PDA

View Full Version : Which Pepsi plant code AN for?

Themaster73
04-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Does anyone know which Pepsi plant code AN is for?

fusion
04-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Where are you located? I really want to say AN is Brooklyn NY. I believe I've seen that code on Canada Dry products at one point in time - Honickman has Pepsi and Canada Dry in NYC.

Themaster73
04-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I am in NYC, the KP sodas and regular bottles come from plant code NY, while the Throwbacks and Cease Fire come from plant code AN.

Isn't Pepsi Honickman in College Point NY?

Themaster73
04-26-2010, 09:31 PM
So where exactly is plant code 'NY'? Purchase NY?

I checked a can today and saw 'AN', and the can had College Point NY on it (the bottle that I saw 'AN' on earlier did not).

I would think KP and Throwbacks would be bottled at the same place

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Surprisingly, the Throwback here wasn't made in College Point, which does alot of the Kosher Pepsi making for alot of places. It (Throwback) was actually made in Patchogue (PN), while the Kosher was made in Garden City (GN).

fusion
04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Honickman has a plant in College Point, yes. That code is NY. I think that's where they make their Canada Dry products at. I think the Pepsi stuff comes from AN.

The caps down here all say bottled under the authority of Pepsi, even the Canada Dry products. They bottle both lines in Pennsauken NJ (code HJ).

There also used to be a plant in Elizabeth, NJ - Elizabeth Beverages. Code EL.

The stuff in central/southern MD/DC/VA (Canada Dry Potomac territory) comes from Beverage Capital, Honickman's plant in Baltimore. Code BC. They copack there as well, including Vitaminwater. Before Coke owned Vitaminwater, they just put julian production codes on the the bottles. Now they all have expiration dates.

And, they buy 16.9oz 6pks from DPS-Columbus OH, code CB. In the CD Potomac territory, they mostly sell 20oz 6pks. The only chain up here that still sells them is Giant, because most of their stores are in CD Potomac territory.

RC Winchester (code EB) also sells 20oz 6pks - everything but Dr Pepper and Mountain Dew, which are 24oz 6pks, and usually in the Pepsi section, or next to it.