PDA

View Full Version : Cherry and Diet RC in South Florida!!

ilikesoda
05-19-2010, 12:02 PM
I can't believe it, we've always had regular RC, but now Cherry and Diet!! It's about time. Sadly it's only at Wal-Mart, but i'll take what I can get. I just hate the lines.

Susan
05-19-2010, 04:21 PM
We have Cherry RC around here but only in 20 oz. plastic bottles in mini marts and small stores. I haven't seen it in cans for ages. To me it's the best cherry cola out there.

ilikesoda
05-19-2010, 04:32 PM
In these parts we've had Regular RC for ages in cans, 2 liters, and 20 oz's, heck, we used to even have it on fountain back when Arby's and RC had a deal together, but diet and cherry, never. Now we have the diet and cherry in cans only, but i'm fine with that since it's my package of choice, behind glass that is. I'm pretty sure i've seen reg and diet in glass, does cherry in glass even exist? anyone?

fusion
05-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Believe it or not, RC and Arby's were actually owned by the same company, Triarc. They sold their beverage holdings (Snapple, RC, Stewart's, Mistic) to DPS (then Cadbury Schweppes) in 2000, and then bought Wendy's in 2008.

I had heard Cherry RC was making a comeback. I hope we can find it here in the Mid-Atlantic at some point.

CitrusCola
05-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Triarc is essentially one man: Nelson Peltz. Up until recently, he had owned a large chunk of DPS stock, and it was rumored that he had been pressuring DPS to make some changes. I wonder if that's why they changed the RC logo and have started to promote it more?

He is said to be really fond of RC Cola and Snapple. He just recently reduced his DPS holdings.

CORRECT: Peltz's Trian Partners Cuts Stake In Dr. Pepper Snapple - FOXBusiness.com (http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/retail/correct-peltzs-trian-partners-cuts-stake-dr-pepper-snapple/)

Wally1912
05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
I would love to see Cherry RC for sale in New England. I hope Polar Beverages sees the light and starts producing this great product once again.

Speaking of RC, has anyone noticed the RC can image has been missing from the Dr Pepper Snapple Group (http://www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com/brands/) product webpage? RC is still listed in the text area and DrinkRC.com (http://www.drinkrc.com) still pulls up the RC Cola page, but I find it really strange that the product image has disappeared from both the the large scrolling area at the top and the smaller sized images at the bottom.

Android
05-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I noticed that image missing a while ago. Looks like DrP/7up doesn't care much for the RC brand.

I'm on a bit of a road trip, haven't stopped as muich as I should have to check out local sodas, but I haven't found any Cherry RC. Did get some Diet Rite Cherry Cola, which I think is pretty good and not available where I live.

-Andy

Dewman1979
05-28-2010, 04:31 AM
..this. Both were there to be had. Will buy a 12 pack of cherry rc the next time I go in there.

Susan
06-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I went to Walmart this morning and we now have Cherry RC in 12 packs! I was very happy to see this and bought two 12 packs and they are getting cold as I write this. I'm going to have one with my lunch. :)

amyers
06-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Where in South Florida do you live?

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
06-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Surprised to see RC Cherry on Long Island.
Only places I usually see RC are in Wal Mart (Non-supercenters...yet) and Target (Same situation as Wal Mart apparently).
My RC Cherry spotting was in a Wal Mart. Looks like its taken a 1000+ mile trip from NL (Northlake, Illinois)!
Also, looks like they used a ton of actual sugar (Pretty much same contents as WCP). More small bubbles than large ones.