still have not seen it anywhere. But it's suppose to be at 7-11 today or tomorrow.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Okay, So today I tried White Out. I was VERY disapointed. It is not good at all. It's oookkaaayyyy.. But definately not something I will ever drink again or ever waste $1.52 on again. I was not impressed with the flavor. Atleast last year, all the DEWmocracy flavors were alright. Supernova was overpowered but was still okay. This time around, I'm not so sure it'll be the same. I know I said, I won't even be bothering with Typhoon, but since White Out is so bad, I guess I have to. So far, Distortion wins my vote HANDS DOWN! and I will be very angry if White Out wins. It's horrible.

mjb1124
04-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Finally spotted the Dewmocracy flavors after searching for about a week and a half. Tried the Typhoon, and I liked it. It's a bit like Game Fuel, but less sweet and more complex. I taste a bit of pineapple or maybe even coconut? I will try the other two over the next few days.

I do have to say I'm happy the new flavors do not have ginseng or extra caffeine, unlike the last batch. I had to swear off Pepsi Max because it was causing me to crash horribly. I'm also glad they didn't go with yet another blue or purple berry flavor. After a while, they all started to blend into each other.

orion007
04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Please tell me they are not planning on replacing Volatage with one of these 3 flavors. Volatage sells extremely well down here in lower alabama. I have a hard time finding it sometimes because it tends to sellout first before other flavors. I really love it and it is the primary soda that I drink now. Hell I even mix it with vodka sometimes, lol.

lordmadone
04-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Ease your fears. Voltage is here to stay(for now). It sells well too where I am..I tried it for the first time in a while the other day and can say I liked it..but not an everyday sorta thing.

Also just so everyone knows..the winner of this Dewmocracy will be a slurpee flavor for the whole month of January 2011.

mjb1124
04-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Today I tried Distortion and White Out. I didn't like either of them all that much. Distortion was just too sweet and candy-like for me, like a lime sour ball or gummy bear or something. It did vaguely remind me of the Fanta Lime I enjoyed in Hungary years ago, but I don't remember that tasting so artificial. White Out was also a bit too sweet and artificial-tasting for my liking, and really didn't seem to taste like anything in particular. My vote goes to Typhoon, hands down.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-23-2010, 08:06 PM
I found some White Out today. Overall I enjoyed it. It tasted kinda like Fresca/grapefruitey at the beginning, but I got used to the flavor the more sips I took. Overall very good flavor.

fusion
04-23-2010, 09:35 PM
20oz popping up at 7-11s. Some locations are featuring "buy 2 Dewmocracy, get 1 free." Great way to try all the flavors and save some $.

DJ Pauly D
04-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I am in love with Distortion. Then again I'm a sucker for anything lime. :D

atrac
04-24-2010, 08:20 PM
These have finally appeared in SoCal (now if only *edit* Mello Yello would follow suit). So far have only tried Typhoon and am not impressed. But I've never been a fan of fruit punch as a carbonated soda. Non-carbonated -- yes!

stinkfinger
04-24-2010, 08:54 PM
I positive you won't find ANY Mellow Yellow in SoCal, or anywhere else.

Dewman1979
04-25-2010, 12:04 AM
So far I have tried typhoon and white out. Typhoon is the better of the two to me.

Tomorrow will try distortion.

atrac
04-25-2010, 02:33 AM
I have now tried all there and have to say, they are all unimpressive. Distortion would probably be good for mixing drinks with its strong lime taste, but White Out seems like a weak unintentional knock-off of Sierra Mist Ruby Splash.

I'll be sticking with Mountain Dew original or MELLO YELLO if it ever appears in SoCal (or I move).

lordmadone
04-25-2010, 09:37 PM
A weak unintentional knock off? Wow..never even came to that conclusion..

atrac
04-25-2010, 09:58 PM
They are both grapefruit based -- not sure why that is so surprising?

Dewman1979
04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
They are both grapefruit based -- not sure why that is so surprising?

Because it is ignorant.

lordmadone
04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I have tried both of which you speak..they don't taste ANYTHING remotely like each other. Ruby Splash tastes totally different.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I found the 12 packs of all 3 today at Target. I bought a 12 pack of Distortion for $5.13 after taxes. I also picked up a 20 oz. of Typhoon today. I was surprised it tasted better than White Out, but wasn't better than Distortion in my opinion. Typhoon is really sweet, but not overpowering like last year's Supernova. Still, It tastes like Game Fuel with a little change to the formula. Distortion is my overall favorite and don't intend on drinking White Out or Typhoon ever again.

atrac
04-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Because it is ignorant.

Excuse me? Why are you so offended by my opinion that you have to result to an insult?

atrac
04-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I have tried both of which you speak..they don't taste ANYTHING remotely like each other. Ruby Splash tastes totally different.

I respect your opinion, as I hope you respect mine. ;)

Dewman1979
04-27-2010, 02:42 AM
Excuse me? Why are you so offended by my opinion that you have to result to an insult?

You can taker it as an insult if you want, but it is a fact. ruby splash is a terrible comparison.

it is similar to squirt. Not lemon and lime soda with a dab of ruby.

atrac
04-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I agree -- Squirt is a much better comparison!

Personally I have learned after drinking various sodas that I am just not a fan of grapefruit. For my particular taste buds it dominates anything flavored with it (hence my apparent heresy of comparing White Out to Ruby Splash).

But that's just my opinion, as ignorant and remotely wrong as it is. :p

steveu
04-27-2010, 11:44 AM
I've tried White Out and Distortion (it's all over in Mich.) and am lukewarm on both. Have Typhoon in the fridge and will try it soon. I liked last year's flavors better.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I wish Revolution would have returned this year and replaced White Out or Typhoon.

jacksmom
04-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Last year's flavors were better, but I've had some time now to warm up to the new ones. I may have to recant what I said a bit, as now I find myself looking forward to my "Distortion" days more than the other flavors (I usually only drink one a day - very sensitive to caffeine). That being said, I'm debating whether or not to throw my vote to Typhoon, since it seems Distortion's dead last in the voting so far. I just think White Out is too similar to other drinks already on the market.

Dewman1979
04-27-2010, 02:37 PM
I like typhoon. Not so much the others. White out is way to similur to squirt. And distortion plain sucks.

None of these are as good as supernova.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Supernova was not that great but sure was better than Typhoon and White Out on my opinion.

mjb1124
04-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I think I may like Typhoon better than any of the flavors from last year (and certainly better than White Out and Distortion). And come to think of it, aside from Game Fuel, I also taste a hint of Baja Blast in there. (Certainly it's more Baja-esque than Distortion.) It's basically like a cross between the two, and it works for me.

As for White Out... perhaps the reason why there's such a heated debate over what it tastes like is because it's so "smooth" that it's hard to detect a distinct flavor. I can see where the Sprite and Ruby Splash comparisons are coming from, but it's way too sweet to be comparable to Squirt. But to me it tastes more like bubble gum than anything else.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Last year, voltage was best and revolution was good. This year only one flavor is good IMO. Pepsi could have did better with the flavors they released

fusion
04-29-2010, 08:23 AM
It's not Pepsi's fault. The blame, if there is any, lies on the shoulders of the Dew Labs members.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Well Distortion was blending in with the regular Dew, so I nearly missed it (Who knows maybe they had Typhoon hidden in the three rows of Code Red).
I liked it, definately tasted like the Stewart's Key Lime soda I have had before.

StormSurge
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm in the Distortion camp.

I still wish Pitch Black was around. :(

Hacksaw
05-07-2010, 09:28 PM
These flavors are showing up here in 20 oz. bottles.

Dewman1979
05-08-2010, 03:05 AM
Distortion has won me over.

atrac
05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Yep, my vote's with Distortion too. It was an acquired taste for me but I now find myself craving it.

Misticdude
05-09-2010, 04:15 PM
These don't have ginseng in them like all of the previous dewmocracies did, do they?

Dewman1979
05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
since distortion has no chance of winning, I am voting typhoon(which trails white out by 1 percent)

i want white out to lose.

jacksmom
05-10-2010, 10:50 AM
since distortion has no chance of winning, I am voting typhoon(which trails white out by 1 percent)

i want white out to lose.

Ditto - it's too bad, really. I am, however, stocking up on Distortion (and Typhoon, just in case), but I do agree Distortion is an acquired taste. I didn't prefer it at first, but it's definitely grown on me.

Troy The Vault Drinker
05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Distortion is easily the best flavor. Typhoon doesn't need to win AT ALL. I'll be alright if White Out wins, but I won't drink it much. We need to do something, and MASS VOTE Distortion.

seanstarwars
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
hey everybody, I have been a bevnet/ bevboard member for a few years now althoug i rarely post. I am the so called President of the Distortion Flavor Nation on Dewlabs, for those of you familiar with Dewlabs. I know i have read a couple or so postings about dewlabs since it got going this past summer. anyway , I am pleased to hear the comments about Distortion and how it is starting to grow on many of you. I agree, it does start to grow on you, I only drink one or two a day in addition to my four or five cans or bottles. but I really do like it and think it is better than the other two flavors. We still have 35 days left on Dewmocracy and there is still ample time to catch up . seriously, there are whole counties that have not even registered one vote yet in some states. there is plenty of room to grow and time to catch up although admittedly it will take a great deal of work. so please do vote as often as you can including texting your votes.thanks Sean

Miley Cyrus
05-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Favorite to least favorite:
Distortion
Typhoon
White Out

Both Dewmocracies:
Distortion
Supernova
Typhoon
Voltage
White Out
Revolution

Overall:
Regular
Pitch Black 2
Pitch Black 1
Distortion
Supernova
Code Red
Red Game Fuel
Blue Game Fuel
Typhoon
Voltage
Baja Blast
White Out
Livewire
Revolution

Diet and caffeine free are dead to me.

Dewman1979
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Distortion
Typhoon
White Out

Both Dewmocracies:

Supernova
Distortion
Typhoon
Revolution
White Out
Voltage

Overall:
Livewire
Diet Dew
Regular
Ultra Violet
Pitch Black 1
Distortion
Supernova
Code Red
Red Game Fuel
Revolution
Typhoon
Blue Game Fuel
Baja Blast
Pitch Black 2
White Out
Voltage

jacksmom
05-12-2010, 05:43 PM
I can and can't believe White Out's going to win - boohoo!

Troy The Vault Drinker
05-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Distortion
White Out
Typhoon

Both Dewmocracies:
Distortion
Voltage
Revolution
White Out
Typhoon
Supernova

Dewman1979
05-21-2010, 02:57 PM
The majority of the country wants typhoon...yet white out is ahead thanks to california. Lame.

Mr Zabe
05-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I routinely hear the Democracy's add on our local sports talk radio show "The Score".

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
05-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Ugh America is stuck on the "Game Fuel" Dew train. Hopefully White Out can win and actually make a new MTN DEW product rather than a long continuation. I must say, though, that Distortion is tasty, just not a proven winning color.

Tannerman
05-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Of the 3, I liked White Out the best, but Typhoon had the more distinctive flavor. I still have an issue with the color... how stupid is red?

UncleBob
05-26-2010, 01:51 AM
So, I met up with one of the Dew teams touring the country. Team Typhoon was nearby. I wasn't going to go visit, since I worked today, but I ended up winning some e-mail contest where I got a Dew Drop package. Ideally, they were supposed to drop it off at my place, but I was outside of their drop radius (supposed to be 25 miles out, but I'm about 45 or so) - so I had to come pick it up if I wanted it. It included a Shirt, a can of each flavor of Dew, a Flip Camcorder (specially decorated for Dew) and a neat, metal "ammo" case. I was supposed to get a case of Typhoon as well, but I didn't get one for some reason?

Anywhoo, neat promo. I'm too old for this - I swear these were like 18-22 year old kids doing this promo. I was a complete doof as they recorded me. All well, got some kind words in for Throwback. Had to break the news to them that I liked Distortion better, but that I liked Typhoon better than White Out. When I first tried them, I didn't like Typhoon at all, but the taste has grown on me. I drink a lot of my sodas room temperate, and Typhoon just can't be drank that way.

Dewman1979
05-29-2010, 04:33 PM
So...just what makes the new dew...dew? No yellow 5, no Orange juice. What?

scum1
06-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I thought they were supposed to have all of these in 4 packs at Walmart. I been looking but have not seen them. Has any one else?

jacksmom
06-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I've seen them in 4-packs here at our Wal-Mart - I think they are $1.25 per 4-pack.

fusion
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
They had them here, but I had to look for them. Seems the focus lately is the $5 24 packs.

The 4 packs were $1 here, which is what the Dewsletter said they were supposed to be.

Miley Cyrus
06-18-2010, 10:24 PM
It's official. Congrats White Out fans. Unfortunately that was my least fav. :(

atrac
10-10-2010, 02:27 AM
The Big Lots in my area is selling 4 packs of each of the contenders for 75 cents. I bought an unholy amount of Distortion, since I'll probably never see it again.

Great deal!