PDA

View Full Version : Coke Freestyle machine...

lordmadone
05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2010/05/coke-freestyle-machine-590.jpg

Pretty sleek lookin...

Coke's New Machine Gives You 104 Flavors - Slashfood (http://www.slashfood.com/2010/05/10/cokes-new-machine-gives-you-104-flavors/?icid=main|hp-desktop|dl3|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slashfood.com%2 F2010%2F05%2F10%2Fcokes-new-machine-gives-you-104-flavors%2F)

esw01407
05-11-2010, 08:48 AM
NEPA tends to be one of the last areas to get things, but I hope the tests of these units work out, because I would enjoy having a few around my area. They sound so awesome its scary.

popologist
05-11-2010, 10:58 PM
These machines are a brilliant move by Coke. It's revolutionary (in the soda business).

Are these exclusively for Coke, or does Pepsi have a version too?

Mr Zabe
05-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I think I read on this board that Pepsi is in the development of a similar machine.
It appears that Pepsi has not worked out several technical problems with their
machine.

Pixel
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Pepsi's attempt at making a similar machine was a joke. It didn't have the ultra concentrated syrups and was a monstrosity to operate.
Coke has the patent and it will be some time before Pepsi can catch up.
The machines are rolling out in certain areas of the country based on training and maintenance schedules. They can't immediately deliver the machines to areas of the country that don't have qualified technicians and service people to set up, operate and maintain them yet so that's the biggest stumbling block to a quicker roll out of the machines.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/cocacolafreestyle?ref=ts

fusion
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Another constraint is production capacity. From what I understand, the concentrated syrup cartridges are only made at the Atlanta concentrate/syrup plant, which has embarked on an expansion to increase production of the cartridges.

And with the costs of the machines still so high, I think they will be very selective about placement of future machines, until technology catches up and the prices come down (like with CDs, DVDs, computers, etc, etc.).

Popboy
05-13-2010, 01:12 PM
As per usual Canada will probably never see this device on our part of the continent, if we do the test market would be out in hickville where hillbillies would be askin'... "Yes, but does it have Sarsaparilla or Moonshine?!?!"

Dewman1979
05-13-2010, 03:38 PM
would love to try this, hope Pepsi copies.

jacksmom
05-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Another constraint is production capacity. From what I understand, the concentrated syrup cartridges are only made at the Atlanta concentrate/syrup plant, which has embarked on an expansion to increase production of the cartridges.

And with the costs of the machines still so high, I think they will be very selective about placement of future machines, until technology catches up and the prices come down (like with CDs, DVDs, computers, etc, etc.).

They could place one right in my neighborhood and I would promise they would more than make up the cost! :)

jacksmom
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Well, we just got back from our Disney vacation in California and, lucky me, I got to try one of these machines at a Jack In the Box that we landed at (since our GPS misdirected us). I was in seventh heaven! Yeah - the theme parks were great, but this was the highlight of my trip! They had so many flavors I didn't know what to try; Raspberry Coke, Orange Coke, Cherry Sprite, Raspberry Sprite, Peach Sprite, Lime Fanta - on and on and on. I ended up finally doing a mix of Lime Fanta, Cherry Fanta and a bit of Cherry Sprite - it was wonderful! I don't know why they don't roll these things out everywhere! My kids were just laughing at me - I was that excited! ;)

Pixel
10-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Well, we just got back from our Disney vacation in California and, lucky me, I got to try one of these machines at a Jack In the Box that we landed at (since our GPS misdirected us). I was in seventh heaven! Yeah - the theme parks were great, but this was the highlight of my trip! They had so many flavors I didn't know what to try; Raspberry Coke, Orange Coke, Cherry Sprite, Raspberry Sprite, Peach Sprite, Lime Fanta - on and on and on. I ended up finally doing a mix of Lime Fanta, Cherry Fanta and a bit of Cherry Sprite - it was wonderful! I don't know why they don't roll these things out everywhere! My kids were just laughing at me - I was that excited! ;)

They can't roll them out "everywhere" until every region has trained technicians to service and set them up. You don't just plug them in and hook up the water, there's a lot more involved.