PDA

View Full Version : G Series

fusion
04-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Ok, so now G/G2 are positioned in a "series" of drinks, along with two new lines.

01 Prime - pre-workout/pre-game. Contains b-vitamins, carbs, and electrolytes. Haven't seen it in stores yet, but it comes in a 4oz pouch.

02 Perform - during workout/game. G and G2 fall into this category.

03 Recover - post-workout/game. The first rehydrating protein drink. 16.9oz bottle. 14g carbs, 16g protein (from milk). Sucrose/ace-k/sucralose sweetened, 130 calories

I found the 03 in Acme Markets today in the back room, so I wasn't sure of the price. Rang up $2.19 at the register - OUCH! I think people will perceive it as just another Gatorade drink, and won't be willing to pay that much for it. They tried selling Accelerade 20oz off the shelf for about that price, and people weren't buying it.

I guess we'll see...

SodaFan16
11-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I tried the Gatorade Recover Lemon Lime Orange Drink today, I liked it. 16g protein and only 130 calories is awesome too.

I have Mixed Berry in the fridge, I'll try it soon and tell you guys what I think about it. I have a feeling that's it's going to taste better than Lemon Lime Orange.

fusion
11-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I think these things are tanking, a lot of stores are pricing them 10/$10 along with the 32oz Gatorade. Odd thing, though, Wal-Mart just started recently carrying 1&3, and they're in the pharmacy section, and priced at $1 each.

The Series 1 pouches are a nightmare. Practically every store I go into has a sticky mess under the boxes, because the pouches sometimes burst in transit.

SodaFan16
11-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I think these things are tanking, a lot of stores are pricing them 10/$10 along with the 32oz Gatorade. Odd thing, though, Wal-Mart just started recently carrying 1&3, and they're in the pharmacy section, and priced at $1 each.

The Series 1 pouches are a nightmare. Practically every store I go into has a sticky mess under the boxes, because the pouches sometimes burst in transit.

I noticed that too, oh well it's cheaper for me!

cokeman19
11-10-2010, 09:33 AM
i think gatorade is trying too hard. you go into a store wanting to buy a regular lemon lime gatorade for your kid to bring to soccer practice. Instead of finding it right away you have to sift through g 123, pouches and labels that have the flavor in small print.

I think powerade has a good approach. regular and zero with the flavor clearly marked.

SodaFan16
11-10-2010, 04:06 PM
i think gatorade is trying too hard. you go into a store wanting to buy a regular lemon lime gatorade for your kid to bring to soccer practice. Instead of finding it right away you have to sift through g 123, pouches and labels that have the flavor in small print.

I think powerade has a good approach. regular and zero with the flavor clearly marked.

I actually love the G Series, 16g of protein in one drink is just awesome.