PDA

View Full Version : Miller Light 16 oz. Alumi-Tek Bottle

rackitup
04-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Wow, This 16 oz. 9 pack finally came to Oregon, just in time for summer.

And the commercial is Funny, i tried to post a URL here but the commercial is not available.

greg
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
I love this package!!!
Comes in a 9 pack.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
coors light this fall.

it's the alumitek bottle, but that wasn't going so hot with customers so we just call it the aluminum pint now.

rackitup
04-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I agree with you Greg. :)

Runwithdalilguy, The best Container ever,
I read up on the can, I was supprised to read that it came out in Sept. 2008.
I just saw the commercial a few weeks ago in Oregon, I tried to find it manny stores, and finally I found it @ a Hagens, the 9-Pack must have been a sample, it was the only one in the cooler and the box top was open.
I am in Seattle now and have not been able to find it @ any store. :(
I am going to contact the local distributor and ask for retail locations.

greg
04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
rackit
The package was a in the S. Fl market as a test. I bought them every chance I had then it disappeared. I saw it again at the NACS and asked about it and they said it will be rolled out nationally....and so I now I see again and I buy it every chance I can.
I have 6 in my fridge right now! Musch better than the 16oz plastic bottle.

Have you seen the Mini Fridge kegs that are out? I havent tried one....YET.....but the long summer weekends are about to start so i will try one then. I was told once it is opened it is meant to be drank. Usually they last about 4-5 days as far as freshness. But if it takes you 4-5 days to drink one then you probably shouldnt be buying that package in the first place.

rackitup
04-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Greg
You are a Lucky Man,,,LOL
The container can make all of the difference,
years ago I had a 22 or 24 oz Coors light, it came in a glass widemouth bottle,
@ the time it was the best domestic Beer I had consumed.
It was on a Hot July day, my Buddy just purchased a new boat, that Beer tasted soo GooD.

I also like Bud's aluminum bottle, but it did not make a big differnce in taste for me.
It is interesting how Bud markets it for Premium in house consumption from there beverage zone coolers (or whatever they are called), and off premise.
I understand Miller is marketing alumitek for off premise only.

Overall in regular 12 oz glass bottle I prefer,
Bud Light,
Miller Light,
Coors Light,
in that order
BUT,,, when the Coors Light Glass Widemouth was available I prefered it over the other 2,
now that Miller has the Alumitek can available it has gon to the top of my list.

I have heard from Miller Salesmen in WA. and OR. that the big keg can is coming,
I just called the Miller distributor in WA. and she told me they just started shipping alumitek this week in my city.
She told me no big keg's yet, BUT she did see a mini kegerator for sale @ Bed bath And Beyond @ X-Mass.

greg
05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Most of my weekend looked like this.......

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-04-2010, 11:30 PM
the minikeg is called home draft. there's been some quality control issues with the coors light so that might be on delay to launch new states but miller lite should be on track. if it does well, and it is so far, there's on tap plans for blue moon nationally and leinenkugel's honey weiss in wisconsin/minn/chicago areas

golee1
05-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't usually drink Miller Lite, but it tastes awesome in the aluminum cans. $9.99 (or more) is a little steep for me but you get what you pay for.

scum1
05-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I thought about picking one up the other day at walmart (coors light). Then I saw the cost per oz was way higher and just bought a 20 pack of bud light. I do admit they look pretty neat though.

Mr Zabe
05-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Gee, those bottles are way to funny.
Just sling a long neck beer of your liking
and chug and move on to your next beer.
This new bottle is all gimmick.

greg
05-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I dont think it is a gimmick. I am a beer drinker. I dont just drink one and done. I like my beer.
When I buy 12 oz packages they are just too small. When I bought the 16oz plastic bottle it wouldnt keep the product cold enough throughout the whole drinking experience. When I buy the 24 oz it just looks bad sitting by the pool with one of those wrapped inside your hand......so the 16oz Alumi-Tek bottle fills a need for me. It provides cold beer to the last drop as well as it doesnt look as if I am a glutten when drinking out of it.
This is my package of choice these days.

Mr Zabe
05-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Let me clarify. I make the assumption that w16oz Alumi-Tek will eventually be
sold at a premium price above the market retail cost per once of similar bottle/can beers.
IMO,if the demand for 16oz Alumi-Tek dose not be grow and IF the retail price is much greater
than similar beer packages then the "mass" blue collar market probably will continue to
buy beer in the most affordable container????? I'm also assuming that the blue collar market has the greatest demand for value priced beers.

Granted, I do not know anything about the retail beer market. LOL

rackitup
05-31-2010, 03:45 AM
Let me clarify. I make the assumption that w16oz Alumi-Tek will eventually be
sold at a premium price above the market retail cost per once of similar bottle/can beers.
IMO,if the demand for 16oz Alumi-Tek dose not be grow and IF the retail price is much greater
than similar beer packages then the "mass" blue collar market probably will continue to
buy beer in the most affordable container????? I'm also assuming that the blue collar market has the greatest demand for value priced beers.

Granted, I do not know anything about the retail beer market. LOL

I hear what you are sayiny Mr Zabe.

When they first came out I compared the price per Oz., the new can is actually cheaper per Oz. as the 24 oz. can, and not much more than the 12 Oz. can or bottle.
They retil for $1.39.
The 9 pack is selling, selling out actually, not manny stores in OR. and WA. can keep it on the shelfs. I am still having a hard time finding it in stock.
I can't imagine how much more they could sell if they actually had it in stock.

I am wih Greg, it is my beer of choice.