PDA

View Full Version : dpsu/pepsi brand swap

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
along with the dr pepper deal pbg reached with dpsu, apparently a handover of vernors rights in michigan was a smaller part. dpsu will be handling vernors in the whole state of michigan whereas before they only had it in a small part of the state. it's big volume here in michigan.

fusion
04-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Has the handover taken effect already? I wonder how this will affect market share in the state. Certainly a big win for DPS.

Does DPS do cubes/slabs? I remember seeing pictures of cubes of Vernor's - that meant to me it was a huge brand in MI.

CitrusCola
04-08-2010, 06:36 AM
I've heard that DPSG has taken back distribution rights for several products from Pepsi. I guess Vernors was one of those products. Does anyone know of any other drinks that DPSG took back?

fusion
04-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Hawaiian Punch, but I think that was part of the Crush deal. Probably Squirt, and possibly Sunkist? I know Pepsi-Charlotte had Sunkist before PBG bought them out. Pepsi in Atlanta had it as well.

the saint
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
HP for sure is gonna be gone, we are liquidating out whatever we have left in the warehouse now. I do not know for sure about canada dry ginger ale, we have been out of 2 liters for about 5 weeks. I am sure that they are waiting to get final yeah or nay before ordering any more. who knows.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-12-2010, 10:53 PM
canada dry is one of dpsu's "core four" brands so they most likely want it back. dr pep is too but that is the whole deal. plus, pbg i'm sure has performance requirements in the contract. dpsu rarely does any 24pks in MI. recently have seen dr pep 24pk cubes and i imagine they will keep vernors in cube form. pbg made vernors and diet vernors in cubes and sold quite well in some areas.