PDA

View Full Version : a great new pepsi item

jerr2429
04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
there is a new pepsi coming august 2010 and it is cherry vanilla pepsi in regular and diet. did not have any to try at the meeting today, but package looks good.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
August? I thought it was coming in May...

halloaaryn
04-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Cherry Lemon Pepsi would be AMAZING.

Im sure Cherry Vanilla will be good as well

jacksmom
04-29-2010, 12:09 PM
That sounds great - I'll look forward to it!

lordmadone
04-29-2010, 02:53 PM
May in my market area(Virginia) but I don't know about others..usually the promotions run concurrently with each other...

jerr2429
04-29-2010, 08:15 PM
in nj nothing is ever correct we are always behind.

fusion
04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
That's exactly why I never post about things until they're 100% confirmed. Products get scrapped, pushed back, redesigned, reformulated, repackaged, targeted towards specific chains/types of outlets, and so on.

Just because you've seen/tried samples doesn't mean a whole lot. Remember Caffeine Free Coke C2? Of course not, because it never made it past samples. Someone got a little too hasty with that one, and they were going to launch it before C2 even proved itself in the marketplace. Now it's long gone. So look at what Coke is doing with CF Coke Zero, they're taking their time. It's only in France and Japan so far.

At any point in the development process, a person or persons can scrap a new item, for any number of reasons. Or an item can be partially rolled out, and then it never makes it to other markets, due to poor performance.

Then there's issues completely outside of the control of the bottler, like a chain authorizing a new product, or a 3rd party company (Rockstar, Hansen's, etc) that is developing the new product - the whole thing is in their hands, and the communication between that 3rd party and the bottler is crucial.

Like a Pepsi guy told me, I'll believe it when I see it on my truck. Lol. Or in my case, on a pallet.

Mr Zabe
04-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Very well said. :)

Susan
04-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Pepsi Cherry Vanilla sounds great! Can't wait. :p I thought I heard that Lime Crush will be out at some point. Any truth to that? And why oh why can't Peach Crush go national! Tell these guys to get with it Fusion!

Dewman1979
04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
What about pepsi max?

Dewman1979
04-30-2010, 05:42 PM
And the New Diet Dew?

lordmadone
05-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Fusion I hope you weren't implying for me...everything I have posted about has been(and has so far) come out...albeit not the same time my paperwork says but..you catch my drift.

I think the problem is that some people don't take into account..region releases as opposed to outright national releases(like dewmocracy). Regional releases from my opinion come out at a pace and releases could come by in months...like the Sobe Pet conversion.

Jerr I am almost positive your information is wrong... Cherry Vanilla Pepsi will be a LTO flavor..and while yes it will have a diet..LTOs release around the same time frame(within an allotted few weeks usually). Your MU is not far from ours so I think you wouldnt be but a week or two off of me....maybe someone like Saint can correct me.

the saint
05-01-2010, 06:45 AM
While I have heard and seen a SMALL amount of info on release of the CV Pepsi, I do not know when the time frame is. I do not have any of the paperwork here at home concerning LTO stuff for the year or I could tell you.
I do know that YES it is coming WITH a regular and a diet version and YES it IS an LTO product (for now). Also YES LTO packages are generally rolled out in the same period nationally, some may be week one while the next market over may be week 4. Sometimes it is in a 6 week time frame being week 4, 1,2,3,4, 1 . It just depends on the availability of the concentrate, labels etc, etc.

All they have had us worrying about is a conversion from 12 pk cans to an 8 pk can package, Dewmocracy and the last 2 days of hell getting 16 oz singles out in 50% of the market.