PDA

View Full Version : Probably a dumb question - Cheerwine

skylark68
05-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm getting ready to go on a trip to see a friend in Charlottesville, Virginia. On the way up there my wife and I are going to go through the Blue Ridge Pkwy. I think we are going to stay in Franklin, NC one night. Knowing that Cheerwine is based in NC, what are the odds that I will find Cheerwine in Franklin?

fusion
05-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I assume you're speaking of the Franklin, NC that's in Rowan County, just north of Salisbury - because if you're are, that's good news. Cheerwine is HQed in Salisbury. Before noon, you can visit the office, and I believe buy from their warehouse. They also have t-shirts and such. There is also an old timey drugstore in downtown Salisbury that sells their stuff as well.

Also, Cheerwine is sold by Pepsi of Charlottesville, but further to the west, where Dr Pepper of Staunton has Dr Pepper (and Mountain Dew, for that matter).

skylark68
05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Sorry, I should have stated the one in Macon county, in the mountains. I would like to take a trip out to Salisbury though, that would be awesome. I'll have to see if I can fit it in. It's a little out of the way, but not too bad.

drpep
05-06-2010, 10:01 PM
If you are taking the Parkway then you should take a quick trip to West Jefferson or Sparta. Cheerwine will be found in glass bottles. I'm sure any little store off the Parkway will have some kind of Cheerwine package.

skylark68
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Awesome, I'll have to stop by W. Jefferson. Can you go to the actual bottling plant, or is there a certain place where you buy the W. Jefferson produced products there?

drpep
05-07-2010, 07:45 PM
You can go to the plant. I've never been there myself. If you look around the board you can find other poster's experiences at the plant. I'm sure most stores in the area will have glass bottled product from West Jefferson availible. I loaded up at the Lowes Foods in Sparta about four years ago.

Cheer-wined
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Bottling plant isn't open to the public but you can buy all brands they produce (plus some they distribute for Tri-Cities) at the main distribution warehouse. Address is 2614 NC Hwy 163, W. Jefferson NC. It is not easy to see from the road - on the left side of 163 if going towards West Jefferson from the parkway. Open until 5 pm M-F.

skylark68
05-21-2010, 04:26 PM
We'll be driving right by there if my map skills serve me correctly. Thanks for the information.